PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore has taken his game to the next level. He was always a very good corner who would make a few stupid plays every time I'd watch him. But he's legitimately become the best CB in the league (and I don't think it's even close anymore between him and the next guy) and, should this continue, we'll have to discuss him as the best in the era (no offense to Ty Law at all). As another poster stated, he is looking like 2009 Revis out there.

Gilmore

43.8% Comp pct
0 TDs
4 INTs
35.1 passer rating

2009 Revis

36.9% Comp pct
2 TDs
6 INTs
32.3 passer rating

No #1 CB is close the last few years

I find myself sometimes ignoring the ball and just trying to focus on Gilmore on a lot of plays ( if the tv cameras allow me). I think the last player I did that for was Hannah.
It's hard to not watch TB12 on every play so that's about the biggest compliment I can pay another player.

Gilmore calls it “Gilly lock”.

He's gotta do it for a few more years, but I agree. BTW, so does Law. Ty is one of Gilmores biggest fans.
I agree. He has to do it a bit longer, but he definitely has a chance.

He's gotta do it for a few more years, but I agree. BTW, so does Law. Ty is one of Gilmores biggest fans.

I wish I never made the prior comment because Law was money with the Pats and help with 3 rings. Love the both.

Law was great but he took more risks than Gilmore. Gilmore is inhuman and the closest thing I've ever seen to 2009 Revis which I thought was a performance that would never be equaled.

I wish I never made the prior comment because Law was money with the Pats and help with 3 rings. Love the both.
Why? you comment stands. Gilly has been playing as good as Law ever did if not better right now. Not saying his career is better but right now - better

Last edited:
It’s like Gilmore’s universe. Don’t even step into his stratosphere

Remember when Belichick forked over a huge contract to this guy, and we all got pissed when he was getting acclimated to the defense?

Lmao. He's awesome to watch.

Remember when Belichick forked over a huge contract to this guy, and we all got pissed when he was getting acclimated to the defense?

Lmao. He's awesome to watch.

That's why I'm a fan of the wait and see approach.

It also makes me a boring poster unless I find ways to sneak jokes into my posts...

Gilmore

43.8% Comp pct
0 TDs
4 INTs
35.1 passer rating

2009 Revis

36.9% Comp pct
2 TDs
6 INTs
32.3 passer rating

No #1 CB is close the last few years
He's human FlexSeal.