PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s my favorite corner now even though I used to hate him and spew happy Gilmore quotes.

Hate the term island because it is named after Revis. Wish someone would come up with a better one.

I’d say Gilmore coverage wise is having one of the best seasons ever. Right up there with Revis.

Don’t think Revis or Gilmore will/would ever be able to prove the physicality part like Law did. Could compare them both to Dion Sanders style, although Sanders could be physical when he needed to be, just didn’t like to stop the run and thats something Gilmore does well.

Been watching football since the early 80’s and I’d consider Gilmore’s season so far as one of the best I’ve ever seen. Add in the fact that he has a short leash on what he can do physically with todays rules and it really is something special , thus why we are having this conversation with him in the same breath as Revis. Agree with most, he has to do it longer though.

He has turned himself into an incredible player. A rare true lockdown CB

Stick him on Tyreek in week 14

Last edited:
I do like the nickname I just read on sports hub. “The Gilmore effect”

Phenomenal player. I love Ty Law but he could get away with more when he played. Gilly is simply the better corner. Enjoy his play while you can.

That's why I'm a fan of the wait and see approach.

It also makes me a boring poster unless I find ways to sneak jokes into my posts...
Completely wrong way to do it. You have to take a position as soon as they’re signed, and it has to be in the extreme. Either he sucks and has no talent, or he will be a first ballet HOFer.

Then no matter how it turns out, dig in your heals on your original position.

Hate the term island because it is named after Revis. Wish someone would come up with a better one.

I’d say Gilmore coverage wise is having one of the best seasons ever. Right up there with Revis.

Don’t think Revis or Gilmore will/would ever be able to prove the physicality part like Law did. Could compare them both to Dion Sanders style, although Sanders could be physical when he needed to be, just didn’t like to stop the run and thats something Gilmore does well.

Been watching football since the early 80’s and I’d consider Gilmore’s season so far as one of the best I’ve ever seen. Add in the fact that he has a short leash on what he can do physically with todays rules and it really is something special , thus why we are having this conversation with him in the same breath as Revis. Agree with most, he has to do it longer though.
I know that Jet stench is hard to get over but the island helped us get a ring and thus I don't hate. And I think Gilly Lock is a good enough nickname in it own right too.

Pass rushers disrupt some plays. Gilmore disrupts every play with his presence. Gilmore is the most valuable defender in the NFL. The same was true of Revis and Sherman or Thomas. The DPOY award is a joke since Revis never won it. There are like fifteen guys in the league who are “sack kings” at any given time, yet only two guys in the Polian Rules NFL have been able to diffuse entire offenses. And both wore #24 for the Patriots. Hence, there’s a reason why Belichick hardly gives a thought to paying big money for an edge rusher but sets the market for a true shutdown cornerback.

I just found out Gilmore doesn’t even lead the league in Pro Bowl votes. All I know is Richard Sherman is second. The number one vote getter is............Marcus Peters?

Who the hell is voting?

I just found out Gilmore doesn’t even lead the league in Pro Bowl votes. All I know is Richard Sherman is second. The number one vote getter is............Marcus Peters?

Who the hell is voting?

Haters are voting.

Love it!

Who the hell is voting?
Morons who know nothing about football

:eek:

DPOY if the season ended right now.

Best in the game since Revis a decade ago right now. With all due respect to Sherman.

Gilmore is awesome.

Law was great but he took more risks than Gilmore. Gilmore is inhuman and the closest thing I've ever seen to 2009 Revis which I thought was a performance that would never be equaled.

I give Law the nod if not only because he invented the Manning face.

Indianpolis-Colts-Peyton-Manning-New-England-Patriots-Win-AFC-Championship-2004-Snow.jpg peytonoriginal-1.jpg ty-law-011804.jpg

I love Gilmore. I think if you put a gun to my head and made me choose I'd have to take "Revis Island" over "Gilmore Island" but he is making a very strong case for himself.

I love Gilmore. I think if you put a gun to my head and made me choose I'd have to take "Revis Island" over "Gilmore Island" but he is making a very strong case for himself.

Really close call.

One thing that should be considered is Gilmore is also a really good tackler. His ability to swipe at the ball is almost superhuman. He stripped CJ Anderson in the fourth quarter of SB53 and it would have been the play of the year had the ball not bounced oob. Yesterday there was one play where a Dallas RB (don’t remember which one) had an outside run for about 8 yards; Gilmore was trailing him by several yards and chased him down with incredible athleticism, almost punching the ball out. He is such a playmaker in every sense of the word...on another play he peeled off his assignment to deflect and almost intercept a ball in the end zone, changing direction in doing so. Without question I would choose Gilmore over any other defender in the NFL, including Donald. He’s that good.

Gilmore is a more gifted athlete than Revis...not that is matters much with the results. Both corners play/ed the game at such elite levels in the passing era it’s almost hard to fathom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back