PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette stadium dubbed top 5 dirtiest venue in North American sports

to be honest, i made my first trips to gillette this summer, first patriots game since a 400 game vs the jimmy johnson led dolphins many decembers ago

i was underwhelmed......my daughter has been volunteering there to help pay for her softball teams florida trip......and with the stories she's told, not sure i'd be eating or drinking there much any more lol

...and even worse, a Pink Hat crowd, where people bring their ****ING INFANT children to games so that maybe they'll be on the Jumbotron during commercial breaks showing them bounce their objects (which is how those people view their kids) to the beat of the music, and if that happens then wouldn't it be cool to take a selfie showing the Jumbotron showing them taking the selfie...

**** the ****ing Pink Hats; those ****ing non-masculine, non-Patriots (or of football period) fans are ****ing RUINING Professional Football, because Chicks dig the Long Ball don'tcha know... I'd piss on them there if I could get away with it... Unless they're on fire; then I wouldn't.

Long Live Schaeffer Stadium!
When you mentioned the Gillette Jumbotron I remembered a story that made me spit out my coffee. A true story, A once married friend of mine I grew up with decided to “step out” with his girlfriend. So, he took her to Gillette for a Sunday televised game a few years ago. He was up in the upper section and towards end of the game the crowd thinned out. Well, he took the opportunity to do a little kissy-face. Well, wouldn’t you know it, the Jumbotron focused on that section as they returned from a commercial and he was caught red handed. Obviously a lot of us saw it, including some of the wives and the phone lines were burning up. I believe that Sunday night was a little awkward at his house.

Not entirely sure i can take this seriously with the washington football club not ranked #1

there are literal sewer pipes just dumping piss and **** on people.

Long Live Schaeffer Stadium!
cold ass aluminum benches... not enough toilets... not enough beer stands... not enough food stands... rivers of piss flowing freely down the hill from behind the eastern concourse... the stank of hundreds of porta-potties... no thanks...

and, saying this as someone who drove the rowdy road in foxboro for decade - fighting, drinking, pissing in the stands, getting ejected - great memories, but glad its gone

I can easily think of 10 venues right off the top of my head that are dirtier than Gillette. Granted, it’s been 3 years since I’ve been to a game up there, but I can’t imagine much has changed.

I can easily think of 10 venues right off the top of my head that are dirtier than Gillette. Granted, it’s been 3 years since I’ve been to a game up there, but I can’t imagine much has changed.
When Brady was here our sh*t didn't stink. He's gone, so now it does.

to be honest, i made my first trips to gillette this summer, first patriots game since a 400 game vs the jimmy johnson led dolphins many decembers ago

i was underwhelmed......my daughter has been volunteering there to help pay for her softball teams florida trip......and with the stories she's told, not sure i'd be eating or drinking there much any more lol

The only time I've been to Gillette was 3 years ago for my 60th birthday vs Dallas... They won of course; but what a miserable, miserable day that was: rained All Game Long and all pre-game too, cold-ish, windy... Didn't do any walking around to check out the rest of the stadium either... Who knows, maybe I'll see another one there in two years...

When you mentioned the Gillette Jumbotron I remembered a story that made me spit out my coffee. A true story, A once married friend of mine I grew up with decided to “step out” with his girlfriend. So, he took her to Gillette for a Sunday televised game a few years ago. He was up in the upper section and towards end of the game the crowd thinned out. Well, he took the opportunity to do a little kissy-face. Well, wouldn’t you know it, the Jumbotron focused on that section as they returned from a commercial and he was caught red handed. Obviously a lot of us saw it, including some of the wives and the phone lines were burning up. I believe that Sunday night was a little awkward at his house.

So your friend was married at the time but brought another woman to the game?!? That's bold...

Not entirely sure i can take this seriously with the washington football club not ranked #1

there are literal sewer pipes just dumping piss and **** on people.

I was there, also 3 years ago, for the Pats game... Didn't notice anything like that, but I wasn't really looking either; thought it was kinda cool in a way to see all the Pats fans there, I mean like 2-1 Pats fans...

How long did they keep the old stadium next door to the new one? I seem to remember them being side by side for a few years....

Now all they need is to build the Revs a real stadium :) Not a huge soccer fan but I do think the Krafts have neglected those fans a bit.

How long did they keep the old stadium next door to the new one? I seem to remember them being side by side for a few years....

Now all they need is to build the Revs a real stadium :) Not a huge soccer fan but I do think the Krafts have neglected those fans a bit.

I believe the old place was torn-down very shortly afterwards, for additional parking...?

Yeah the soccer team probably needs something closer to a 30K-seat place; and, depending on the demographics, maybe move it closer to Boston also?

You mean Foxboro stadium? They tore that down before the start of the 2002 season when Gillette opened... They really only stood together during construction

You mean Foxboro stadium? They tore that down before the start of the 2002 season when Gillette opened... They really only stood together during construction
Yes, Foxboro! Alright makes sense. I remember driving by and seeing them side by side and realizing how bad that old stadium was compared to new one .

cold ass aluminum benches... not enough toilets... not enough beer stands... not enough food stands... rivers of piss flowing freely down the hill from behind the eastern concourse... the stank of hundreds of porta-potties... no thanks...

and, saying this as someone who drove the rowdy road in foxboro for decade - fighting, drinking, pissing in the stands, getting ejected - great memories, but glad its gone
I still have polaroids from sitting on the aluminum benches at Foxboro Stadium in December. I still remember some idiot with no shirt and Oil Can Fryer written on his chest, LOL.

I still have polaroids from sitting on the aluminum benches at Foxboro Stadium in December. I still remember some idiot with no shirt and Oil Can Fryer written on his chest, LOL.
our seats were in the south endzone... got booted because we decided to hold up playboy centerfolds to distract opposing fg kickers lol... apparently the female form was not appreciated in the mid 90's...

I went to a game with my dad at Schaefer in the late 70’s. My dad who had a bad knee, gave me money and told me to go grab a couple Beers

At only 18, I had no problem getting served.

I remember the game on Sept 1, 1979 opening night vs the super bowl champ Steelers.

The gates opened on Labor Day at noon & at that time, the Monday night games started at 9pm.

The parking lot had multiple fights with Steelers fans. Two guys in my section got into a fight during the game & they were rolling down the benches row, after row, as the people in those seats kicked them as they passed.

An hour later, they gave an encore performance & people kicked harder this time.

I use to Joke that Schaefer had the same rules as the NHL at the time…..
3 fights & your out.

Things changed over the years & ID was mandatory when I had my last beer in the mid 90’s.

I used to always go to games at Foxboro late in the year when the tickets were dirt cheap. I can still remember the game against the Bengals where the Pats clinched a playoff birth and the crowd carrying the goal posts through the parking lot. Tragically people were severely injured and we were stuck for 3+ hours trying to get out of the lot. Things are very sanitary at Gillette.

Fans Electrocuted

Well, you guys live up there, any plan to update the stadium? The Titans are already getting an entirely new stadium and complex down here.

just glad the Davidson county folks are paying for it…not the rest of us

Well, you guys live up there, any plan to update the stadium? The Titans are already getting an entirely new stadium and complex down here.

just glad the Davidson county folks are paying for it…not the rest of us

The Stadium is now going through major upgrades. I believe they are investing 200+ million in upgrades that includes a huge video screen in the North Endzone & they are adding a new lighthouse among other things.

I love Gillette

Fenway should have been on the list.
They have put lipstick on the pig, but the
Right field seats still face the outfield, and if it rains, avoid the first base area underneath the stands, because it floods enough to use a kayak

I still have polaroids from sitting on the aluminum benches at Foxboro Stadium in December. I still remember some idiot with no shirt and Oil Can Fryar written on his chest, LOL.

our seats were in the south endzone... got booted because we decided to hold up playboy centerfolds to distract opposing fg kickers lol... apparently the female form was not appreciated in the mid 90's...

Oil Can Fryar... Centerfold posters... I love it!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back