PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette stadium dubbed top 5 dirtiest venue in North American sports

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
As a long time season ticket holder, I was shocked by this.

How is Gillette on the list & not Fenway?
You could kayak inside Fenway between home place an first base when it rains.

I guess I am still happy with Gillette after 20+ at Schaefer / Sullivan / Foxboro
I still have my folding seat from the bench

oh noes.... a website I never heard of using questionable methodology ranked something I like pretty low...... guess I'll turn in my tickets....

I can't take a list terribly seriously when they also made a list which called Tampa Bay the #9 baseball city in America....

Interesting... That has never been my experience in the stadium... I always thought it to be well kept and clean... By comparison I have been to the meadowlands 3 or 4 times, Washington, Jacksonville, soldier field, Houston, the super dome, Notre Dame, west point, Princeton, and a few others... Outside of Houston, Gillette was top of that heap...

I realize that is a small percent, but unless things have gone down hill (2019 was the last time I went to a game in Gillette) rapidly I can't believe this list...

But regardless it's a billion times better than Foxboro stadium, so meh...

Edit - the methodology behind these rankings are not exactly what I would call scientific... Just some gas lighting clickbait

Last edited:
Gillette is a much better place than the old stadium, where I had a horrible experience in the late 70's with my new wife and cousins. The rowdy fans have been just about eliminated.

As a long time season ticket holder, I was shocked by this.

How is Gillette on the list & not Fenway?
You could kayak inside Fenway between home place an first base when it rains.

I guess I am still happy with Gillette after 20+ at Schaefer / Sullivan / Foxboro
I still have my folding seat from the bench

What nonsense. They call it a "study" then reveal it's as reviewed by fans. Reported to who? On top of that they say the Jete play in Tampa and the Buccaneers play in Detroit. So according to this phony "study," 2.8 percent of the alleged reviewers called Gillette unclean. How tragic.

Gillette is a much better place than the old stadium, where I had a horrible experience in the late 70's wi th my new wife and cousins. The rowdy fans have been just about eliminated.
I'm sorry and I want to apologize...had a little too much to drink and mistook your foot for a urinal...o_O

Filthadelphia no surprise.

If people saw what the kitchens look like of the restaurants that they frequent, they would never eat out again. Rats, mice, roaches, bugs, greasy overall disgusting dirty conditions.

I'm sorry and I want to apologize...had a little too much to drink and mistook your foot for a urinal...o_O
No problem. Who hasn't had their foot mistaken for a urinal? :)

In the old days the drunks ruled. Not anymore.

So Gillette is so dirty that it ranks in all the top five spots of dirtiest venues?

Filthadelphia no surprise.

If people saw what the kitchens look like of the restaurants that they frequent, they would never eat out again. Rats, mice, roaches, bugs, greasy overall disgusting dirty conditions.
Restaurant cleanliness is way over-rated. I go to a diner that's been around since the 1920's and I hardly ever get sick from the food.
And I go there all the time. :)

Good. Give me a rowdy dirty stadium any day over a clean/sterile one... Let us roll around the filth :)

Too bad the crowd is about as sterile and boring as it comes now as well. Probably not the folks on this board, but boy has it become a "corporate" crowd.

This is not a study. It isn't even a good survey. It is clickbait. And guess what happened at Patsfans.com?!

This is not a study. It isn't even a good survey. It is clickbait. And guess what happened at Patsfans.com?!
Hooked-a-Big-One-Optical-Illusion.jpg

Good. Give me a rowdy dirty stadium any day over a clean/sterile one... Let us roll around the filth :)

Too bad the crowd is about as sterile and boring as it comes now as well. Probably not the folks on this board, but boy has it become a "corporate" crowd.

...and even worse, a Pink Hat crowd, where people bring their ****ING INFANT children to games so that maybe they'll be on the Jumbotron during commercial breaks showing them bounce their objects (which is how those people view their kids) to the beat of the music, and if that happens then wouldn't it be cool to take a selfie showing the Jumbotron showing them taking the selfie...

**** the ****ing Pink Hats; those ****ing non-masculine, non-Patriots (or of football period) fans are ****ing RUINING Professional Football, because Chicks dig the Long Ball don'tcha know... I'd piss on them there if I could get away with it... Unless they're on fire; then I wouldn't.

Long Live Schaeffer Stadium!

I dislike the new stadium and the fecks from KC who designed it. "Dirty" is not a word I would use to describe it however.

When does the media stop taking shots at Boston teams? Is this still the Brady "hangover"? He is not part of the Organisation any longer!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back