PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Patriots Players are Miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not liking that this team drama is occurring with the Patriots. When this happens with other clubs I always thought “thank god I’m a Patriots fan”. Times are a changing.

In his 43rd year of NFL coaching, suddenly, Bill Belichick changes his MO to annoy his best players. Believe it... playa.

Much more likely he hasn't changed anything at all, but the players (for whatever reason) have had enough of it. I know it's fashionable to bash the Wickersham piece (which, sadly, is looking better and better by the day), but at this point I'd be surprised if he was wrong in the part where he says Brady has gotten tired of the "Johnny Foxborough could have made a better read" stuff that Belichick does. It's been 18 years for Brady -- people change in how they react to things. People get tired of the same stuff after a while. It's true in your life and true in everyone else's. Why shouldn't it be true in Brady's or Gronk's?

Much more likely he hasn't changed anything at all, but the players (for whatever reason) have had enough of it. I know it's fashionable to bash the Wickersham piece (which, sadly, is looking better and better by the day), but at this point I'd be surprised if he was wrong in the part where he says Brady has gotten tired of the "Johnny Foxborough could have made a better read" stuff that Belichick does. It's been 18 years for Brady -- people change in how they react to things. People get tired of the same stuff after a while. It's true in your life and true in everyone else's. Why shouldn't it be true in Brady's or Gronk's?

I think in Brady’s case you’ve put nearly two decades in, you are a living legend in the league, you are now older and your children are growing so the sacrifice is more personal and impacts more people, and you just went through a very trying deflategate trial where you are defending your reputation. Then you’re putting up with the same old Johnny Foxborough stuff, having your trainer have his access limited and it gets old. Add a Super Bowl loss with a questionable handling of a defensive player and things pile up. And when you don’t get buy in from the star players it trickles down.

I wanted the Wickersham piece to be BS, but everything since has supported his take.

I wish Brady had retired after his triumphant win over the Falcons instead of seemingly becoming a whiny b!tch. He could have done the family thing and JG could have replaced him. Instead the Patriots have no future QB and Brady seems like he's finding a way to make what could have been a great ending into a bad one.

“I’m not feeling appreciated”....IF true, give me a break.
it's nauseating. poor poor Brady and Gronk having to suffer thru long playoff runs every year. both have turned into massive primadonnas. man, I wish they kept Jimmy g.

I wish Brady had retired after his triumphant win over the Falcons instead of seemingly becoming a whiny b!tch. He could have done the family thing and JG could have replaced him. Instead the Patriots have no future QB and Brady seems like he's finding a way to make what could have been a great ending into a bad one.
you nailed it.

I'll see what I can do. The workouts I put the players through are very intense so I will cut back a little bit.

Maybe you wouldn't have to back off if you showed a little appreciation now and then. :D

i-just-want-to-let-you-know-youre-appreciated.jpg
TuPac has a song too...

Check Belichick’s record without Brady, then get back to me. Belichick gets away with a lot of because he has someone as good as Brady running the offense.

I'll see what I can do. The workouts I put the players through are very intense so I will cut back a little bit.

Don’t do it Sammy. If they can’t take the heat, they’ll never develop cat like quickness

Personally, I'm thrilled with the Giardi narrative. I hope it adds fuel to the fire that the Pats are doomed. I'm all in on regaining our underdog mentality.

Yes, it's true that the Pats lost 4 starters from this year's Superbowl team. But they didn't leave a sinking ship with a divided locker room. Make no mistake, they ALL left for the money (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I read where Solder's deal was the highest deal ever given to an offensive lineman. Imagine the tumult there would have been here if the Pats had signed him to that kind of a contract? People would have thought BB had lost his mind.

DA- $6MM/yr for a guy who when everyone is healthy, is your 4th or 5th WR option? Great for DA, but c'mon. See above for what would have happened if DA was signed for this kind of money here

Dion? Loved that he got his payday. But given that he'd be in a rotation here that would limit his snaps, how can you play a RB in this system that kind of money? (though it should be said, if I were GM, I might have given Dion a contract close to that and let James White's contract go). The fact remains that last year was the FIRST that Lewis made it through a full 16 game season. Bit injury risk for any team he signs with. Sad to see him go. Glad he got paid, but it would have been hard to keep him AND White given their contracts.

Malcolm - another guy who I'm thrilled got paid, but the fact was that Malcolm wasn't worth the $4MM he got paid last season, let alone the $12MM he got in Tenn. Now he could bounce back and be the CB we saw in 2015 and 16, but I doubt many people would have been happy with the Pats paying him that much.

Bottom Line - the $20 odd million the Pats have in cap space couldn't have paid any of these guys the kind of money they ended up getting and still be solvent for the rest of the year. Solder was the only guy I thought worth going after, but they made him a decent offer ($12MM/reportedly) and the Giants blew them out of the water at over $15/MM. No shame in that.

And as for Gronk and Brady being pissed. If they are shame on them. Without having to do it, the Pats paid Gronk Millions more than they had to just because it was the right thing to do. Why would he possibly be pissed at the Pats?

Same for Brady. I read last year that since 2010 or 11, no QB in the league actually has put more money in the bank than Tom Brady....until last season when Aaron Rodgers passed him. It's one of the great myths in the NFL that Brady keeps playing for less. People forget that Brady wisely (for both sides) structured his deals that he gets a HUGE signing bonus up front, so his back end years shrink instead of exploding out of control. Tom Brady has been well paid by the Pats.

The whole thing is nothing more than the mediots desperately hoping that this will FINALLY be the end of the Pats success, so they won't have to write nice things about the local team. There is nothing better for the mediots than to tear down what they THINK they have built up, and there are 31 other cities' mediots that would love to tear this franchise down, but they'd be hard-pressed to be more voracious than most of local guys. They LOVE to eat their own. ;)

Yeah, we're all miserable too. It's not called the "off" season for nothing. Draft day can't arrive soon enough!

Its hard to play for the Pats because BB asks a lot of his players, he's said this many times, if they end up with a super bowl life's great, if they lose, life sucks, not surprised to hear this after a tough loss. If they win a super bowl next year it will be sunshine and roses again.

Yeah, we're all miserable too. It's not called the "off" season for nothing. Draft day can't arrive soon enough!
Yup..and a NEW round of bitter disappointment will rear its' ugly head here again....like swallows returning to Capistrano...:cool:

If Brady retires after 2018, I might agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe