PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giant Shaun O'Hara admits to choking Seymour in "helmet catch" SB LXII...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that you're missing the importance of the second portion of your sentence. Because of that, your post is ridiculous.
I've personally never blamed them for not calling in the grasp and blowing that play dead. But the holding on that play was egregious and THAT'S what should have been flagged. The entire OL was holding on that play.

I've personally never blamed them for not calling in the grasp and blowing that play dead. But the holding on that play was egregious and THAT'S what should have been flagged. The entire OL was holding on that play.

Holding should have been called.
In the grasp should have been called.

Both/either should have been called. Both were obvious calls blown by the officials. Either way, a call there probably means 19-0 for the Patriots.

Shaun O'Hara admitted to grabbing Seymour by the trachea during the scramble by Eli that led to the "helmet catch" during Superbowl LXII.. interesting admission, if the refs caught that penalty we would have been 19-0 and raising the 6th banner..

Put an asterisk * next to that win by the Giants..

Giants Shaun O’Hara confirms he choked Richard Seymour on Eli Manning’s Super Bowl scramble
Something else might have happened. Who knows maybe Eli does a similar thing on the next play

The greatest, most scoring-ness offense to date only put up 14 points.

I recall going temporarily insane yelling some variation of the word "hold" when this play occurred. Pretty bogus situation, as obvious as it was.

Would've been nice to see guys like Seau, Welker, Moss, and Mankins win a ring - the players got robbed hardest.

With God, all things are possible. With statistics, some things are very improbable.
Pats coming back from 28-3 was pretty statistically improbable. But I agree its unlikely, I just don't like to fall in the causation trap.

Pats coming back from 25-3 was pretty statistically improbable. But I agree its unlikely, I just don't like to fall in the causation trap.

It's not a trap. There's a clear (proximate) causal link. You're looking for "cause in fact" (if A then B), when that basically only exists in sports on a last play (or nearly last play) situation.

There's nothing wrong with your take, and it's the approach the winners' side frequently takes when arguing these games with those who's side lost. it does, however, make discussion meaningless, and often defies common sense (not that it does in this case).

Last edited:
I'm sorry but mike carey was a horrible ref that game.

The holding on that play was worse than the holding on Chris Long that pushed the Falcons out of FG range in SB 51. The fact that it wasn't called is a disgrace. Eli had 2 arms on him, one by Seymour and one by Green. If their other arms aren't being held, Manning gets sacked. Pretty obvious.

But it wasn't meant to be, football gods were against us. I counted THREE dropped interceptions by the Pat's defense on the Giants game winning drive. Wasn't meant to be.

Giants have a pretty dangerous team this year, maybe the football gods would give the Pats a 3rd chance to face the Giants in the SB, and maybe the 3rd time will be the charm.

let it go, let it go....

For all the no calls that other fans complain about for the Pats "tuck rule" etc, they sure dont remember a lot of the noncall bad calls.

76 semifinals
Faceguarding endzone 06
Ohara wwf camelclutch 07
Talib hold of Gronk on 2 pt conv 15

Lot of what if's but 5 championships is pretty freaking cool.

Eff this thread. I hate it! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back