PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get your popcorn ready

I believe Bill wanted to keep Cam, either as a starter or backup. Kraft stepped in and told him, "I didn’t spend $150M to see Cam again this season, play the kid."

I just hope it doesn't turn out like when Kraft told Bill to dump AB.
So you have a secret tunnel into krafts and belichicks minds?

Wrong!

It was the same 31 teams both years.

But yeah I agree.
THE 31 other teams. Yes they are the same ones of course, since there are only 31 other teams. Unless you count the CFL. Maybe can will end up there.

I do think it's bad form by Ninkovich. Cam is gone. The dude isn't here anymore. Throwing out trash media as a player leaves was the same bush league crap the toxic Red Sox and Red Sox media used to pull all the time 20 years ago. Skip's comments here are spot on. Even more so than Ninkovich, who was the POS in the Pats, the apparent phantom source if one even existed, saying this stuff? Again individuals like that are garbage, it's not emblematic of a championship organization to do stuff like this.

Agreed.

And listen I respect Cam as a football player even thought he sucks as a person.

No wait, I respect Cam the person but disrespect the football player. Wait they're the same guy--just **** it never mind.

Point is, even if Cam were the biggest piece of **** in the world, which he's not, and I like black people, it is petty and pathetic to say stuff like that. Even if it's true

I believe Bill wanted to keep Cam, either as a starter or backup. Kraft stepped in and told him, "I didn’t spend $150M to see Cam again this season, play the kid."

I just hope it doesn't turn out like when Kraft told Bill to dump AB.

I definitely think aside from BB there were those internally who steered it a certain direction and a certain outcome. Kraft was probably hands off here. Giving Mac a ton of reps, never using Cam in any 2-minute or no-huddle snaps (and then blaming it on Cam as if he can't do it at all). Whatever. It's done. The dissing of Cam as he leaves is toxic bush league crap that smells like Denver'10 and St Louis'11 loser behavior.

Having said all this I do think the Pats got the best QB of the draft and Mac is so good he's going to cover a lot of people's coaching careers for the next decade because the kid is going to work hard until he succeeds.

And also SO GLAD the Pats still got the best QB without blowing 5 1st round picks.

He moved on from Brady with no real plan. What I would have done is focus on the backup QB role earlier.

It was time to move on from Brady. I agree with you on that but there must have been a better method to do so.
Probably but clearly the focus was on the now while brady was still here.
I wouldn’t trade the success of that approach for an earlier look to the future and a one year sooner solution.

Please. Stop. We spent $150 mil in guaranteed money. Our entire QB room this year is costing us $8 mil and that includes the 3.5 mil we just wasted on Cam who is not even our back up at this point. Paying for a decent QB to back up Mac while he is on his rookie deal is just smart football. Instead we have Brian freaking Hoyer.
But we are out of cap room with only a cushion to spare. What player(s) would you have not signed in order to spend their money on a backup qb?

You guys are killing me. Bill isn't about to bring in a vet QB who could possibly threaten Mac and divide the locker room when he has just handed the keys to the car to the kid. It's Mac's team from here. Hoyer is here as a clip board holder, and a de-facto QB coach for the kid. Ride or Die with Mac Jones, plain and simple. There's no Minishew or Bridgewater or goddam Michael eff'ing Bishop for everyone to pin their hopes on the first time Jones throws 5 INTs in a game.

Brady's back up in 2002: The great Rohan Davey.

So you have a secret tunnel into krafts and belichicks minds?
Lmao, you can't be so dumb not to know the difference between a "belief" and "knowing." I guess you are.

Cam was good for the bridge year and the future, after seeing Cam we're going to appreciate Mac much more. I think BB played it perfectly.

RW- that means you care a lot.
"I could care less" means you dont care.
You probably could care less about my correction.
Or maybe you couldnt care less.
Glad I could clear that up.
That's precisely, 180 degrees WRONG.

Think of it this way, the amount I could possibly care goes from zero (I don't care at all) to infinity (I care as much as possible).

If I could care less, that means that the amount that I care is above zero.
If I couldn't care less, that means that the amount that I care is exactly zero, as low as it can go.

I couldn't care less = I don't give a damn.
I could care less = I do give some damn.

:)

But we are out of cap room with only a cushion to spare. What player(s) would you have not signed in order to spend their money on a backup qb?
Are you kidding? Qb is the most important position on the team. I would have traded in Hunter Henry's contract in a second for a better Qb.

Are you kidding? Qb is the most important position on the team. I would have traded in Hunter Henry's contract in a second for a better Qb.
You would give up a top TE for a backup QB? Really? Who?

Lmao, you can't be so dumb not to know the difference between a "belief" and "knowing." I guess you are.
They are the same thing, unless you are so ignorant to take know literally and really think I was saying he told me.

You would give up a top TE for a backup QB? Really? Who?
I already said. I guarantee Hunter does not play close to 17 games for us. I would trade his contract in for a Qb any day of the week.

I already said. I guarantee Hunter does not play close to 17 games for us. I would trade his contract in for a Qb any day of the week.
You aren't going to get a game-changing QB at HH's contract value

That's precisely, 180 degrees WRONG.

Think of it this way, the amount I could possibly care goes from zero (I don't care at all) to infinity (I care as much as possible).

If I could care less, that means that the amount that I care is above zero.
If I couldn't care less, that means that the amount that I care is exactly zero, as low as it can go.

I couldn't care less = I don't give a damn.
I could care less = I do give some damn.

:)
D664245A-581F-4693-9F8B-FA1368D81AA4.jpeg

his missed 9 games in last 4 years, 2 last year

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back