PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Get the Lions off Turkey day please

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Another boring game with them on. The league need to rotate this and get some better matchup's for us fans.
Its not a Law that these sorry Lions have to be on every year.
gee They have been so bad for so long, its depressing.
YeahI know; Detroit needs the money.

They're the ones who started the tradition of playing in Thanksgiving in the first place! Give em a break!

Heard Chris Mortensen on ESPN Radio this week and he said the NFL is seriously going to look into moving Detroit off Thanksgiving for a while. Kind of like, once you get your sh*t together, we'll let you back on!

Better them than us, Thursday games blow for the teams.

They'll keep it competitive well in to the 1st quarter today.

They added the 3rd night game that will rotate correct? But I would be for spreading the wealth around the league. Why should Dallas and Detroit have the games every year?

Heard Chris Mortensen on ESPN Radio this week and he said the NFL is seriously going to look into moving Detroit off Thanksgiving for a while. Kind of like, once you get your sh*t together, we'll let you back on!
Exactly. You don't to play on Sunday night if you suck year after year.

I agree.

Turkey Day (and having games on other than Sunday afternoon) is a gift from the Detroit Lions. We now have THREE game on Thanksgiving. If you must, ignore the Lions and watch the two other games.

It is Dallas that shouldn't get an automatic berth. Like Monday and Sunday nights, the five non-Lion spots should be based on projected audience appeal.

They're the ones who started the tradition of playing in Thanksgiving in the first place! Give em a break!

I'm with the "get rid of the Lions" club. They almost always suck - although they do play above their level on Thanksgiving a lot. Enough, get rid of them.

I'm watching this game and my GOD, I didn't realize exactly how wretched the Lions are capable of being. Don't get them off turkey day, get them out of the league.

Lions on Thanksgiving (This Decade)

2000: vs Patriots [W] (34-9)
2001: vs Packers [L] (29-27)
2002: vs Patriots [L] (20-12)
2003: vs Packers [W] (22-14)
2004: vs Colts [L] (41-9)
2005: vs Falcons [L] (27-7)
2006: vs Dolphins [L] (27-10)
2007: vs Packers [L] (37-26)

This Decade: 2-7

However, also since 2000, the Cowboys are only 4-5 on Thanksgiving.

They may actually go 0-16.

Keep it like it is...Thanksgiving games need not be the best one...Detroit and Dallas have had them for years..the 3rd one is the one that they can rotate. I don't mind having a game that I can watch a bit that is a blow out...the games get better as teh day goes on Dallas/Seat...Ariz/Phila...

Keep it like it is...Thanksgiving games need not be the best one...Detroit and Dallas have had them for years..the 3rd one is the one that they can rotate. I don't mind having a game that I can watch a bit that is a blow out...the games get better as teh day goes on Dallas/Seat...Ariz/Phila...

Except that Philly will likely also get blown out if they play the way they did last week.

That was a good game today...........right?

The NFL doesn't owe the Lions anything. They owe the fans a good game.

Personally I would rather the Patriots NOT play on Thanksgiving. The TV is order off in my family when we eat, and eating is not scheduled around football.

Personally I would rather the Patriots NOT play on Thanksgiving. The TV is order off in my family when we eat, and eating is not scheduled around football.

Same here.

Yeah I prefer the Patriots not playing on Thanksgiving, way too much other stuff going on.

I'd like to see a rematch of the Conference Championships.

Lions on Thanksgiving (This Decade)

2001: vs Packers [L] (29-27)
2002: vs Patriots [L] (20-12)
2003: vs Packers [W] (22-14)
2004: vs Colts [L] (41-9)
2005: vs Falcons [L] (27-7)
2006: vs Dolphins [L] (27-10)
2007: vs Packers [L] (37-26)

This Decade: 2-7

However, also since 2000, the Cowboys are only 4-5 on Thanksgiving.

No wonder BB jumped at the chance to rid himself of over rated Drew Bledsoe, coach killer.

No Pats on T Day please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back