PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts: The feasted on Ratbirds edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where ya been @Rob, this writing comments after the game isn't a casual thing. People are countng on you, and even when its late, and the game sucked, and you don't think you have anything interesting or insightful to say, you STILL have to sit down behind your keyboard and bound out 10.000 words for the good of the board (and to take some pressure off of me. ;) )

There are 3 insights you make that need repeating.

1. This game was actually a complete beat down of the Ravens. The 3 early Christmas Gifts no withstanding, this wouldn't have been much of a game at all, and when the Ravens staff and players look at it today, they will have to come to the same conclusion. The Ravens were in this game ONLY because the Pats allowed it.

2. This is the second time Brady has seemingly locked into Julian Edeleman to what whould seem to be the the detriment of the of the offense. Unlike like most, I saw good coverage being the cause of at least a few of the so call drops. So I'm less worried about the "hands' issue. But I am worried about the fixation issue. On the replays I purposely looked for other receivers that might have been open when we went to a usually well covered Edelman. On at least 3 occasions there was an open RB he could have dumped it off to for a 6+ yd gain,

The there was the beautiful pass we saw to Bennett, even when he was well covered. I loved the fact he trusted his receiver to make a play in a tight window. And then could help but worder why he does it SO rarely. He's had success with it in the past this year in throws to Mitchell and Hogan. The back shoulder fade was worded more times than not, and that fly stop that worked so well for Flacco and Smith, would seem like a perfect route for Mitchell and Hogan.

But yet these routes are rarities with NE, while they've become SOP in so many other offenses, and I have to wronder why/ Hard to complain about the success of the job they did against the best statistical offense in the league, but.........????. I meam all of this is moot with a healthy Gronk and Bennett. But Gronk is gone and Bennett is gutting it though multiple injuries, so thes questions need to be discussed.

3. The other thing that needs to be mentioned is how good the defense is despite any flashy statistics and household names. Nothing turns out well for thes guys EXCEPT for the final score. A true no name defense, don't you think?

BTW- this thought just occurred to me out of the blue. Would the Pats have been better if BB had Traded Jaimie Collins to AZ for what turns out to be Tuney and Mitchell, and he winds up to the team this yeaer? Are we better?

a 6View attachment 15123

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back