PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gabriel from Raiders to Pats!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
Gabriel has a career 15.8 yards per catch. Givens has 14.0, Branch 13.8 (regular season, ****y boy has a number closer to Gabriel in the playoffs).
You can call Branch greedy and stuff but come on hes a gamer and you shouldn't call him a p*ssy

I posted today that we had an abundance of 2007 draft picks seeing that we will get 3-4 comp picks. I thought that we would use some of them for a WR, if there was one available.

This is a good pickup. I liked him during that years draft and was surprised that he dropped to the 5th round. I'll have to get my PFW draft guide out and see what they had to say about him.

I don't think that we are through yet. I think we send one or two for another player, maybe an ILB.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Interesting: I believe Asante Samuel is also a fourth year player from Central Florida....

I feel it is now time to officially panic. :eek:

lol, I guess you're in the Asante Sucks group. Well, all I can hope is that both UCF guys pan out this season, regardless of their past success or failures (which are, apparently, debatable)

Now I know this doesn't mean a whole lot, but the preseason stats for Gabriel are not eye-popping.

Game 1: no catches, one punt return for zero yards
Game 2: 2 catches for 19 yardss, one punt return for 4 yards
Game 3: 1 catch for 17 yards, one punt return for -3 yards
Game 4: 1 catch for 15 yards, 2 kick returns for an avg 18.5 yards

Happiest person: Doug Gabriel because his QB is now Tom Brady, not Aaron Brooks/Andrew Walter.

Awesome. I already picked him up in Pyper's league where it autodrafted Greg Jones for me

thks for info PatsRI

it looks a good operation for us

now let's trade Branch (i still hope for a SEA first rounder next year)

Pro football weekly has him rated ahead of
Ashley Lelie,robert Ferguson,Randle El,and our own Caldwell

PATSNUTme said:
I posted today that we had an abundance of 2007 draft picks seeing that we will get 3-4 comp picks. I thought that we would use some of them for a WR, if there was one available.

This is a good pickup. I liked him during that years draft and was surprised that he dropped to the 5th round. I'll have to get my PFW draft guide out and see what they had to say about him.

I don't think that we are through yet. I think we send one or two for another player, maybe an ILB.

Good call, but Jacky Roberts beat yah to that one, calling the same thing at least 24 hours ago, if not longer.

Edit: Now if the ILB trade happens I'll be impressed!

Last edited:
Dude he has dreads too. Him and Maroney are going to look sweet on the field together :)

hobbsownscoles said:
and you shouldn't call him a p*ssy
Maybe I shouldn't . . . but I will. And, besides, it's a great word to get the dollar signs incorporated.

PlattsFan said:
This is a perfect example of why the Raiders suck and the Patriots ... don't. The Raiders spend all their money on a mouthy WR and dump a cheap, talented guy who may not be as good, but would give a good approximation of the production at a FRACTION of the cost. The Patriots do the opposite (except Branch is no Moss either in talent or in general a**hole-ness). Meanwhile, the Pats have money spent on stars at QB and DL, while the Raiders are stuck with talented wide-outs with no one to throw them the ball and a crappy defense.

You are right...as BB said you can' pay them all. Our model says pay the QB, the best DL in the game and spread the rest around to a quality "O" line, "D" line and some classy LB's.

This move really helps cheer me up and to "tuck" it to the Raiders in the process - WOW.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Now I know this doesn't mean a whole lot, but the preseason stats for Gabriel are not eye-popping.

Game 1: no catches, one punt return for zero yards
Game 2: 2 catches for 19 yardss, one punt return for 4 yards
Game 3: 1 catch for 17 yards, one punt return for -3 yards
Game 4: 1 catch for 15 yards, 2 kick returns for an avg 18.5 yards

Ever heard of Aaron Brooks?

Oh, and just to compare

Deion Branch

Game 1: no catches, on couch
Game 2: no catches, out to dinner
Game 3: no catches, Watching the sox game
Game 4: no catches, At Jayson Chayut's hypnotist

Brownfan80 said:
Good call, but Jacky Roberts beat yah to that one, calling the same thing at least 24 hours ago, if not longer.

Edit: Now if the ILB trade happens I'll be impressed!

Hey, it's all good, they can both get cookies!

I am loving this move. It's a Patriot move, a value move.

I hesitate to use the word "desperate", though I can see why some of yu guys are using it! If we were truly desperate, we'd cave to the Twig and his gnome-like agent.

RI Pats Fan said:
Awesome. I already picked him up in Pyper's league where it autodrafted Greg Jones for me
That's creepy...That's the same add/drop I just did.

BradyisGod said:
Game 4: no catches, At Jayson Chayut's hypnotist
Jayson Chayut is a hypnotist since I can't believe Deion Branch is this stupid!

Why are we still without an official link?

jaychamp said:
Dude he has dreads too. Him and Maroney are going to look sweet on the field together :)
"Sweet"? You mean Tight, right? LOL

Gon_Trevil said:
Why are we still without an official link?

I am still curious as to the compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back