PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gabriel from Raiders to Pats!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gon_Trevil said:
Why are we still without an official link?
Same reason there's no official link to the Patriots' cuts that were due almost an hour ago. Patience.

Hell Yeah, that guy has potential. Has had problems staying healthy though. Now the Pats have to sign Charles Rogers and I will feel a lot better.

Gabriel started for the Raiders the last 3 pre-season games but only had 1 catch the last 2 games ,and 2 catchs in their 2nd preseason game. He averaged over 10 yards per catch.

He also had 2 KR's against Detroit for an 18.5 average, a role he may play for the Pat's.

Gon_Trevil said:
Why are we still without an official link?
From who? ESPNnews just mentioned it, Reiss has it, KFFL and PFT have it. Official releases from teams take longer then media reports.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
I am still curious as to the compensation.

The Raiders fans seem to think it has to be a 3rd rounder minimum.

lobster said:
6 PM Reiss said.
Sorry, someone said 4pm earlier, I assumed that was correct.

Now where's that Branch trade ? :)

Brownfan80 said:
lol, I guess you're in the Asante Sucks group. Well, all I can hope is that both UCF guys pan out this season, regardless of their past success or failures (which are, apparently, debatable)
You should know by now, I never say a player sucks, I say they need work or whatever. Besides, Samuel is no Hank Poteat, but he's pretty good.

Time to panic is because BB traded for a solid WR who complements Brown and Childress in his game. He will help create mismatches in the secondary and force teams to single up on Watson and Graham - it must be time to panic, right? :eek:

THEARCHIVES said:
Hell Yeah, that guy has potential. Has had problems staying healthy though. Now the Pats have to sign Charles Rogers and I will feel a lot better.

You say Gabriel has problems staying healthy, but want the Pats to sign Charles "Oh-there-goes-my-collarbone-again" Rogers?

OntarioPatsFan said:
It could also be the same compensation as last year for Andre Davis.

OntarioPatsFan said:

I have made it one of my missions in life not to trust Raiders fans. ;)

Box_O_Rocks said:
You should know by now, I never say a player sucks, I say they need work or whatever. Besides, Samuel is no Hank Poteat, but he's pretty good.

Time to panic is because BB traded for a solid WR who complements Brown and Childress in his game. He will help create mismatches in the secondary and force teams to single up on Watson and Graham - it must be time to panic, right? :eek:

Ah the ever judicious Box_O_Niceness. lol Seriously, how did you handle the Bongos going to New York? I felt for you when I heard that news.

And yes, you're right, where is that PANIC BUTTON?

BelichickFan said:
Same reason there's no official link to the Patriots' cuts that were due almost an hour ago. Patience.

Cuts aren't due until 6 tonight.

Brownfan80 said:
I have made it one of my missions in life not to trust Raiders fans. ;)
Jailbirds do tend to exaggerate.

I like him as a player.

I am very curious as to what we gave up. I'd guess a 3.

If it is more than a 4th we probably overpaid although with our situation at WR I would expect we would have to overpay.

hopefully they didnt swap branch for gabriel...1/100 chance but the no mention of compensation is curious....
as far as gabriel is concerned i sure hope he fits this system...a lot of WR's have had problems learning it.

pats1 said:
Cuts aren't due until 6 tonight.
I was already corrected once, no need to pile on :D :bricks:

lobster said:
Gabriel started for the Raiders the last 3 pre-season games but only had 1 catch the last 2 games ,and 2 catchs in their 2nd preseason game. He averaged over 10 yards per catch.

He also had 2 KR's against Detroit for an 18.5 average, a role he may play for the Pat's.

Stats mean nothing....I would point out that Brooks is the QB of the faiders....heck 3 catches is 50% of the passes Brooks completed in the entire preseason......

SVN said:
hopefully they didnt swap branch for gabriel...1/100 chance but the no mention of compensation is curious....
Remember that Gabriel is signed cheap through next year, not just this year so that also increases Gabriel's relative value to the other guy.

THEARCHIVES said:
A comparison from a health standpoint with Branch:
Branch
53 games in 4 years - 13 in 02, 15 in 03, 9 in 04, and 16 in 05

Gabriel
42 games in 3 years - 12 in 03, 16 in 04, 15 in 05

Now Gabriel wasn't a starter so you can argue if he was he would be hit more but they seem similar to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back