PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gabriel from Raiders to Pats!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other side of the coin is, what a great opportunity for Gabriel. He'll now be playing with Brady, he probably has never had a QB who routinely put the ball where it can be caught, and on a team that can win often. Further, he immediately is the #2 WR in that situation (assuming he has the goods). If he does have the goods, this surely will lead him down the path of the "big payday" that some others will do anything for.

upstater1 said:
After realizing that he was slated to play a lot for the Raiders, I'm thinking we might have given up a 3rd for him.

Well, when you're desperate, you have to do this sort of thing.
This won't be a 7th rounder - of course, we'll be able to at least recoup the pick by trading that other guy if we choose to.

lusdawg said:
Forgetting someone? Don't you think that the "?" should be Troy Brown?

Bam is also competing for a starting job the way he played against the Redskins. Troy has traditionally worked as the #3 and has a knack for being open short in big games.

I hope we only traded a draft pick.

Wasnt Gabriel thought to be #2 next to Moss because of Porter?

Lesser known recievers, no legitimate #1. I love it. Classic Patriots :D

Last edited:
Since they don't have a clear number 1 right now, I picked him up on my fantasy football team ;)

BelichickFan said:
This won't be a 7th rounder - of course, we'll be able to at least recoup the pick by trading that other guy if we choose to.
The other guy (the one that's almost dead to us)

I love his size, 6'2" 215 lbs.

I've been waiting for Bioli to bring a guy in since mini-camp. Better late than never.

And best of all, for some eager fans, Bam Bam might still make the roster. ;)

Depending on Twig getting the boot, of course.

yeah this will cost us a high draft pick (a 3rd-4th round pick). But since we have so many were okay.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I've been waiting for Bioli to bring a guy in since mini-camp. Better late than never.

And best of all, for some eager fans, Bam Bam might still make the roster. ;)

Depending on Twig getting the boot, of course.

Until/unless Twiggy reports, he's not taking a spot on the 53-man roster.

Big_Os_Hometown said:
Okay raise you hand if you saw THIS move coming!

Jacky called this yesterday or the day before (not the player, but the trade). I disagreed at the time. Obviously I was wrong.

Big_Os_Hometown said:
Okay raise you hand if you saw THIS move coming!

I did. I've tried to post it here for days, but...uh...I've been having trouble with my internet connection. :rocker:

i guess tomase will still talking to his sources in seattle when the pats were dealing for a WR in oakland.

upstater1 said:
LOL. Jackson is Jerry Rice?:rocker:

You think I'm crazy, but just wait and see! Their timelines are eerily similar too. Rice joined Montana in Montana's 5th year after he had already won 2 superbowls with Solomon and Clark. Now we just acquired our John Taylor.

I love this trade (as long as its for a 3rd, 4th or lower obviouslY)

Doug Gabriel had 37 catches last year.
554 yards and 3 touchdowns

this is all with Kerry Collins throwing the ball and him only playing 14 of the 16 games.

sweet deal..

NOW TRADE BRANCH.

maverick4 said:
You think I'm crazy, but just wait and see! Their timelines are eerily similar too. Rice joined Montana in Montana's 5th year after he had already won 2 superbowls with Solomon and Clark. Now we just acquired our John Taylor.

The model has worked so far, let's cross our fingers that the trend continues.

6'2" 215!? He's a giant!

Lets see here:

-receiver with decent size and good hands

-leaves us more open to trade Branch (not saying he's as good)

-pissed off Raider fans

I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back