PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gabriel from Raiders to Pats!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
decent size? thats a good size for receiver! great hands i heard

best of all...look at game logs. who did he destroy? BUFFALO BILLS!

Brownfan80 said:
The model has worked so far, let's cross our fingers that the trend continues.

Don't even get me started on Maroney-Craig, Thomas-Jones, or Young-Cassel!

We have 4 young WR, Chad Jackson, Doug Gabriel, Bam Childress, Reche Caldwell. And of course Troy Brown is the vet.

Good deal!

Now let's ship Deion Branch out of town as fast as possible for whatever draft compensation becomes available!

CrazyDave said:
6'2" 215!? He's a giant!

I'd like to see him standing next to He Who is Not to be Named. Now, the size of their SHOES... that's a different story. But still. I love the target. After CJack gets into gear, along with Watson, Grahambo, Thomas, Mills, and Caldwell we've got the BIGGER recieving core than we've had since Brady got drafted (not even to count Brown, Faulk, Maroney, Dillon, Childress). This could end up going better than we all expected.

Remix 6 said:
decent size? thats a good size for receiver! great hands i heard

best of all...look at game logs. who did he destroy? BUFFALO BILLS!

Not to mention his last game as a Raider was for 100 yards, hopefully he's on the way up.

By trading Gabriel and Hamilton, its obvious that the Raiders are looking to acquire draft choices for the future. Walter will be the starter before you know it, but that team is going to have issues until the new coach Art Shell puts his thumb print on the team and gets them going in the right directin.

ATippett56 said:
Good deal!

Now let's ship Deion Branch out of town as fast as possible for whatever draft compensation becomes available!
Belioli won't dump the little ****y but as long as we get at least as much for him as we just gave up, I'm fine with it.

This is a perfect example of why the Raiders suck and the Patriots ... don't. The Raiders spend all their money on a mouthy WR and dump a cheap, talented guy who may not be as good, but would give a good approximation of the production at a FRACTION of the cost. The Patriots do the opposite (except Branch is no Moss either in talent or in general a**hole-ness). Meanwhile, the Pats have money spent on stars at QB and DL, while the Raiders are stuck with talented wide-outs with no one to throw them the ball and a crappy defense.

BelichickFan said:
Belioli won't dump the little ****y but as long as we get at least as much for him as we just gave up, I'm fine with it.

Right now, I would take a second round draft pick from the New York Jets, since the selection would most likely be in the top ten. Please remember that Chad Jackson fell into the second round of the 2006 NFL draft.

PatsRI said:
Reiss has it now via Oak Trib:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

And I really am getting a lot of joy in reading the Raiders fans reactions.
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79294

WOW

RAIDER FANS ARE P!SSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They all seemed to feel he was pretty good!

This guy might not be all that bad!

His stats seem pretty good. Not quite David Givens numbers, but he didn't have Brady throwing to him either. And he wasn't starting!

Real Good Size!

Interesting: I believe Asante Samuel is also a fourth year player from Central Florida....

I feel it is now time to officially panic. :eek:

PatsRI: Nice link to Da Radiaaaas website. What a bunch of assclowns. They all sound like convicts.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
PatsRI: Nice link to Da Radiaaaas website. What a bunch of assclowns. They all sound like convicts.

Lockdown is not until 10:00 PM!

Last edited:
ATippett56 said:
Right now, I would take a second round draft pick from the New York Jets, since the selection would most likely be in the top ten.
So would I.

Gabriel has a career 15.8 yards per catch. Givens has 14.0, Branch 13.8 (regular season, ****y boy has a number closer to Gabriel in the playoffs).

Saw an interesting post in the Raiders forum thinking possibly it's a 3 way deal with Seattle involving DB. Do you think that's possible or would we have heard something by now? Maybe Seattle gave a pick to the Raiders and one to us?

Last edited:
Gabriel is a guy that isn't going to get jammed at the LOS, and has the size to provide a mismatch in the defense.

Now, it is going to take him some time to learn the playbook....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3