PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FWIW: James White Did Score at 3:58 of OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball breaks plane with knee still in the air.

I saw that the other day when I was looking at the various angles and thought that would be the most definitive if that knee is his right knee and not the left.

It sucks to have to listen to Blandino explain anything about this SB. Guy is such a tool.

It was a unique situation, with the sudden death. And it wasn't just the people on the field it was the confetti guns too. You can't put that stuff back in. Imagine if they had to keep playing with red white and blue confetti all over the field and still floatng down? Optics nightmare. I'm sure the league will tighten up its confetti protocol after this.

Only after it is proven more probable than not that Pats had control over the confetti guns, lol...

I don't know how anyone can truly question whether or not he scored. The video replays were crystal clear. I'm guessing this has been fueled by that photoshopped pic of White's knee being down short. Too bad for them it occurred after he had already crossed the plane and was being pushed back.

The first view is exactly when White's knee touches.
The Second is just before.
The third is based of the timing of the first two by knee position, player position etc...

It was close but it was in. No way they could overturn that.

First view.
upload_2017-2-9_18-55-49.png

Second view:
upload_2017-2-9_18-58-6.png

Third view:
upload_2017-2-9_20-17-35.png

Man, could you imagine what it would've been like had they reviewed it and found it to be short after everyone stormed the field?

Man, could you imagine what it would've been like had they reviewed it and found it to be short after everyone stormed the field?
They should wire the confetti cannons to the booth so they can't be fired until the OK is given :)

I can't get too mad at them. That team let them down and they're angry, as we would be had the situation been reversed. The difference, of course, is that the Pats would have never let a team come back like that.

I love how Blandino picks those three plays where he can say they were right but when it comes to picking a play where they were wrong, such as Mcclellin leaping over the guard not the long snapper, he doesn't want to do that...:rolleyes:

I'd actually be more interested in the play where Long produced the holding penalty. What would have happened here if both Ryan and Sanu were called on a facemask ?

Reasonably I would assume that since it's 2x 15yd penalty against Atlanta vs. 1x 15yd penalty against Pats that it would still result in the same outcome but I have seen games where sometimes 2x penalty vs. 1x penalty still ends up being "offsetting". Any idea ?

Ignoring those two facemasks might have been sneakily a brilliant decision that avoided a cluster**** by whichever ref was looking there. If it was intentional..

They should wire the confetti cannons to the booth so they can't be fired until the OK is given :)

The Patriots hacked the confetti cannons and Zolak triggered them !!!

Some butt-hurt Falcons' fans have been complaining that White didn't score. The League Office released the attached. Interestingly, Blandino admits that the officials really did screw up by allowing everyone onto the field while the play was under review...but acknowledges that they had no control over the situation. Good thing the LJ made the right call, I guess. :D

Head of officiating confirms explains how referees handled James White's game-winning TD

Everyone in charge was clueless, trophy stands were already being set up. Edelman was the only one who knew the situation. It's a league being run by people who don't know how to run anything.

I'd actually be more interested in the play where Long produced the holding penalty. What would have happened here if both Ryan and Sanu were called on a facemask ?

Reasonably I would assume that since it's 2x 15yd penalty against Atlanta vs. 1x 15yd penalty against Pats that it would still result in the same outcome but I have seen games where sometimes 2x penalty vs. 1x penalty still ends up being "offsetting". Any idea ?

Ignoring those two facemasks might have been sneakily a brilliant decision that avoided a cluster**** by whichever ref was looking there. If it was intentional..

I think because they all happened during the play, even though the Falcons got 2 penalties called against them vs 1 for the patriots it would be offsetting penalties and the down would be replayed.

I think because they all happened during the play, even though the Falcons got 2 penalties called against them vs 1 for the patriots it would be offsetting penalties and the down would be replayed.

I wish someone could ask whatever linesman was responsible for watching that matchup if that was a deliberate decision because both were doing the same or if it was just missed. I don't think we would ever get a true answer on that but this was the biggest ref call of the game and no one is really taking about it.

Of course we are biased when we say it was a great call to just let it go because both did exactly the same because it ended up helping us out but it got me wondering how 2v1 penalties (all of them the same yardage) can reasonably be offsetting. It seems kinda unfair..

The only way you can believe that it was not a touchdown, is to really want to believe that it was not a touchdown.. even if it wasn't it was still third down on the goal line..

Have seen that play about 12 times now from different angles.. it is clear, that the ball crossed the goal line before he knee touched the ground.

Whiners gotta whine.. why don't they focus on the terrible coaching and on field decisions, that is something to really whine about.. terrible decision making. The strip sack and the terrible play calling when they were in field goal range in the next possession sealed the deal..

The only way you can believe that it was not a touchdown, is to really want to believe that it was not a touchdown.. even if it wasn't it was still third down on the goal line..

Have seen that play about 12 times now from different angles.. it is clear, that the ball crossed the goal line before he knee touched the ground.

Whiners gotta whine.. why don't they focus on the terrible coaching and on field decisions, that is something to really whine about.. terrible decision making. The strip sack and the terrible play calling when they were in field goal range in the next possession sealed the deal..
Agree.
Reflected by the fact that the ruling was that the Line Judge's decision was "confirmed" and not that it just "stands." I think that usually means that if the ruling on the field had been the ball was on the one inch line, the booth review would have "overturned" it and called it a TD.

The first view is exactly when White's knee touches.
The Second is just before.
The third is based of the timing of the first two by knee position, player position etc...

It was close but it was in. No way they could overturn that.

First view.
View attachment 16237

Second view:
View attachment 16239

Third view:
View attachment 16243

The THIRD view was the proof in the pudding that he was in.. My S-I-L kept saying he was down until she saw that. Much to her chagrin..

The sooner the NFL owners get rid of Goodell and Blandino the better.

i think what happened is white broke the goal line then was pushed back by falcons defenders. so there is a still camera shot of white short of the goalline that went viral

The THIRD view was the proof in the pudding that he was in.. My S-I-L kept saying he was down until she saw that. Much to her chagrin..
You can't see both his knees in that last pic..it was very close.

even if the DPI hadnt been called, nothing was stopping a TD at that point

I think it's funny that anyone is complaining about that call... If Bennett isn't interfered with, it's a sure touchdowns. It was just him and the defender and he had him beat. Throw was late and lofted too much, but Bennet's 6'6" and schooled the guy, getting both hands on the ball despite the blatant interference. I mean that drive was total domination by the Pats... They had the Falcons defense bickering amongst one another because they were getting completely whipped at literally every position at that point.

Screw that. Edelman with the crack back. Cannon pulling and clearing a small lane. Then White driving through 2 then 3 Falcons. This play was the 2016 season, fortitude, determination and success.

Yeah Edelman lit someone up... I love these guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand