PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun/Sad BB/Browns fact

Kind of.... the Browns Belichick coached are really the Ravens now.

Ozzie Newsome was on that incredible Belichick staff in Cleveland that was on the cusp of consistent competitiveness when Art Modell pulled the plug on Cleveland. That was long ago, but the player selection by the Ravens in the hands of Ozzie Newsome is what makes them consistently competitive. His biggest mistake these days was paying Joe Flacco all that money and extending him past his shelf life. Flacco and Eli have both fallen off the cliff. Newsome and his scouts do a good job with the draft and typically move on from guys at the right time.

The AFC Central is always competitive with Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati. If Marv Lewis could coach, it would be the best division in football. Baltimore and Pittsburgh are always a handful.

The Salary cap was instituted in 1994. That should be the line of demarcation.
Also keep in mind that event was 23 years ago; a generation is estimated to be 25.5 years.

Cleveland people probably hate the Ravens. (There seems to be some hypocrisy in Baltimore regarding the move since their Colts packed up and moved in the dark of night so to speak.) Never the less it may have been better for the Browns to stay out of the league. This incarnation of them has been horrible.

Cleveland people probably hate the Ravens. (There seems to be some hypocrisy in Baltimore regarding the move since their Colts packed up and moved in the dark of night so to speak.) Never the less it may have been better for the Browns to stay out of the league. This incarnation of them has been horrible.
They don't. It's a sore subject, but both fanbases are content with only accepting the legal lie that they are too seperate things even though they aren't because it makes them both feel better.

It's kind of funny when you mention it to them because they get so mad.

"I'm mad because you cut Bernie Kosar" said the biggest bunch of super moronic oxygen thieves (outside of Jete land) in NFL history.Hey Cleveland fan, I'd fart in your general direction but you'd never smell the difference.

Yeah, Kosar wasn't that good. I never understood why Cleveland fans thought he was Joe Montana when he was more like Eli Manning with less playoff success.

I grew up a Browns fan before the the AFL began so their failures are always on my radar... Followed them until about 1964, as similar AFL's had began and failed something like 4 times before they were able to field a successful league.

Wonder, in this day and age, how one team consistently makes such poor management, coaching and player decisions..

Guys like Josh and Patricia might be worth breaking the bank for, to begin to make this team a better NFL product than they currently have...

If the Cleveland Browns had just kept every draft pick and used their top two draft picks every year for the past ten years to select the best offensive and defensive linemen on the board, they'd be a monster franchise. I look at their drafts and just shake my head. When you consistently have a top 3 pick in every round of the draft, you can build a great team at minimum cost under the current CBA.

Look at this list first round picks going back to 2008: List of Cleveland Browns first-round draft picks - Wikipedia
The most successful “draft day” the browns have had was fictional...

I don't know about Patricia as a head coach in Cleveland, but, a few years ago, Josh had a legitimate shot at the job (many people said there was an offer on the table). Being a local guy, coming to Cleveland would have been like coming home. However, he turned down the opportunity before an offer was made, reportedly due to the chaos in the front office. Unless the Browns can fix this, chaotic upper management may keep really hot head coach candidates from seriously considering Cleveland.

The Browns and the Jets are both cursed for crucifying the best coach in the history of sports. I spent many hours listening to sports radio down there at the time and I don't think there is any way people could really understand how bad Bill was treated in Cleveland. Sweet justice

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back