PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From a Chiefs Fan Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pat offense piled up 13 turnovers in their first seven games, at least one per game, including three v. HOU and 3 @CHI (both were wins).

In the 10 games since, they've had only five total turnovers - three of those against BUF at Gillette in wk-16 (two picks, and a fumble by Burkhead), and one pick each off Brady v. MIN and @PIT. So, the offense has been turnover-free in seven of their last 10 games.

Interestingly the Patriots are a +10 in TO differential, an even +5 at home and +5 away. That's good enough for 5th best in the NFL. The Chiefs are 6th best at +9 but they are an overall +11 at home, -2 away. The Chiefs are good at creating turnovers in Arrowhead so the Patriots will need to really take care of the ball. As you mention here, they have been good at doing just that in the second half of the season.

Well to be fair the Miami loss was a fluke but true they sucked in the other 4 games they lost and sucked badly.

I would add that two of the teams that they lost to - Titans and Lions - currently have former Pats who might know more about our plays than any of the other coaches. So, I am not too bothered about those losses.

Jags were pretty strong early this season, and I don't think we ever play well when the heat is more than 70.

The Steelers loss was a bit difficult for me especially on seeing how Brady seemed to make errant throws and looked uncomfortable. Maybe he was injured. We will never know. He seemed to be perfect last week and I am hoping we see the same version on Sunday.

So, I am not too concerned about how badly we sucked in at least two of those four losses to teams with a losing record (other than the Steelers).

Here is looking forward for a injury-free game that we prevail. :)

GO PATS!!

And welcome to our forum, rational Chiefs fan! Great OP! :)

@Rational Chiefs Fan

Thanks for your informed post. This Board has a long history of welcoming opposition fans who are...um...well..."rational" and an equally long history of bouncing trolls.

I agree with most of what you write, but disagree on two points.

1) I don't think we'll be able to "tell by halftime." In support of my argument, I simply present two sets of numbers: "28--3" and "34--28." Either of these teams is capable of mounting a comeback.
2) While I agree that the game will be close, I'm sticking close to or a little below the Under/Over and think that 30 points will be enough to win it (famous last words?). I want to think about it some more, but right now I think 30--27 or 28--24 are good scores to predict. I reserve the right to change my mind depending on the wind-chill at Kickoff.

Thanks again. Looking forward to hearing more from you before Sunday afternoon.

Even if the Chiefs were to get up big I have seen my team get up 38-10 to lose 44-45 in a postseason game. So I would agree we won't be able to tell by the half.

I would say that if you guys get up big I don't see the Chiefs coming back to win. I have never seen the Pats blow a big postseason lead they don't have that history that my Chiefs do. But hopefully that doesn't happen :)

Coin flip my ass.

Pats are CLEARLY a different team on the road...that's not even debatable, and you're going into one of the NFL's most hostile environments.

I'm pretty confident you're not going to like the end result Sunday.

Coin flip my ass.

Pats are CLEARLY a different team on the road...that's not even debatable, and you're going into one of the NFL's most hostile environments.

Do you do the tomahawk chop chant?

nah..he does the ten pork chop pant...stupid ba$tard will probably pop by halftime from congestive heart failure.

But they didn’t win

Tony Eason didn’t start the Patriots dynasty. That all changed with Tom Brady and Belichick. Went from an underdog franchise to the dynasty they are today

Bledsoe and Parcells were respectable but they weren’t the 2001-present Patriots. They weren’t winning 5 Superbowls

That's two more SB than the Chiefs have been to, since they stopped using leather helmets.

Even if the Chiefs were to get up big I have seen my team get up 38-10 to lose 44-45 in a postseason game. So I would agree we won't be able to tell by the half.

I would say that if you guys get up big I don't see the Chiefs coming back to win. I have never seen the Pats blow a big postseason lead they don't have that history that my Chiefs do. But hopefully that doesn't happen :)
Pats blew a 21-3 lead

But atleast it was on the road against Peyton Manning. More respectable than our 21-3

Coin flip my ass.

So when Patriots fans say **** like this we are arrogant, ****y and obnoxious, despite the Pats kicking the **** out of the rest of the NFL for the past 18 years. But, when you say it as a Chiefs fan, well it's just being realistic despite winning just 2 playoff games in the past quarter century.

Got it!

You know what it really is....you are praying that the "clearly different" Pats road team shows up on Sunday, and you tell yourself they will because you KNOW that if the Pats team that just played last Sunday afternoon get off that bus in the bowels of Arrowhead your team will be playing golf on Monday!

nah..he does the ten pork chop pant...stupid ba$tard will probably pop by halftime from congestive heart failure.

Now now Joker is that any way to treat a guest. Where's your manners? :D

Per TeamRankings.com, Kansas City’s defense has allowed 34.8 points per game on the road in the 2018 season, including the postseason, and just 17.4 points per game at home. That’s by far the biggest split between home and road performance in the NFL this season; Plus we are getting back Eric Berry ( if healthy) is the QB and undisputed leader of our defense and we have all of our offense back including Watkins who ( when healthy) has been a top 3 WR#2 in the NFL. Again not saying we will win as I see this as a coin flip but I think if anyone thinks we will get blown out is misguided. Plus Mahomes has his shortcomings but the one thing he has done all year is keep us in games, we haven't been blow out of a game all year or had a game where you knew we wouldn't win. Close game either way and with temp getting warmer I see 38-35 kind of game either way

Per TeamRankings.com, Kansas City’s defense has allowed 34.8 points per game on the road in the 2018 season, including the postseason, and just 17.4 points per game at home. That’s by far the biggest split between home and road performance in the NFL this season; Plus we are getting back Eric Berry ( if healthy) is the QB and undisputed leader of our defense and we have all of our offense back including Watkins who ( when healthy) has been a top 3 WR#2 in the NFL. Again not saying we will win as I see this as a coin flip but I think if anyone thinks we will get blown out is misguided. Plus Mahomes has his shortcomings but the one thing he has done all year is keep us in games, we haven't been blow out of a game all year or had a game where you knew we wouldn't win. Close game either way and with temp getting warmer I see 38-35 kind of game either way

You need to stop with this narrative of "the Chiefs D is awesome at home" stuff.

Team @ Chiefs/ave PPG/scored vs Chiefs
niners/21/27
jags/15/14
bungles/23/10
bronks/21/23
cards/14/14
ravens/24/24
chargers/27/29
raiders/18/3
dolts/27/13

average of average: 21.1
average allowed by chiefs: 17.4

Is this really something to hang your hat on?

BTW- Sammy Watkins is a very average WR2. He hasn't been good for years. Single coverage will do.

Just checked the KC Chiefs schedule and not really impressed with the low scores at home.
The first home game was the 49er's. The 49er's had Jimmy and they put up 27 points (ok). Then, the Jaguars, Bengals, Broncos, Cardinals, Ravens, Chargers (ok) and Raiders. Not real powerhouses. I also would not count on players who are playing their first game back. Home field advantage, yes. Great defense, no.

Just checked the KC Chiefs schedule and not really impressed with the low scores at home.
The first home game was the 49er's. The 49er's had Jimmy and they put up 27 points (ok). Then, the Jaguars, Bengals, Broncos, Cardinals, Ravens, Chargers (ok) and Raiders. Not real powerhouses. I also would not count on players who are playing their first game back. Home field advantage, yes. Great defense, no.

I have ranted about the Chiefs defense all year So I can't say they are great.

They have however made a few changes starting with the Seattle game they started playing a young CB in Charvarius Ward who has been a much better player than Orlando Scandrick. They also switched from Ron Parker to Jordan Lucus. They have both been of help to the defense. That's been part of the major difference in the last couple of games from the Chiefs defense.

I would add that two of the teams that they lost to - Titans and Lions - currently have former Pats who might know more about our plays than any of the other coaches. So, I am not too bothered about those losses.

Jags were pretty strong early this season, and I don't think we ever play well when the heat is more than 70.

The Steelers loss was a bit difficult for me especially on seeing how Brady seemed to make errant throws and looked uncomfortable. Maybe he was injured. We will never know. He seemed to be perfect last week and I am hoping we see the same version on Sunday.

So, I am not too concerned about how badly we sucked in at least two of those four losses to teams with a losing record (other than the Steelers).

Here is looking forward for a injury-free game that we prevail. :)

GO PATS!!

And welcome to our forum, rational Chiefs fan! Great OP! :)
Steelers loss felt like a low point in the season, particularly where our offense was concerned.

Eric Berry is this weeks Hunter Henry. I doubt he plays a significant role or logs a lot of playing time.

I have ranted about the Chiefs defense all year So I can't say they are great.

They have however made a few changes starting with the Seattle game they started playing a young CB in Charvarius Ward who has been a much better player than Orlando Scandrick. They also switched from Ron Parker to Jordan Lucus. They have both been of help to the defense. That's been part of the major difference in the last couple of games from the Chiefs defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey