PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the love of God, get rid of Lugo!!!

I'm a freaking idiot for having a faith in a guy who is the only starting shortstop the team has on the 60 man roster who has played the position in the majors for more than 80 games TOTAL in his major league career..then so be it. :rolleyes:
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon to condemn a guy especially when he's their most experienced player at that position :rolleyes:

And despite all those stats he's still around...gee I wonder what could possibly be keeping him here...nah, can't be that huge contract that fans seem to believe they will just eat to get rid of him nor could it be that they don't have ANYBODY ELSE on the roster, in Pawtuckett, Portland, or lower who could fully replace him :rolleyes:

put outs, errors, assists, double plays, fielding %age, range facotor(per nine innings, per game), total chances- those are all the measured stats that are indesputable, justifiable, measured on the field and not by some computer.

to bad you cant edit your garbage in this thread lol.

What a few folks on here don't seem to understand is that a baseball contract is a sunken cost. You HAVE to pay it, whether he's on your roster or not.

So if you reach the point where clearly it makes sense to let a player go because you have better options elsewhere -- i.e. the player just isn't helping your team enough to be on the 25 man roster, then regardless of his contract he is gone.

This assumes, (1) that the team can take the PR hit for letting an "overpaid" player go, which is essentially giving up on him, and (2) that the team can afford the replacement players.

To just say "his contract is so big we HAVE to keep him" really doesn't apply to teams like the Red Sox or Yankees.

No they will not!

They could have done it over the offseason. They did not.
They could have done it in Spring Training. They did not.
They could have done it in April. They did not.

Get it into your head that you WILL NOT BUY HIM OUT.

I hope you finally got it into your head. They are about putting the best team possible on the field to win despite having to eat their mistakes.

I hope you finally got it into your head. They are about putting the best team possible on the field to win despite having to eat their mistakes.

I don't have to get it into my head, it's not my decision to make. They chose to eat the contract, they also are choosing that nobody else will pick him up after he clears waivers or that his new team if he does catch on will be out of contention and/or he doesn't affect the Red Sox.

It's their choice, it's their money, I didn't believe they would do it but they did it.

I don't have to get it into my head, it's not my decision to make. They chose to eat the contract, they also are choosing that nobody else will pick him up after he clears waivers or that his new team if he does catch on will be out of contention and/or he doesn't affect the Red Sox.

It's their choice, it's their money, I didn't believe they would do it but they did it.

lmao. you also thought lugo was better than green. do you really think the sox are worried about where lugo ends up or that he could hurt them? lol

Last edited:

No shame in saying I was wrong and the rest of the world was right.

lmao. you also thought lugo was better than green. do you really think the sox are worried about where lugo ends up or that he could hurt them? lol

I hope he goes to the Yankees ... the curse of Lugo could be a new one.

I hope the Yankees pick him up. Or the Rays. Seriously. Hes not helping anyone out there.

No, its not their money. Its Julio Lugo's money, and it has been since the day they signed him. Baseball contracts should be thought of as essentially all signing bonus. Its all gone the day you sign the contract.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back