PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the love of God, get rid of Lugo!!!

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Another E tonight! What is it going to take?

surprisingly he HAD been hitting pretty well........however he is one of the worst defensive players in the history of the red sox! I agree overall............time for "Lose-go" to GO!

Someone to take on ALL of his $20 million contract.

Nobody wants it, he's staying put.

lmao :D:D:Dbut you said lugo was such a good ss. surely there is someone to take him? you should send those other teams your impressive lugo stats lmao.

Last edited:
I've heard comments on EEI that he's not real popular with his teammates either. I'd really like to see the Sox move on from him.

Pocket change for the Red Sox to "bye-bye" him out.

Pocket change for the Red Sox to "bye-bye" him out.

Actually it isn't chump change. They aren't going to pay money to get rid of him no matter how much whining fans do :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actually it isn't chump change. They aren't going to pay money to get rid of him no matter how much whining fans do :rolleyes:

Yes they will if Lowrie can get healthy.

Yes they will if Lowrie can get healthy.

No they will not!

They could have done it over the offseason. They did not.
They could have done it in Spring Training. They did not.
They could have done it in April. They did not.

Get it into your head that you WILL NOT BUY HIM OUT.

IMO they won't keep a healthy switch hitting Lowrie in AAA or get rid of Nick G for any reason to keep a liability like Lugo because of $$$. If Green goes down and Lugo plays every day they go from contenders to pretenders.

No they will not!

They could have done it over the offseason. They did not.
They could have done it in Spring Training. They did not.
They could have done it in April. They did not.

Get it into your head that you WILL NOT BUY HIM OUT.
you dont have any idea what the hell your talking about :D

if it was up to you lugo would be the redsox starting short stop. :D

IMO they won't keep a healthy switch hitting Lowrie in AAA or get rid of Nick G for any reason to keep a liability like Lugo because of $$$. If Green goes down and Lugo plays every day they go from contenders to pretenders.

Lowrie is injured and may not come back this year.
Green is a liability at shortstop everyday, that's why Lugo has been playing. They have nobody down in the minors who could come up to back up Green.

They can't get rid of Lugo without someone there to replace him and they can't get rid of him without paying through the nose. They are better off keeping him there platooning with Green.

Lowrie is injured and may not come back this year.
Green is a liability at shortstop everyday, that's why Lugo has been playing.

Lowrie is coming back pretty soon.

If you believe Green is a liability at SS what the **** would you call Lugo? Green has been very good in the field this year and about average at the plate.

Lowrie is coming back pretty soon.

I doubt he will be back until after the All Star break at the earliest and even then he won't be their everyday shortstop.

If you believe Green is a liability at SS what the **** would you call Lugo?

What do I call Lugo? Better than he's made out to be. No matter what the hell he does people calling for his head before he even set foot on the field this year he's never going to be "good" to anyone :rolleyes:

And Green can't do it every day, that's why Lugo is still getting starts. He's a second baseman not an everyday shortstop. Green still has to back up Pedroia so those starts there mean Lugo has to play shortstop for Green.

Green has been very good in the field this year and about average at the plate.

He's been worse than he's made out to be. He's f-ed up plenty of times but given free passes because people hate Lugo so much. They won't make it far this year with Green in there everyday as the shortstop.

Last edited:
So Green isn't as good as we think he is and Lugo is better than we think he is? ROFL

My eyes and the numbers don't back you up.

Green has an +8.2 UZR/150 compared to Lugo's -38.6.

For those of you not familiar with UZR/150 it = the number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.

UZR/150 is possibly the most advanced defensive statistic that is available to the public.

Lugo kills this team defensively and contributes nothing offensively. At least Green is playing above average defense while being just below average offensively.

Stop trying to defend Lugo. It makes you look like an idiot.

So Green isn't as good as we think he is and Lugo is better than we think he is? ROFL

Yes. The perception of them are not what they really are. One gets a free pass while the other is under constant scrutiny and criticism.

Why overlook that he's a second baseman for his entire career with only a handful of games at shortstop and that he was only brought here to be the utility player to back up Pedroia and serve as an emergency shortstop- he was never meant to be the everyday shortstop, neither was Lowrie!

My eyes and the numbers don't back you up.

My eyes see Green f-ing up a lot and getting free passes while Lugo getting whipped over any little misstep.

Green has an +8.2 UZR/150 compared to Lugo's -38.6.

For those of you not familiar with UZR/150 it = the number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.

UZR/150 is possibly the most advanced defensive statistic that is available to the public.

Most advanced? BS SABR stats...useless crap to all but SABR fanatics and used to try to justify what can't be justified by the real, hard stats :rolleyes:

Lugo kills this team defensively and contributes nothing offensively. At least Green is playing above average defense while being just below average offensively.

You haven't seen Lugo's hitting stats, have you? He's doing good this year :rolleyes:

Stop trying to defend Lugo.

No.

It makes you look like an idiot.

Makes me look like an idiot? So be it. Believe whatever the hell you want, I'm not backing off my belief about him and Green to go what's popular at the moment. :rolleyes:

And Green isn't going anywhere if Lugo stays- when Lowrie comes back they go back to how they were supposed to go into the season before Lugo got hurt in Spring training: Lugo starts, Lowrie backs up, Green is the utility infielder(can play 2nd, 3rd, and short). Lugo will have to start until Lowrie is fully integrated into the major league game, then he and Lugo battle for the starter job for the rest of the year. Green will still play to give Youk a break at 3rd and Pedroia a break at 2nd and would still serve as their emergency shortstop heaven forbid they lose Lugo or Lowrie again.

Boston fans will tear anyone apart if they don't like them...every year they need a whipping boy no matter what that player does :rolleyes:

Last edited:
some boston fans are just to stupid to know any better:D

ROFL. What a ****ing idiot you are.

You realize the Red Sox value and pay good money for those SABR stats you hate, right?

Ok then. You said SABR stats are bs. What are the "real,hard stats" that you were talking about to justify his defense?

ROFL. What a ****ing idiot you are.

I'm a freaking idiot for having a faith in a guy who is the only starting shortstop the team has on the 60 man roster who has played the position in the majors for more than 80 games TOTAL in his major league career..then so be it. :rolleyes:
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon to condemn a guy especially when he's their most experienced player at that position :rolleyes:

You realize the Red Sox value and pay good money for those SABR stats you hate, right?

And despite all those stats he's still around...gee I wonder what could possibly be keeping him here...nah, can't be that huge contract that fans seem to believe they will just eat to get rid of him nor could it be that they don't have ANYBODY ELSE on the roster, in Pawtuckett, Portland, or lower who could fully replace him :rolleyes:

Ok then. You said SABR stats are bs. What are the "real,hard stats" that you were talking about to justify his defense?

put outs, errors, assists, double plays, fielding %age, range facotor(per nine innings, per game), total chances- those are all the measured stats that are indesputable, justifiable, measured on the field and not by some computer.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back