PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the "Brady made Belichick" crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots would have won Super Bowl 36 if Drew started.

Don't be mad Bradyites, Ty Law said it not me. :)

The patriots would have not been in the playoff and Bill fired if Drew started the all season. And no way Drew would have that last drive in the Super Bowl and we would probably be losing 14-3 at that point anyway with him!

The Super Bowls don't happen without Brady.

Same with Favre, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Bradshaw, Aikman, the Mannings. Whats happened is that NE fans have been living in a drunken stupor of always winning. 12 wins last season with a pile of horse$hit for a roster on offense.

I remember the Bledsoe years and his erratic play all so well. The main topic on Pats messageboards back in those days was getting rid of Bledsoe or keeping him.

Reality is about to pay Pats nation a visit.
As long as you don't pay us one, we'll survive...

I read the first post and wondered who really is the snowflake?

For one, I've never seen a post that said Brady made Belichick.
For two, the idea that there's a magical system here that is unreproduceable elsewhere is more than just a little magical thinking. So if it's the system, how come no one else has tried it elsewhere and had success with it?

1. Some of the replies in this thread have already proven you wrong.

2. It HAS been tried but the coaches/GMs are not Belichick and that is why those attempts have failed.

What is it someone we know always says? Players play? The people who constantly feel the need to over react to people of the opposing view are ruining this forum. NFL is BACK! LFG!

The anti Brady posters are just sad at this point. Anyone who claims that one carried the other is obviously a fool and there is no way either wins 6 rings without the other but if someone said in an alternate universe which person wings more rings without the other I would say Brady. Bill was on his second stint as a head coach after the wheels fell off in Cleveland and was 5-11 in his first year in New England. In 2001 the team started 0-2 and had Mo Lewis not decleated Bledsoe one could make a reasonable argument that the team wouldn't have fared much better than 5-11 without a major spark. Two losing seasons after a failed stint in Cleveland may have sealed the deal for his head coaching career and he very well could have ended up as a career DC. Brady, on the other hand, improved tremendously by all accounts from year one to year two and could have ended up starting somewhere with some strong showings in preseason games. In other words Brady would be on the cusp of getting his shot to play while Bill would have been on his way out as a HC.

The nonsense about Bill inheriting this awful roster is equally as foolish. Some of the most important pieces of the early dynasty were guys Bill inherited. Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Troy Brown, Adam Vinatieri, Kevin Faulk were all extremely important pieces from prior regimes that Bill was able to start to build a powerhouse roster with.

Bill is a tremendous coach and in my opinion the greatest coach of all time but the revisionist history to try and skew the credit for the two decade run away from Brady is pathetic. I can think of more coaching/GM blunders that cost us potential rings than Brady meltdowns in big games but in the end of the day there is no way either one would have the success they did without the other.

And yet there isn’t one anti Brady poster here. So weird...

Bill is an awesome coach...one of the best all-time. Factoring in his personnel decisions, it’s hard to find someone that has done more.

If this were like a game of chess, he would undoubtedly be a chess master and win many strategy games against other NFL minds. Not all of them, but a lot.

Football is a sport, though, and not a strategy game like poker or chess. There are elements of those latter two, but it’s a game of physical and mental skills and decisions by the players who are actually on the field.

That’s an odd thing to call a QB that took his team to a SB less than a year ago.

14-6 without Brady in the last 15 years.

Jimmy sure was money in the bank when the chips were down in the Super Bowl.

In big games you place your money on the best QB. Mahomes>Jimmy every day of the year.

Having Brady on offense allowed the best defensive coach in harness today to focus on honing the defense. Brady could make the team work on offense in a way that you just can't scheme for because he had an elite football IQ even at a very young age.

the new york football giants disagree

The Super Bowls don't happen without Brady.

Same with Favre, Montana, Elway, Kelly, Bradshaw, Aikman, the Mannings. Whats happened is that NE fans have been living in a drunken stupor of always winning. 12 wins last season with a pile of horse$hit for a roster on offense.

I remember the Bledsoe years and his erratic play all so well. The main topic on Pats messageboards back in those days was getting rid of Bledsoe or keeping him.

Reality is about to pay Pats nation a visit.

Reality is also going to pay Brady a visit ...... the Pats may find another QB......Brady will be gone soon

In big games you place your money on the best QB. Mahomes>Jimmy every day of the year.

Eli Manning > Tom Brady

Both BB and Brady are two of the best ever at what they do. I have and will continue to enjoy both of them finish out their respective careers. I will never say anything bad about either of them.

What's laughable is your inability or unwillingness to recognize that facts/stats require context, research and thoughtfulness, to determine their actual utility. Putting aside the possiblity that Parcells would have retired with zero SB wins without the brilliance of Belichick as a DC, to call his time in Cleveland a failure is absurd, regardless of his record during his there.
We are not talking about Bill Parcells and we are not talking about Bill Belichick the DC.
Cleveland was even more of a mess when he was named head coach than the Carroll Patriots and while he admits that he made some mistakes early on as a first time head coach, without a doubt he changed the culture there and turned the program around. Everyone associated with the Browns during their lame duck season states with conviction that Modell torpedoed that season, after a promising start.
Take away that one season and Belichick is still career sub-.500 with 1 playoff win.

Without Belichick, the 2000 Ravens SB win doesn't happen, including the Ray Lewis pick (acquired in a trade by Belichick).
LOL!! You're giving Belichick credit for Ray Lewis because not because he drafted Ray Lewis, but because he traded for the pick? ROFLOLOL!!!!!!

We are not talking about Bill Parcells and we are not talking about Bill Belichick the DC.
Take away that one season and Belichick is still career sub-.500 with 1 playoff win.

LOL!! You're giving Belichick credit for Ray Lewis because not because he drafted Ray Lewis, but because he traded for the pick? ROFLOLOL!!!!!!

The pretzels some will twist themselves into trying to tell us Belichick sucks :rofl:

Mahomes > every QB right now. What's your point?

Also Jimmy >>>>> Brady last year

Mahomes > every QB right now. What's your point?

Also Jimmy >>>>> Brady last year

Jimmy would not have been better than Brady with the same supporting cast. On the other end, if Brady was the QB of the 49ers last Super Bowl, the 49ers would have won!

Well, we'll soon find out who made whom. I'm afraid I already know the answer, but I am coming around to being interested to watch (rather than just being depressed about it).

EDIT - I am editing my post because I am not being fair to my long-held opinion that BB and TB (with a little of RKK thrown in) made each other. Each was in the right place at the right time when TB came along. During their first year of separation though, I am 100% positive that Brady will look like the winner of the contest. That's because the things he has learned and the experience he has gained can be brought to his new team, whereas BB hasn't found his next TB yet to impart all of his wisdom and good coaching. Our failure to land and/or develop any great receivers or TEs in the last few years is going to hurt us again too this year. This year TB is still built to succeed. BB has to start over.

Last edited:
This has to be some kind of unhealthy obsession with insulting the crowd that still likes Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back