PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the "Brady made Belichick" crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he’s just one of those people that is incapable of admitting he is wrong and rather then concede that he’s being selective he wants to just try to put on a little performance hoping he can save face. Pretty sad display
It's mostly just "hardy har har Brady not good cause he not wear Patriot uniform no more". He is one of those types that starts with a bad take then refuses to find common ground and digs himself in even when overwhelming evidence proves he's an idiot. His attempts to deflect by saying people are twisting themselves into pretzels to defend Brady while clinging desperately to "14-6" to defend Bill are just laughable.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
It's mostly just "hardy har har Brady not good cause he not wear Patriot uniform no more". He is one of those types that starts with a bad take then refuses to find common ground and digs himself in even when overwhelming evidence proves he's an idiot. His attempts to deflect by saying people are twisting themselves into pretzels to defend Brady while clinging desperately to "14-6" to defend Bill are just laughable.

Bradyites are so sensitive when they think something is just a tiny slight at their binky. Too funny!

I had forgotten how many of the defensive starters from SB36 were also starters on the 2000 team. We remember the 2001 free agency period as Belichick's first great coup when it comes to turning bargain basement signings into key cogs, but, aside from Vrabel, Pfifer and Seymour, all the key cogs of that championship defense were already in place in 2000.

This, to me, is the proof that Belichick's greatness can exist independently of Brady's. The 2001 champions were built on defense and special teams. At that time, Brady was no more than a slower, clutcher version of Alex Smith.

• Agree
No I think the sample size is very relevant and meaningful. See my posts above. 14-8 without Brady this century. I'd say that's quite good. How did the Colts do without Manning?

Omitting that the very same QB was pathetic in camp and preseason and somehow turned into a serviceable to pretty good QB by the end of the year. Gee. Funny what happens when you have a great coach.

The defense sucked btw so there's no guarantee Brady would have done much better.

Funny you say gaslight... after trying to convince me Belichick sucks as a coach. ROFLcopter.
Everybody the post I quoted is a prime example of someone who thinks he’s far more intelligent than he really is

Take that whatever way you wish. He made a stupid comment and got btch slapped for it. Again.

And about 6 of those years were entirely 3 decades ago going back to what I said before that it's reasonable to conclude Belichick is a better coach today than he was 3 decades ago. Not to mention that almost an entire season was under a cloud of a plug being pulled on a franchise so his "losses" after that decision was made are completely meaningless. Bzzzt try again.

Instead of 15 years want me to go back to 2001 when Brady was named starter? Sure I'll do that. 14-8 without Brady is still not too shabby at all. Sorry Bradyites, Belichick ain't an 0-16 caliber coach without your binky.
Well if you want to play that game, fine:

FACT: Bill Belichick has 0 playoff wins since 2001 without Brady. That's 19 years with no playoff wins. 0 playoff wins this century. Ouch!

He’s the type of fan that embarrassed the rest of us

• Ha Ha
They both deserve the same amount of credit, but I give the nudge to TB just a bit only because Belichick himself always says "It's a players game" ultimately the guys on the field have to execute.

Well if you want to play that game, fine:

FACT: Bill Belichick has 0 playoff wins since 2001 without Brady. That's 19 years with no playoff wins. 0 playoff wins this century. Ouch!

Sure, and Tom Brady has zero titles and zero wins in fact in the league without Belichick. Weird eh?

He’s the type of fan that embarrassed the rest of us
Really is an embarrassment to the fanbase. "Hurrr durr binkie! Durr Bradyites!" Then spamming the same nonsense all over the board whether it applies to the thread or not.

Sure, and Tom Brady has zero titles and zero wins in fact in the league without Belichick. Weird eh?
He's also undefeated without Belichick. How 'bout that.

FACT: In a sample size of 7+ years, Bill Belichick has 1 playoff win without Brady. In New England, he has 0 playoff wins without Brady. Sorry not sorry that triggers you.

Really is an embarrassment to the fanbase. "Hurrr durr binkie! Durr Bradyites!" Then spamming the same nonsense all over the board whether it applies to the thread or not.
He’s seeking attention. He doesn’t care if he gets it because gets a blubbering spastic fool

He's also undefeated without Belichick. How 'bout that.

FACT: In a sample size of 7+ years, Bill Belichick has 1 playoff win without Brady. In New England, he has 0 playoff wins without Brady. Sorry not sorry that triggers you.

Sure, and he's missed the playoffs twice since 2001. One of those misses was with Brady on the roster. Interesting...

FACT: In 7+ years without Tom Brady, Bill Belichick is career sub-.500 with all of 1 playoff win.

I can't help but laugh at seeing how triggered some people get at simple statements of fact.

What's laughable is your inability or unwillingness to recognize that facts/stats require context, research and thoughtfulness, to determine their actual utility. Putting aside the possiblity that Parcells would have retired with zero SB wins without the brilliance of Belichick as a DC, to call his time in Cleveland a failure is absurd, regardless of his record during his there.

Cleveland was even more of a mess when he was named head coach than the Carroll Patriots and while he admits that he made some mistakes early on as a first time head coach, without a doubt he changed the culture there and turned the program around. Everyone associated with the Browns during their lame duck season states with conviction that Modell torpedoed that season, after a promising start. Without Belichick, the 2000 Ravens SB win doesn't happen, including the Ray Lewis pick (acquired in a trade by Belichick). Ask the great Ozzie Newsome about how he feels about BB. This is just one example:

What's laughable is your inability or unwillingness to recognize that facts/stats require context, research and thoughtfulness, to determine their actual utility. Putting aside the possiblity that Parcells would have retired with zero SB wins without the brilliance of Belichick as a DC, to call his time in Cleveland a failure is absurd, regardless of his record during his there.

Cleveland was even more of a mess when he was named head coach than the Carroll Patriots and while he admits that he made some mistakes early on as a first time head coach, without a doubt he changed the culture there and turned the program around. Everyone associated with the Browns during their lame duck season states with conviction that Modell torpedoed that season, after a promising start. Without Belichick, the 2000 Ravens SB win doesn't happen, including the Ray Lewis pick (acquired in a trade by Belichick). Ask the great Ozzie Newsome about how he feels about BB. This is just one example:

Careful with those facts and reality. The Bradyites are extra sensitive and triggered today.

Sure, and he's missed the playoffs twice since 2001. One of those misses was with Brady on the roster. Interesting...
So the only season without Brady since 2001 accounts for 50% of the times we missed the playoffs, meanwhile he only missed it once out of 17 times with Brady?

And you think that pointing out that Bill as a Pats HC missed the playoffs 100% of the time without Brady and only 5.8% of the time with him is somehow a good argument?

Dumb dumb dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back