PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football fantasy: Trade Jimmy G + Josh for Jared Goff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addictive

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
So like the title suggests total fantasy stuff but in LA the land of make believe why not suggest something like this.

The Rams have some talent for sure, their defence is decent. They have one of the better running backs but they have an unknown at QB and they have given up a lot of draft picks.

The Rams need a coach and one option is Josh McDaniels - (I'd imagine another option might be Jon Gruden but thats another story).

We often speculate about Josh and Jimmy G going to a new franchise as a package. I realise this is very unlikely to happen especially since the Rams invested so many draft picks in Goff but lets speculate that with no draft picks sent between either team LA Rams get Jimmy G and their new head coach is Josh McDaniels while New England receives Jared Goff.

With Goff on his rookie contract and needing to learn the game from a veteran it would be the ideal spot for him and the Patriots with Brady wanting to keep playing. The Pats wouldn't have to make the difficult decision on Jimmy G's contract extension.

Jimmy G and Josh in LA could work. Jimmy G has the face of the franchise potential and they should be competitive immediately and Kroenke knows he can't allow the home fans to be treated to another awful showing next season. There must be some excitement. 90,000 fans for pre-season yet by December there are tens of thousands of empty seats.

Just posting for some light relief and entertainment and I'm not expecting this to be taken seriously.

Force them to take that lumbering party-boy TE Glasskowski in the trade too and you've got a deal

Why would the Patriots make this trade? Garoppolo has shown more than Goff to date. Goff is also the #1 pick and so his rookie deal isn't that cheap for guy who will sit on the bench.

Only because it gives the Patriots a QB with potential tied to a contract for the next few years unlike Jimmy who will shortly become a free agent.

BB can probably find a better QB in round 3 or 4 on the next draft.

Only if the Rams throw in that DT Donald

I was talking about Goff the other day and I think he will be out of the NFL in 4 years.

Only because it gives the Patriots a QB with potential tied to a contract for the next few years unlike Jimmy who will shortly become a free agent.

Brissett will be better than Goff, don't start with the #1 pick nonsense. We have done well with a #6 pick for the past few years.

giphy.gif

Won't work. Pats system as constructed is not a fit for a guy like Goff.

I'm honestly not sure I would pull the trigger on Goff for Brissett. Jacoby has elite intangibles (3rd string rookie QB hanging with Blount at the Celtics; the players/coaches seem to love him), a cannon arm, and was solid considering he played hurt.

Goff has a good skillset but questionable intangibles it seems. We have our next guy to groom already.

It usually doesn't make any sense to trade for bad players with guaranteed salaries, and I don't think this is an exception despite Goff's obvious potential.

As a starting point that would suggest that we *want* Jared Goff. If we think Brady's close enough to being done that we'd have any interest in Goff, then we'd be better off just finding a way to keep Jimmy, because we have lots of reason to think Jimmy's good, and none that I can readily think of to think that Goff is.

lol no thank you.

...so if you offered Jimmy G for Goff straight up, that's a bad deal. Why are you throwing McDaniels into it? Only an LA fan would think of something like that, and let's be honest, there are no LA fans.

I'm honestly not sure I would pull the trigger on Goff for Brissett. Jacoby has elite intangibles (3rd string rookie QB hanging with Blount at the Celtics; the players/coaches seem to love him), a cannon arm, and was solid considering he played hurt.

Goff has a good skillset but questionable intangibles it seems. We have our next guy to groom already.

Brisset has more wins than Goff in half the starts(one of which was with a busted finger).

And in case you want to blame it on the Rams sucking. Rams were 4-5 without Goff, 0-4 with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News