PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores took both O'Shea and Schuplinski?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at McCourty's cap hit for 2019, Supa...I doubt anyone is going to pay that base salary.

Devin McCourty

Either a rework or he retires I'd guess

Patrick Graham, Flores DLine coach, cut his NFL teeth with the the Pats in February 2009 he joined them as a defensive coaching assistant. In 2010, Graham's title was changed to defensive assistant coach. He was promoted to linebackers coach in 2011. In 2012, he moved to defensive line coach, and moved back to linebackers in 2014. Then he went on to the Giants and Green Bay..

There are a lot of linkages to the NEP, but will wait and see how it all plays out... Flores kinda told the Miami press not to expect miracles as he has to reform the team and develop a winning attitude.. let's see how patient they are.

Risky how ?
Risky because you’re kicking the can down the road for someone who will be 32 in the summer of 2019 and would likely be 34 by the time you see the second year of the extension. You’ve got to extend him two years, right? Adding on a year of the deal doesn’t do anything. There were already times when people openly questioned his value at points throughout this past season, and now we’re expecting him to play at a top notch level for 3 more years?

That’s also not even taking into account the fact that he’s already talking about retirement, right now. You’re really going to bank on him playing 3 more seasons when he’s trying to figure out if he’s done today?

I'm willing to bet Flores had a sit down with Bill and made sure things were cool.

I agree. I now wonder if BB's anger at Rat-gini was not for him going in division or even taking staff but rather him simply going to the Jets.

Not surprised that Flores had to jump at that. Five guaranteed years of salary as NFL coach is something you won't get offered often.

Sucks about Schuplinski I always thought he was the logical candidate to take over for McDaniels. Curious who will take over here now.

Uh, maybe we hire him back with a promotion to OC when the time comes?

I'm pretty sure that Flores was way too smart to repeat the Rat's mistake by leaving to be HC at a Division rival without (a) receiving the blessing of Belichick and the Krafts and (b) discussing with the organization any coaches he might want to take with him.

I agree. I now wonder if BB's anger at Rat-gini was not for him going in division or even taking staff but rather him simply going to the Jets.
I speculate both. Jets and he disrespected BB by not be open and transparent about hiring the help.

Is it all Mcdnaiels taking up that slack or do we have someone else?
Kind of crazy both are leaving I thought Jerry was replacing Chad?

O well we are world champs.

And why are we sad to see O'Shea go??:confused: How many young WR's has O'Shea developed again?? :confused: They better hit on a couple of outside WR's whether it's through the draft or FA. Need a WR coach like the guy in Pittsburgh.

Patriots could have hired Welker to coach WRs, but the 49ers got him first. The Pats really dropped the ball on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results