PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores took both O'Shea and Schuplinski?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks to lose Flores to a division rival.
Lets hope the D doesnt miss a beat that starts with locking up Flowers and taking care of the Mccourty bros.

Sucks to lose Flores to a division rival.
Lets hope the D doesnt miss a beat that starts with locking up Flowers and taking care of the Mccourty bros.
We need more competition in the division ... so I'm not worried.

Head Coach - Brian Flores (NE LB Coach / Defensive Playcaller)

Offensive Coordinator - Chad O'Shea (NE WR Coach)
Offensive Assistant/Asst Head Coach - Jim Caldwell (DET Head Coach)
QB Coach - Jerry Schuplinski (NE Assist QB Coach)
WR Coach - Karl Dorrell (NYJ WR Coach)
TE Coach - George Godsey (DET QB Coach / HOU Off Coord / NE TE Coach)

Defensive Coordinator - Patrick Graham (GB LB Coach)
? Defensive Assistant - Dom Capers (GB Defensive Coordinator / CAR-HOU Head Coach)
LB Coach - Robbie Leonard (NYG OLB Coach)

Special Teams Coach - Danny Crossman (BUF ST Coach)
DL Marrion Hobby
RB coach Eric Studesville
Tony Oden Db coach
OL coach Pat Flaherty

Sucks about Schuplinski I always thought he was the logical candidate to take over for McDaniels. Curious who will take over here now.

And before we hear the jokes how with Brady we don't need a QB coach. Just think about Etling and whoever else they add during the summer. Thats the guy who does a lot of the grunt work when it comes to developing younger QBs.

Going to be fun going against them next year

Going to be fun going against them next year
Well, « yes » in the sense that playing a team that is openly tanking seems fun.... maybe it’d be more accurate to say « it’ll be fun in a few years if Flores and friends are still around »...

As long as he doesn't take our secret weapon Berj Najarian, I am cool.

Some good people there ... plenty of experience.
Cap space and how they will build the team will be key ...
Just a hunch but other than a tank year the Jete and Bills will need to step up.
They're going to have to tank hard and get lucky because they have no one to speak of at QB.

It's already been reported they will be cutting Tannehill and/or trading him for a bag of footballs because they signed him to a dreadful contract.

Let's hope we have Hoyer locked up because the Fish are going to be bottom feeders.

Chad O'Shea is going to be missed. He did a lot of red zone work for our offense.

Patriots owner- Bob Kraft

Dolphins owner = Stephen Ross

It all starts at the top...PERIOD! Get that through your chicken little brain. A day after another Super
Bowl win that you were crying would never happen a month ago and now you're scared out of your mind because a Patriot coach was rewarded for his excellence. Nick Saban couldn't make that team work!!!!! It's the ownership. Success flows DOWNHILL in the NFL. It starts with Bob Kraft here in NE and his ability to allow his GM/HC to RUN the NEP. Ross is an egomad billionaire meddler. Good luck to Flores, I expect his team to reflect his hard nosed, hard working ethic. When some of the players go sideways and start acting out like they ALWAYS do down there, Flores will find Ross DOESN'T have his back.

Capers and Caldwell should really help Flores grow into the job.

B Flo has a put together a pretty impressive staff & is set-up for success if Ross is patient. I really wish he was with a team out of our division...

Patriots owner- Bob Kraft

Dolphins owner = Stephen Ross

It all starts at the top...PERIOD! Get that through your chicken little brain. A day after another Super
Bowl win that you were crying would never happen a month ago and now you're scared out of your mind because a Patriot coach was rewarded for his excellence. Nick Saban couldn't make that team work!!!!! It's the ownership. Success flows DOWNHILL in the NFL. It starts with Bob Kraft here in NE and his ability to allow his GM/HC to RUN the NEP. Ross is an egomad billionaire meddler. Good luck to Flores, I expect his team to reflect his hard nosed, hard working ethic. When some of the players go sideways and start acting out like they ALWAYS do down there, Flores will find Ross DOESN'T have his back.
Are you coming at me?
The whole point of my post is that originally Steve was suppose to stay.
We only heard about Oshea and Flores going to a division rival is a little daunting upsetting.
If you dont feel that way that is great Im happy for you.
My point is that A division rival making us weaker as well as having keen incite on both sides of the ball.
As far as Belichick I know he has contingency plans.
However the Dolphins have become stronger at our expense and they have knowledge of our players and we will have to change up habits even more so when we play them.

When did I say they couldnt win a superbowl.
I think maybe after the Tenn and Detroit games I was frustrated who wasnt?
If Flores going to the Dolphins and taking some assistants with you isnt message post worthy to you by all means DONT CLICK.
I have been nothing but respectful to everyone here even if we differ in opinions.
We are all Patriot fans here this bickering crap is Jets fans material.
We should be better than that.
Go Pats

We’re a little over 24 hours since our team clinched their 3rd Super Bowl championship in 5 year. So, I’m not going to start hand wringing over our LB coach and one year play caller taking a HC job with a division.

The odds are stacked against him. Having Caldwell and Capers around as mentors on staff is not going to offset the inexperience as none of Flores, O’Shea or Graham have ever been full fledged coordinators. Good luck to them as Stephen Ross is not a patient man.

Are you coming at me?
The whole point of my post is that originally Steve was suppose to stay.
We only heard about Oshea and Flores going to a division rival is a little daunting upsetting.
If you dont feel that way that is great Im happy for you.
My point is that A division rival making us weaker as well as having keen incite on both sides of the ball.
As far as Belichick I know he has contingency plans.
However the Dolphins have become stronger at our expense and they have knowledge of our players and we will have to change up habits even more so when we play them.

When did I say they couldnt win a superbowl.
I think maybe after the Tenn and Detroit games I was frustrated who wasnt?
If Flores going to the Dolphins and taking some assistants with you isnt message post worthy to you by all means DONT CLICK.
I have been nothing but respectful to everyone here even if we differ in opinions.
We are all Patriot fans here this bickering crap is Jets fans material.
We should be better than that.
Go Pats
It's goddamned NOT messageboard worthy a DAY after a Super Bowl win that YOU never saw coming! Give the hysteria a goddamed break for once in your scared out of your mind life...krist...ONE DAY...you can't keep from crying for ONE DAY!

Capers and Caldwell should really help Flores grow into the job.
That's the first thing I thought when I read that list. And in my opinion shows a lot of character from Flores.

It takes a lot of confidence and self awareness to hire TWO former HC's to your staff. Knowing what you don't know and making sure you have the resources at hand to get the information you need shows a lot of maturity from Flores. Caldwell and Capers would never be associated with being elite HC's in this league, but both had some relative success, and both can offer a lot of sage advise to a you coach.

Damned, more I see of Flores, the more pissed I am that he will be in the division. So far he seems to be making all the right moves.

That's the first thing I thought when I read that list. And in my opinion shows a lot of character from Flores.

It takes a lot of confidence and self awareness to hire TWO former HC's to your staff. Knowing what you don't know and making sure you have the resources at hand to get the information you need shows a lot of maturity from Flores. Caldwell and Capers would never be associated with being elite HC's in this league, but both had some relative success, and both can offer a lot of sage advise to a you coach.

Damned, more I see of Flores, the more pissed I am that he will be in the division. So far he seems to be making all the right moves.

It reads like Flores will use a different defensive scheme that the one he ran in N.E. Capers ran a 3/4 Eagle setup his entire career...
The Eagle front is a base front with 3 down defensive lineman and 4 linebackers. The nose is shaded to the strength of the formation. In an eagle front, the nose and 5 tech will be to the closed side of the formation; that is, to the side of the tight end. The open side of the formation would be the side with no tight end. With the nose and the 5 tech end to the closed side of the formation, the weakside end will be in a 3 technique with the Will linebacker in a 5 technique or 9. The Sam will be in a 9 technique and will primarily be the force player. The force player is responsible for forcing the play back inside to the defensive line and inside linebackers. In order for a 3-4 to be successful everything must funnel back inside.

Jim Caldwell hired a D co-ordinator to run a multiple front defense in Detroit...with mixed success.He's been a 4/3 D advocate earlier in his career.

I'm guessing Flores will use the combined experience of these two lifelong D co-ordinators to create a multiple look D of his own. This is WAY W#AY down the road however. We don't even know what the draft/free agency periods will do to that roster. How anyone can make a blind assumption based on little if any real knowledge of personnel or stated scheme is beyond me.

What would you want to do with Devin? Extend him to lessen the cap hit for ‘19? That seems risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back