PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores fired

The dolphins message board is thrilled that Flores is gone, so there apparently there are issues involving the coaching staff over there...
That doesn't mean anything. LOLfins fans are accustomed to what chaos looks like. They know nothing else.

You have morons this board who want the NEP to lose vs BUF just so Josh gets a head start on the interview process and leaves.

It’s apparently the opposite

I am surprised by that, I figured he was smart enough to know that giving up the farm for a highly questionable
I’ve heard this raised by the anti-Bradyites on this forum that they would gladly trade 3 years of Brady for 15 years of Mac Jones.

in that spirit I raise this proposition, would you rather have 15 years of Brian Flores as your HC or 3 more years of Bill Belichick?

Who are the “ anti-Bradyites?” Feel free to name them. Many have accepted the fact that Belichick was a d.ck to him snd he decided to play elsewhere, but I honestly don’t see anyone here rooting against Brady. There are a good number of poster’s here that hate Belichick and root against him, which means they are actually rooting against the Patriots, because if Belichick fails it means the Patriots failed. So put it out there, who are you referring to?

The dolphins message board is thrilled that Flores is gone, so there apparently there are issues involving the coaching staff over there...

Fans of all teams always want someone fired after a losing season or a season of missing the playoffs. They desperately need someone to blame. I don't put much stock in that. Fans in general are idiots. A large portion of them anyways.

Only if you're OK with Little Steven throwing a fit and asking Fat Matt to bench JC for the playoffs. That's a No.
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Honestly, Flores doesn't even have to move if Jacksonville knows what's good for them.

That doesn't mean anything. LOLfins fans are accustomed to what chaos looks like. They know nothing else.

You have morons this board who want the NEP to lose vs BUF just so Josh gets a head start on the interview process and leaves.
It's always the people that do nothing but complain. They can't explain the simplest aspect of the game after watching football for 30 years to save their life but can always tell you what/who sucks. Sounds harsh but reading some of the stuff posters write makes your eyes numb.

It's hard to believe that Marino's opinion means a good goddamn with the current Dolphins these days.
Don’t worry if we fall into a hole in the 20s-40s we’ll be doing the same ****.

Pats would have to show him the $$$ to get him back
It depends if he gets another HC offer or not. If he doesn't get any of the open jobs, he would be very wise to go somewhere to maintain his future HC prospects, and not worry so much about short term nickels and dimes. That given, he could do worse than NE.

Honestly, Flores doesn't even have to move if Jacksonville knows what's good for them.
I’d be awfully concerned that his inability to pick an offensive staff could affect Lawrence’s development. He had 4 OCs, 3 QB coaches, and 4 OL coaches in 3 years in Miami.

I’d be awfully concerned that his inability to pick an offensive staff could affect Lawrence’s development. He had 4 OCs, 3 QB coaches, and 4 OL coaches in 3 years in Miami.
I agree. The annual turnover at OC is strange

I agree. The annual turnover at OC is strange
Agreed. But we dont know the whole deal with all that. One thing we DO know- Ross( and allegedly Marino behind the scenes) believe Tua is the future.
Flores, who's probably forgot more about football than those clowns ever knew, sees what anyone with any football sense sees: hes not. Tua is an extremely limited qb with a very low ceiling. I think that factors in to all the offensive turnover, along with the horrible drafts Grier has engineered, giving the Fish one of the worst ol's in the nfl. Not saying Flores doesnt bear some culpability for the coaching turnover, but theres a lot more to it.

This is absolute insanity.

The Dolphins have done nothing but overachieve throughout Flores' tenure. He inherited an all time bad roster, watched his GM immediately trade away its best two players, then absolutely blow the resulting draft haul so badly you'd think he was impersonating Johnny Manzel . That roster is terrible, and Flores has been able to milk 10 and 9 win seasons out of it.

Was pretty surprised to read this earlier....then again, it is the Dolphins, and they do have a Grier in the midst.....
Good, hope it sets them back.

I think we have a somewhat skewed perspective of Flores, since he was part of successful teams in NE and has been exceptionally successful against NE since he left.

My speculation from afar is that Flores should've been retained and isn't the biggest of their issues in MIA, but we certainly have a limited (and particularly rosy) POV re: his track record, given most of us only closely follow 2 of their 17 games. They had losses against really bad teams this season (JAC, ATL).

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back