PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flores fired

I won’t be surprised to find out that he opposes dealing for Watson.

I’ve heard this raised by the anti-Bradyites on this forum that they would gladly trade 3 years of Brady for 15 years of Mac Jones.

in that spirit I raise this proposition, would you rather have 15 years of Brian Flores as your HC or 3 more years of Bill Belichick?

Stupid move. Let's benefit from it.
The Pats benefit from it simply by not facing him twice a year. The guy can run a super aggressive D as well as anyone.

Would love to see him back here!

I’ve heard this raised by the anti-Bradyites on this forum that they would gladly trade 3 years of Brady for 15 years of Mac Jones.

in that spirit I raise this proposition, would you rather have 15 years of Brian Flores as your HC or 3 more years of Bill Belichick?
I think it's up to BB to make that decision. If BB steps down as coach, I hope he stays on as GM for a bit to help with the transition. But as far as your question, I would prefer to stay with BB as long as he wants to coach more than any human being that has ever lived.

That is a horrible decision. Belichick should rehire him immediately.
If we’re going to have a head-coach-in-waiting, I’d rather it be Flores than McDaniels. Flores has shown success and has gotten better as time went on, and had (his defense at least) loving him. He isn’t perfect - issues others brought up with the OC turnover is valid - but I think he showed a lot of promise. McDaniels was the opposite in Denver, things started off fast then slowly spiraled out of control and no players supported him at the end.

Nothing fishy about it, Ross is once again showing his true colors as a moronic owner.
It was my poor attempt at a joke, but you are correct about the owner

I want BFlo back as DC and I will give hime blank check. But guys, be realistic. Are you really thinking that BB will do that over Junior? Unfortunately, we are stuck with Junior till BB is here.

New plot twist:

Which translates to Harbaugh officially hired by Miami Dolphins.

It seems like Miami has their guy all sewed up since they wasted no time firing Flores.

Harbaugh went to a Super Bowl and groomed a young QB to get there.

If they’d drafted Herbert over Tua, I bet we’d be saying that Flores was “ready” for the job.

Good point. So like Bill, this should be part of the learning experience so it doesn't happen again.

Take some time off, create relationships with superior offensive minded people, and don't jump at the first opportunity that comes along if you have no say in most anything.

I want BFlo back as DC and I will give hime blank check. But guys, be realistic. Are you really thinking that BB will do that over Junior? Unfortunately, we are stuck with Junior till BB is here.
As much as I want it to happen, it won't.

It's a real interesting take. Basically, Ross lives in NYC and only comes to MIA on game day. On those days, the GM is sitting next to him while the HC is obviously busy working on the field. It gives the GM lots of time to make sure the owner sees things his way.

On the flip side, Krafty Bob and Johnathan were all around the facility and still gave his dad way too much say on things. Maybe the Griers are just good at managing up whereas most coaches just aren't?
Bob K was all up in his booster seat last Sunday.

If LeBron sat next to him they would be at the same level.

The Patriots allowed a hundred fewer points in 2019 than they did in 2018 with Flores.
And also allowed fewer in the 4 years prior.
Flores claim to fans was the defenses SB performance.

He’s barely ever in Miami except on game days, he spends more time boosting and talking about Michigan. He also just said he didn’t want to be the guy to take Harbaugh from Michigan because he thinks so highly of them. Michigan is his first love, the Dolphins are just a luxury toy that prints money and gives him clout
Yeah, I actually just heard that interview. I guess he’s not after Harbaugh after all. Either that or it’s BS. He did offer Harbaugh the job in Miami before.

I imagine he'll be a head coach again, but I'd certainly take him back as DC.

The Patriots allowed a hundred fewer points in 2019 than they did in 2018 with Flores.
I think people really overrate how much DC matters here. I think Flores is a damn good coach, but we can get by with anybody calling the plays with BB overlooking.

Lol I meant as HC we can only offer DC and even that isn't happening due to Mayo and Stephen. The one that we could really use would be getting Judge back for STs but they'd have to fire him first.
Saw a tweet that Jints are keeping Judge.

Is that spirit you are raising whiskey, vodka, gin or rum?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back