PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flash: Garcia on flight to Boston [PFT: False]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Flash: Garcia on flight to Boston

Well my,my!

...thus completing the Patriots run-through of every player Oakland has cut from their 2008 roster.

I wanted this guy during the offseason and then after Oakland cut him and then after Philly cut him. I think he's a perfect backup for Brady at this point. He's a QB who limits his mistakes, manages the game, and doesn't turn the ball over. He'd be great for our dink and dunk spread offense. The only concern would obviously be the long ball to Moss.

I am surprised that none of these teams with NO offfense didn't pick him up. Like someone said, he's better than about half the QB's playing today.

Garcia is a good QB and gets a bad rap. The guy was personally picked by Bill Walsh, and generally plays a pretty smart game when he's in there.

Cool. He can come in for some garbage time reps after we blow out the jets 76-0 in two weeks. :D

fine with me

I wanted him on the 53-man roster to start the 2008 and 2009 seasons.

As folks have said, the question is who would go the IR list.

Last edited:

so who is being cut now if he is signed?

Just when I think all is quiet on the Patriots front...KAPOW! You'd think I'd know better by now. :D

Last edited:

Not my first choice, but maybee he is doing some shoping at Patriot place:D

They're going to have him learn a 7 year old playbook and release him so Sexy Rexy can pick him up and make him a captain.

Doesn't he (or didn't he) throw like Peyton Manning?
Garcia is one of only seven quarterbacks in NFL history that have achieved two consecutive thirty-touchdown passing seasons (2000 and 2001) at least one time in their career. The others are Steve Bartkowski, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, and Y.A. Tittle. He is also one of only twelve quarterbacks to throw a 99 yard touchdown pass
.Jeff Garcia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I bet he does a great imitation of Peyton:D Not that a veteran back-up isn't a great idea but I still like the timing of this one. Nice move BB!

EDIT: Here are the other 10 99 yarders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99–yard_pass_play

Last edited:

I also like this move. He's smart, consistent and reliable. I don't see him as a threat to Hoyer, but more as insurance. Happy to have him aboard. :cool:

Maybe he's going to change his name and sign with the practice squad.

Realistically, I like the move a lot, if that's what it is, but I don't like the idea that anyone we have is being cut/IR'd (except maybe Ohrnberger heading for a red-shirt season).

I also like this move. He's smart, consistent and reliable. I don't see him as a threat to Hoyer, but more as insurance. Happy to have him aboard. :cool:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves; it's not even known if this rumor is true or if he's just, as the report says, going to see friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents