PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons open to trading the number 4 pick.

Need a better source. That’s one of those accounts known for throwing everything at the wall, keeping whatever sticks, and deleting the ones that don’t.

Example:
View attachment 32019

Wow, that's not just throwing it against the wall, that's shotgunning the s**t directly into people's faces.

No blue checkmark, so I'm going to be skeptical.

But hypothetically, would this mean they don't have faith in Hurts, or do they want to nab someone like Pitts?

that would be a strange way to acquire a qb. Moving from 6 down to 12 only to go back up to 4 lol. Pitts would make sense for them with Ertz likely on his way out.

Lots of players would be drafted if it was known they would be one of the vital cogs to deliver a superbowl win for the drafting team. Only in New England is that not good enough.
Yeah, if there's one thing we know, it's that teams draft players in the first round solely in the hope that they can just have a 3-4 game stretch of solid play during their career.

Yeah, if there's one thing we know, it's that teams draft players in the first round solely in the hope that they can just have a 3-4 game stretch of solid play during their career.
Most fan bases would give their left nut to win a superbowl. I realize it isn't good enough for you , but that goes back to the spoiled patriot/tampa bay fans.

Nick Chubb would've done just as well if not better.
Maybe, or maybe he would have hurt himself at practice and never made a play. Maybe he would have fumbled on the goal line. Maybe he would have missed a block. You can't argue outcomes, the Patriots one the super bowl in large part because of Sony. Who knows what would have happened if they didn't have him.

Most fan bases would give their left nut to win a superbowl. I realize it isn't good enough for you , but that goes back to the spoiled patriot/tampa bay fans.
You're trying to argue that A=B, but it's not. And it has nothing to do with being a fan of any particular team.

You're trying to argue that A=B, but it's not. And it has nothing to do with being a fan of any particular team.
I completely disagree. Most fans hope their team wins one superbowl in their lifetime. If given the option of drafting a player that guaranteed a win in a superbowl, vs a player who was going to be good for 10 years, most would quickly accept the former. You are simply spoiled by superbowl wins and it doesn't mean much to you, so you don't value that fact.

How could anyone possibly be a fan of his?

I am. He's covered pretty well every time he's been on the field. He had great tape in college. I don't see why he can't take the next step toward earning a starting spot now that JMac hasn't been re-signed. If he applies himself, he could be a solid part of the secondary.

I completely disagree.

Of course you do.

Most fans hope their team wins one superbowl in their lifetime. If given the option of drafting a player that guaranteed a win in a superbowl, vs a player who was going to be good for 10 years, most would quickly accept the former. You are simply spoiled by superbowl wins and it doesn't mean much to you, so you don't value that fact.

Again, you're trying to make A = B, when A ≠ B. Laurence Maroney was a big part of the Patriots getting to the SB in 2007, yet most consider him to have been a blown pick. The reason for that is that one short run of games (or even two) is not the goal of drafting a first round draft pick. The goal of drafting a first round draft pick is finding a top level player who can help for years.

There's a difference between an analytical evaluation and an emotional take, after all.

I am. He's covered pretty well every time he's been on the field. He had great tape in college. I don't see why he can't take the next step toward earning a starting spot now that JMac hasn't been re-signed. If he applies himself, he could be a solid part of the secondary.
He'd have to beat out Jackson which isn't going to happen.

Of course you do.

Again, you're trying to make A = B, when A ≠ B. Laurence Maroney was a big part of the Patriots getting to the SB in 2007, yet most consider him to have been a blown pick. The reason for that is that one short run of games (or even two) is not the goal of drafting a first round draft pick. The goal of drafting a first round draft pick is finding a top level player who can help for years.

There's a difference between an analytical evaluation and an emotional take, after all.
Most consider him a blown pick because they are spoiled by superbowl wins and don't remember him. You can keep posting a=b all you want, but you are a spoiled fan, as are all patriots/brady fans. If that had been the only superbowl the Patriots won, people would still be talking about that performance.

Most consider him a blown pick because they are spoiled by superbowl wins and don't remember him.

No, most consider him a blown pick because he

Had a short career
Never played a full season
Only had 2 seasons of better than 4.0 yards per carry
With the exception of the 2007 season, never fully established himself as the RB1
Was useless in the passing game

And, before you start with the "spoiled by superbowl wins" nonsense again, recall that I have historically defended Maroney.

You can keep posting a=b all you want, but you are a spoiled fan, as are all patriots/brady fans. If that had been the only superbowl the Patriots won, people would still be talking about that performance.

Now you're just making up really stupid ****.

Agreed. He seems to guess a bit more than BB likes and then grabs a bit if wrong. Let's hope that goes away and then he should do OK.

No, most consider him a blown pick because he

Had a short career
Never played a full season
Only had 2 seasons of better than 4.0 yards per carry
With the exception of the 2007 season, never fully established himself as the RB1
Was useless in the passing game

And, before you start with the "spoiled by superbowl wins" nonsense again, recall that I have historically defended Maroney.

Now you're just making up really stupid ****.l
Lol why are you here again?

Since we're brining up Maroney again, he had all the tools to be a good player. He just had really bad vision.

I had no problem with the pick as he had the most upside and less mileage than Williams and MJD. It just didn't work out.

Might as well tank cuz we ain’t winning with that garbage pile
So, play as we did last year, albeit with a much stronger roster. So, we'll pick a bit lower next year, or maybe a bit higher fi we trade a couple of top players and trade a couple of picks into 2022. And then we can HOPE that we can draft a top QB who will likely take a year to develop. So, this is a plan to HOPE to only kill two seasons.

Since we're brining up Maroney again, he had all the tools to be a good player. He just had really bad vision.

I had no problem with the pick as he had the most upside and less mileage than Williams and MJD. It just didn't work out.

Oh, that reminds me of a study I read once that seemed to show that more college carries tended to correlate with NFL success. It surprised me, since it sounds like a good thing to take fewer hits, but apparently the extra reps helped a lot with developing a feel for blocking schemes. Well, that, and if a player can't earn a ton of snaps at a fungible position like RB, then he's not as likely to suddenly ascend in the league.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back