PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons open to trading the number 4 pick.

You don't think that's a coincidence, do you?
Yeah, was trying to be funny... The fact they're repeatedly photographed talking to each other makes it kinda clear... I'm still expecting a trade for Jimmy very near or during the first night of the draft. Obviously, might not happen, but I still feel like it's relatively likely.

Yeah, was trying to be funny... The fact they're repeatedly photographed talking to each other makes it kinda clear... I'm still expecting a trade for Jimmy very near or during the first night of the draft. Obviously, might not happen, but I still feel like it's relatively likely.

this scenario makes a lot of sense.

we trade up with the giants and bag waddle, then trade a second for jimmy.

if jimmy stays healthy, we are gold.

Please don't do it Bill, I'm beggin' ya...
I’m glad they are doing their homework. Real or not, I like the fact they are there. I will say this though, We can suspect all we want but we just won’t know until he has gotten a chance to prove otherwise. If Josh and Bill think he can be a similar player to Russell Wilson than I’m all for it.

As a fan its just hard because there will be some excellent positional players available that the Pats usually have no shot at. Where as qb is never a sure thing.

this scenario makes a lot of sense.

we trade up with the giants and bag waddle, then trade a second for jimmy.

if jimmy stays healthy, we are gold.
thats a big if

I’m glad they are doing their homework. Real or not, I like the fact they are there. I will say this though, We can suspect all we want but we just won’t know until he has gotten a chance to prove otherwise. If Josh and Bill think he can be a similar player to Russell Wilson than I’m all for it.

As a fan its just hard because there will be some excellent positional players available that the Pats usually have no shot at. Where as qb is never a sure thing.
I’m about A trade up for Chase or Waddle in the first and mond or Mills in the second or third.

I’m about A trade up for Chase or Waddle in the first and mond or Mills in the second or third.

I’m totally great with that. I’ve just been trying to cool my jets when it comes to decisions/drafts/FA made by the team. After many years I’ve finally learned they aren’t listening. Either way, I hope they get the right guy, whether its their next QB or some fantastic wr like Waddle, Chase or Slim (boney) Reaper. Maybe and elite lb to take over for HT one day soon like Parsons or Collins, franchise LT Slater, dont need him but he’s so hard to pass up. 2 or 3 great CB’s.

This draft is 40 deep in 1st round talent, some years your lucky if there is 10 or 15. Really pissed they stole 78 from Pats . Thats the sweet spot they could of used for Mond or Mills if they go BPA. 96 is too late.

Great
I’m totally great with that. I’ve just been trying to cool my jets when it comes to decisions/drafts/FA made by the team. After many years I’ve finally learned they aren’t listening. Either way, I hope they get the right guy, whether its their next QB or some fantastic wr like Waddle, Chase or Slim (boney) Reaper. Maybe and elite lb to take over for HT one day soon like Parsons or Collins, franchise LT Slater, dont need him but he’s so hard to pass up. 2 or 3 great CB’s.

This draft is 40 deep in 1st round talent, some years your lucky if there is 10 or 15. Really pissed they stole 78 from Pats . Thats the sweet spot they could of used for Mond or Mills if they go BPA. 96 is too late.
78 this year hurts than prior years.

Falcons are just hoping somebody acts stupid. Patriots have holes to fill. Offloading assets to get either Fields or Lance seems silly.

Falcons are just hoping somebody acts stupid. Patriots have holes to fill. Offloading assets to get either Fields or Lance seems silly.

if San Fran takes jones at 3, Atlanta could cash in big time!
Elway will do something stupid and send a ton of draft capital to Atlanta!

Jeez Deus I threw you a softball and you come up with that? Post salary cap it doesn’t matter, unless you have Brady you aren’t competing year in year out for a super bowl. Perhaps one could argue Pittsburg. But there is no one else.
I'm not sure what softball you claim to have been throwing, but your original question

How many teams, other than the Patriots, have consistently been a challenger for the Lombardi?

didn't involve any "post salary cap" aspect. Also, the reality is that adding that to the question doesn't really change the answer, as the answer is not "no one else".

And, yes, Pittsburgh was in it consistently, post salary cap, in the 2000s, as were the Colts.

If you like the QB, it's not silly.

you would think after last year people would get rid of this mindset that the patriots need to go cheap at QB. either via the draft or in paying one.

if you believe someone is "the guy" is 2 first rounders who could easily be Nkeal harry and dominique easely really that high of a price?

you would think after last year people would get rid of this mindset that the patriots need to go cheap at QB. either via the draft or in paying one.

if you believe someone is "the guy" is 2 first rounders who could easily be Nkeal harry and dominique easely really that high of a price?

The big question (which no one knows) is which QB prospects do the Patriots actually feel this way about?

It's easy to look at a situation like 2017. Patriots didn't make a first round pick that year, but the next year their two #1's were Michel and Wynn. Now, you would look back and say, "I would trade those two EASILY for Mahomes." But would you do the same for Trubisky, if he had been the one to fall to 10?

Or look at 2012, where you had Luck #1 and RGIII #2. Your two first rounders that year were Hightower and Jones. You'd make that swap for Luck, but not RGIII, again in hindsight.

It's easy to look at disappointing first round picks and wish you could have traded those for a player that turned out great, but it could just as easily go the other way. Sometimes you have to do that, it can be VERY worth the gamble, but there's that unknown factor always at play, and if the Patriots don't believe in the prospect, they shouldn't sell the farm for a shot in the dark.

No it isn't...If you really, Really, REALLY believe that someone is "the guy"....But there is absolutely No Way of knowing if someone is indeed that guy this year, the Worst Year Ever to fully evaluate college QBs...

No it isn't...If you really, Really, REALLY believe that someone is "the guy"....But there is absolutely No Way of knowing if someone is indeed that guy this year, the Worst Year Ever to fully evaluate college QBs...

I don't know if I'd call it impossible to identify a good QB in this draft, but there's definitely a bigger margin of error.

The thing that bothers me is the "draft a QB, any QB, I don't care which one as long as it's in the first round" mentality some have.

Falcons should draft that tight end Pitts without question.

Pats will need to out deal old nemesis Elway if they want to move up. Number 7 spot should do it. Do they have more draft capital than the Broncos?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back