Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Somebody substantiate it somehow.

I have a feeling I based my predict-the-score score with... the feeling is, the stiffs with whom we're familiar in the Pats' D are nowhere near as bad as they've played. The secondary alone, as a unit, is an improvement to middle-of-the-pack waiting to happen. Less sure (to say the least) about the backers, but I think - no, feel, for reasons unknown, regardless of Hightower's availability - that somehow they and the D line are going to have a good day.

My personal psychic connection to the football gods only extends this game, if it comes true. It feels like once they get a game in hand, the next one will still surprise them, regardless of opponent. That's my inner narrative, this team is slow to understand that every year's team is different. But for right now they're sick and tired of being slow and tired.

I have seen the future, and it is what we would now call a lights-out performance, regardless of what we'd call it in years past (though it would be pretty good.)

The D allows three FGs and a TD, total 16 points.

Total pipedream. Somebody fill it in with real knowledge. And/or, everybody laugh.

Weird. I have a feeling that your feelings are not as bad today as they were in the first three games. I just hope my feelings about your feelings are accurate.:)

Totally possible. I expect the defense to keep getting better. Maybe they need to "gel" more. I think injuries and guys being banged up in general have affected them too.

The saints defense just got a shut out, so anything is possible. Granted Miami looks lost on offense.
Yeah the Jay Cutler experiment is looking as dumb as most people thought it would be.

There's a lot of things that look, to me anyways, like blown coverages.

That is either an understanding issue or a freelancing issue. But I've ever heard BB say that he can't tell everything about a defense just from watching the tape. But I do know that we probably aren't calling for defenses that allow people to go uncovered like we saw.

Both freelancing or confusion are coachable if the player is willing or capable of grasping the concepts. Time will tell. Too many people rushing to write this defense off at the quarter mark but there's no doubt in my mind we'll be better by the midway mark. Games like today and last week won't be the norm.

.. the feeling is, the stiffs with whom we're familiar in the Pats' D are nowhere near as bad as they've played.

You mean that they're not the worst in the NFL, and among the worst defense of all times. Yes, you are correct.

OMG we're playing .500 ball. It's the worst thing that ever happened :)

Crappy D at least allows us to see what a kale shake or two can do for a 40 yr old qb.

There's a lot of things that look, to me anyways, like blown coverages.

That is either an understanding issue or a freelancing issue. But I've ever heard BB say that he can't tell everything about a defense just from watching the tape. But I do know that we probably aren't calling for defenses that allow people to go uncovered like we saw.

Both freelancing or confusion are coachable if the player is willing or capable of grasping the concepts. Time will tell. Too many people rushing to write this defense off at the quarter mark but there's no doubt in my mind we'll be better by the midway mark. Games like today and last week won't be the norm.

Everything communication-based and knowledge-based is fixable (barring guys just never getting it, which does, regrettably, happen.)

I am sure the dolphins and jay cutler would love to see our defense right now. It would be their resurrection.
Dude you need to take a few days off of football. You are acting like a douche. Stop posting and watch the game Thursday.

Dude you need to take a few days off of football. You are acting like a douche. Stop posting and watch the game Thursday.

They stink! Why don't you at least admit that and quit seeing everything like the sky's blue!

They stink! Why don't you at least admit that and quit seeing everything like the sky's blue!
jLQJT0t.gif

I see a team that is 2-2.
I see SB winning talent. I see the GOAT QB and the GOAT coach.
I realize that football teams sometimes look bad and then get it fixed.
I realize that what I say is meaningless to what is going to happen.

I like this team and these players and I'm not going to run around crying like a little baby when they struggle and then act like I think they are the greatest and love them when they turn around and win.

If you want to write off this team go ahead. But don't come back revelling in the success that you wrote off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a team that is 2-2.
I see SB winning talent. I see the GOAT QB and the GOAT coach.
I realize that football teams sometimes look bad and then get it fixed.
I realize that what I say is meaningless to what is going to happen.

I like this team and these players and I'm not going to run around crying like a little baby when they struggle and then act like I think they are the greatest and love them when they turn around and win.

If you want to write off this team go ahead. But don't come back revellibg in the success that you wrote off.

Who says I am writing them off? There's so much brady can do. He has carried bad defenses before and he will have to do it again. Can I see the defense getting better? Yes but not by much. This offense will have to outscore their opponents and hope the defense can bend but don't break.

Who says I am writing them off? There's so much brady can do. He has carried bad defenses before and he will have to do it again. Can I see the defense getting better? Yes but not by much. This offense will have to outscore their opponents and hope the defense can bend but don't break.
Oh brother.
I will just put you on ignore that way I can go in believing there aren't fans like you.

jLQJT0t.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference