PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
What befuddles me is if Aaron was involved in the killings then why wouldn't they take the body far away from his residence and dump the body into the Atlantic Ocean?........why would he allow the dumping of the victim so close to his home and send police right to his door?

I don't care how high Aaron might have been that night...is he really that stupid?

This case is far from over,it's a nightmare as a Pats fan to endure and even more...as a Hernandez fan whose talents were a pleasure to watch on the field.

What befuddles me is if Aaron was involved in the killings then why wouldn't they take the body far away from his residence and dump the body into the Atlantic Ocean?........why would he allow the dumping of the victim so close to his home and send police right to his door?

I don't care how high Aaron might have been that night...is he really that stupid?

This case is far from over,it's a nightmare as a Pats fan to endure and even more...as a Hernandez fan whose talents were a pleasure to watch on the field.

Everything is speculative at this point. One could even argue that the original scene of the crime is actually in that clearing only a mile from his house. Either way, it all leads back to total stupidity on Hernandez's part, unless we're all being led down a completely wrong path right now and he's totally innocent of everything somehow.

I woke up thinking that the worst case scenario would be an assault on his character and bad things about his life coming up (drug use, guns, hanging out with someone who was a murderer). Now I'm actually going to bed thinking that it the BEST case scenario.

Everything is speculative at this point. One could even argue that the original scene of the crime is actually in that clearing only a mile from his house. Either way, it all leads back to total stupidity on Hernandez's part, unless we're all being led down a completely wrong path right now and he's totally innocent of everything somehow.

I woke up thinking that the worst case scenario would be an assault on his character and bad things about his life coming up (drug use, guns, hanging out with someone who was a murderer). Now I'm actually going to bed thinking that it the BEST case scenario.
The dumbest word in any case is speculation. I don't bother forming an opinion until I've allowed everything to unfold. It's really the only way to gather an informed opinion.

Actually, Miguel explained this in detail, although it involves about 5 pages of the CBA that I cannot understand myself.

There is indeed a clause that they may be able to take advantage of.

supafly:

Miguel posted the most relevant paragraph in the other thread.

In any case, as I noted above, the big question is whether the Patriots inserted a clause in Hernandez's contract allowing them to recoup his bonus money if he is, for lack of a better term, "separated from the team" for any reason. That clause, AFAIK, is NOT part of the standard contract.

[As a side note: such clauses cannot cover suspensions related to the NFL's drug policy.]

What a d***. Don't need thugs like this on the team. If reports are true this is the 2nd shooting he's been involved in which tells me the guy has poor judgment and a very serious lack of respect for human life. Accident or not if there was any shrivel of decency in Hernandez, he would of reported it to the police. Probably protecting his "homie".

Clearly the report for the lawsuit in Florida is BOGUS. Anyone with half a brain can see that it is a shakedown. Or did you miss the part where the "victim" made the claim that he didn't know the person who shot him when Police asked him. THAT is what is in the Police Report.

People in here are so quick to think the worst of Patriots Players it's friggin disgusting. For all we know, Hernandez took Lloyd where Lloyd wanted to go, dropped him off and went home. But, yeah, let's jump to all sorts of irrational assumptions and convict Hernandez without any evidence. THAT is what is disgusting about this board.

How did "nothing happen in the first shooting?"

He was with his supposed "buddy," who clearly felt that Hernandez would pay for all of the damage and then some. The victim clammed up and didn't rat him out. Who knows what Hernandez promised him in the heat of the moment? That is the 100% reason why no charges were filed. You can't file charges with an uncooperative victim over a gunshot, at least in 9/10 cases.

At any rate, it certainly doesn't mean that "nothing happened."

Sorry, Supafly, but Hernandez can't be held accountable for that when the "victim" claimed that he didn't know who did it in the Police Statement. In fact, Hernandez wasn't listed as even being a witness. But, yeah.. go with what you said.. :rolleyes:

Small comfort given the fact that here we have two situations that we know of where this complete idiot has gotten himself into situations where someone ended up shot. Doesn't inspire confidence no matter how you slice it. He clearly has zero good judgment and the addition of loads of money has made it worse, as it so often does.

Get off your high horse. You don't know squat about either situation. You have media reported supposition with no actual fact. SHEESH.

I am going to ask for the sake of asking what you guys think - What do you think is on the video surveillance at Aaron's house?

If you had to guess, what do you think the police are going to see on all of the video that is over there?

Wouldn't you think if someone was shot, there would be a criminal investigation, police records showing the shot and a case. It was dismissed. So clearly he wasn't shot.

You're wrong. The "victim" was shot, but he could not identify who it was that shot him to police. NOW, he's saying it was Ahern who actually pulled the trigger. That won't fly..

The dumbest word in any case is speculation. I don't bother forming an opinion until I've allowed everything to unfold. It's really the only way to gather an informed opinion.

Agreed. There's all sorts of morons posting on this thread, especially those who are already convinced that Hernandez is guilty, and can't wait to punish him. I hope they all rot away inside from their malicious gossip.

We don't know the truth. We don't know what happened. The stalkerazzi are out in force and the press are like sharks at a feeding frenzy, ready to jump on any salacious tidbit. To h3ll with all of them.

there's a very real possibility that the reports being floated by the police are intentionally false. It's been done before and will be done again. It's a way of flushing out more info, to see who starts talking, who takes a bus out of town, etc.

As I said, we don't know the truth, and until that comes out we all ought to follow the "innocent until proven guilty" idea. I always thought that NE Patriots fans, at least the ones on this board, were better than gossipy old chicken littles. It appears I may have to rethink that concept.

Best of luck to Aaron, and may the truth prevail.

You're wrong. The "victim" was shot, but he could not identify who it was that shot him to police. NOW, he's saying it was Ahern who actually pulled the trigger. That won't fly..

I was responding to the exact same comment when I said that it certainly doesn't mean that "there wasn't a shooting," so please stop with the personal attacks and eye rolling.

You can continue to believe that Hernandez had nothing to do with the instance, but it's also reasonable to believe otherwise.

Different people have different opinions, so you have to respect both sides.

I agree with you that the victim now changing his story won't help his civil case, but that hardly equates to Hernandez automatically being innocent of shooting him also. There will certainly be plenty of other evidence that he'll present, so we'll have to see how it shakes out.

People in here are so quick to think the worst of Patriots Players it's friggin disgusting. For all we know, Hernandez took Lloyd where Lloyd wanted to go, dropped him off and went home. But, yeah, let's jump to all sorts of irrational assumptions and convict Hernandez without any evidence. THAT is what is disgusting about this board.

It may well be that Hernandez was the designated driver for them. None of us knows and we won't know for quite some time.

supafly:

Miguel posted the most relevant paragraph in the other thread.

In any case, as I noted above, the big question is whether the Patriots inserted a clause in Hernandez's contract allowing them to recoup his bonus money if he is, for lack of a better term, "separated from the team" for any reason. That clause, AFAIK, is NOT part of the standard contract.

[As a side note: such clauses cannot cover suspensions related to the NFL's drug policy.]

Your opinion is much more informative that most others involving contractual issues, so I'd imagine that you know a ton about it.

My opinion is that there very well could possibly be some kind of "out," especially since they were very leery about him coming into his rookie contract where they made about 50% of his bonuses related to incentives as a carrot stick routine.

Now...whether that means anything 2 yrs later will remain to be seen, and I'd imagine that the odds are certainly not great, but there may be something. They are some pretty smart fellas over there ;)

Hmm.. So, one report mentions a Chrysler 300 and another one mentions a Chevy Suburban. And even Fox25 mentions the Suburban in a different article..

Odin Lloyd Found Dead Near Aaron Herandez' Home, Was Homicide Victim: Prosecutor

SI: Pats' TE Hernandez questioned in death investigation - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Sports Illustrated reported that the link between Hernandez and the case was a rented Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island plates that police had been searching for.

Gotta love the media and their "facts"...

In the majority of life events I would certainly agree with you. In this instance it appears that Hernandez was involved in some shady doings. Like I said, there's always the possibility that all of the reports could be leading us down an incorrect path, but often times where there's smoke there's also fire...sometimes not, so your approach is probably the best one to take.

Personally, I am preparing myself for the worst at this moment, but that's probably some sort of defense mechanism since I have obvious feelings towards the outcome.

Even if Hernandez had absolutely nothing to do with this man's death, the likelihood that Hernandez either knew about the drug deal or was part of it are EXTREMELY HIGH.

You don't just drop a guy off between 10-11 pm in the middle of nowhere without knowing why.

Could you show me where Hernandez has said ANYTHING?? No. You can't. And it's an assumption on your part that Lloyd was killed in a drug deal gone bad. For all we know, Lloyd asked to be dropped off there for some reason, Hernandez has told the police that reason, and that's it.

Goodell isn't going to need a jury in order to ban him from the NFL if Hernandez was part of a drug deal gone wrong. Either way, Hernandez's career is likely over.

People want to believe that Ahern is completely innocent here, its time for you to face reality, all signs point to ****ed.

No. Only to people who insist on speculating without having a single fact other than Lloyd is dead and that he was last seen with Ahern and two others heading out for the night. That is all the information you have. Ahern hasn't been arrested. They would have, most definitely, done gun shot residue testing on his clothes and it doesn't take that long for the results to come back. And, well, last I looked, Ahern hasn't been arrested yet.

In the majority of life events I would certainly agree with you. In this instance it appears that Hernandez was involved in some shady doings. Like I said, there's always the possibility that all of the reports could be leading us down an incorrect path, but often times where there's smoke there's also fire...sometimes not, so your approach is probably the best one to take.

Personally, I am preparing myself for the worst at this moment, but that's probably some sort of defense mechanism since I have obvious feelings towards the outcome.

How does it "appear that Hernandez was involved in some shady doings"? Because all we have is PURE SPECULATION of the fans based on the fact that Odin Lloyd was murdered for some unknown reason and that he had gone out with Hernandez and two other friends that night.

That's ALL we have. It's standard procedure for the police to search the houses of the people who are last thought to have seen a victim. We have no idea what Hernandez's statement was to the cops. But they still need to verify it to rule him out. It's SOP. Yet, it seems that everyone and their brother has already convicted Ahern regardless of the lack of facts.

Hernandez is a moron. If anyone doesn't see that now they are blind. Unfortunate for the team but he deserves whatever might come to him.

*Waiting to be lambasted for 'jumping to conclusions'*

Could you show me where Hernandez has said ANYTHING?? No. You can't. And it's an assumption on your part that Lloyd was killed in a drug deal gone bad. For all we know, Lloyd asked to be dropped off there for some reason, Hernandez has told the police that reason, and that's it.

No. Only to people who insist on speculating without having a single fact other than Lloyd is dead and that he was last seen with Ahern and two others heading out for the night. That is all the information you have. Ahern hasn't been arrested. They would have, most definitely, done gun shot residue testing on his clothes and it doesn't take that long for the results to come back. And, well, last I looked, Ahern hasn't been arrested yet.

Realizing that this response was not directed at me, I think we all respect your opinion about the facts and potential outcome of the case, DaBruinz.

That said, some are believing that a plethora of media reports from reputable sources including up to the minute tweets and updates about his involvement may lead to a poor outcome--so you kind of have to see that side too.

I think it comes down to the old glass half full/half empty analogy. In about 90% of Pats related cases I see the glass half full, especially when Belichick's decisions are questioned. In this instance I personally don't feel as comfortable about feeling too positive based on what we already know. Like I said, that very well may be due to just having so much personal interest at stake so that I don't want to be disappointed when what I fear will happen, actually happens tomorrow or Friday.

Hopefully you are correct about everything. There is a decent chance that the truth may lie in the middle and he could be guilty, just not of such a serious charge. There's also the possibility that he's completely innocent, but when so many things point in one direction it's sometimes hard to completely ignore those facts.

This thread is an excellent example of what happens when every1 pretends to be a detective with access to surveillance tapes and forensic evidence. I said pretend because in reality every1 is operating with limited information.

We'll know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe