PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ex NFL RB charged with first-degree Murder of 5 year old girl

While the situation sounds awful and tragic, he was on our practice squad for two months. I don't know if I'd lead with "former Patriots RB" even if it's technically true.

This stuff is so awful.

And of course, the real story is that the Pats had him on their practice squad for two months and were not able to diagnose this character problem and fix it. Fines and draft picks, at a minimum.

Bad stuff. Especially with innocent children.

He spent time with Houston, Buffalo and was last released by the CFL, but, you betcha, former New England rb gets the title. Congrats tirds for using the Patriots to get more promotion and spin for a sad story that deserves better sympathy than what you gave.

While the situation sounds awful and tragic, he was on our practice squad for two months. I don't know if I'd lead with "former Patriots RB" even if it's technically true.
Agreed, that's quite a reach for the identifying connection. He went to Notre Dame and most recently played for two CFL teams after NFL stints including Houston, Baltimore, Seattle and Buffalo.

Local outlet notes local tie in a murder case. Why is anyone complaining about that?

Local outlet notes local tie in a murder case. Why is anyone complaining about that?
One could legitimately say "Former kindergartener charged with first degree murder of 5 year girl."

One could legitimately say "Former kindergartener charged with first degree murder of 5 year girl."

Facepalm.gif

Yes, because there's only the one kindergarten in New England, and it's a name draw to millions in the area.

I don't even care that he is being listed as a Patriot all I care about is the poor girl and anyone who cared and is hurt by this terrible act.

Was also on the Bills, Seahawks, Ravens and Texans for short stints. So, yeah.

I just hope this isn't used to score points by fans when what we should do is focus on how sad the whole thing is.

I don't remember the guy but I looked him up.

Wood spent 4 YEARS with Notre Dame

He was drafted by the Texans and released 6 MONTHS later.

The Pats signed him to the PS and released him in 7 WEEKS

The Ravens signed him and released him in 7 MONTHS.

Seattle Signed him in 2014 for 9 MONTHS

The Bills signed him in 2015 for 5 MONTHS

He signed with Hamilton of the CFL and was traded to Montreal and released 14 MONTHS later.

Yup, he's a former Patriot.

I don't remember the guy but I looked him up.

Wood spent 4 YEARS with Notre Dame

He was drafted by the Texans and released 6 MONTHS later.

The Pats signed him to the PS and released him in 7 WEEKS

The Ravens signed him and released him in 7 MONTHS.

Seattle Signed him in 2014 for 9 MONTHS

The Bills signed him in 2015 for 5 MONTHS

He signed with Hamilton of the CFL and was traded to Montreal and released 14 MONTHS later.

Yup, he's a former Patriot.
See @ChrisR2223 post above. All your words here are meaningless.

He and his girlfriend were charged ... how tragic for that girl.

See @ChrisR2223 post above. All your words here are meaningless.

The thread really doesn't belong here in the football forum in the first place, but there are others making the same point. Feel free to put my meaningless words on ignore if it will make you feel better.

Agree.

I just googled 'Cierre Wood' and all I am seeing is 'former Notre Dame' and 'former Notre Dame & NFL' in the headline.

The first Pats mention is on page 3 of a search - a press release from 2013 on Patriots.com announcing that he was cut and Sam McGuffie was signed to the practice squad.

Other than that the only teams mentioned in the first five pages were the Bills and Texans.

He and his girlfriend were charged ... how tragic for that girl.
Put a plastic bag over their heads. Save everyone time and money.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back