PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ex-GM Mike Tannenbaum confirms rumor that Jets scout lobbied for Tom Brady in 2000 NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, he was a warrior. Played through injury. No matter how crappy the team.
I'm glad the Pats got Tommy, but Chad is worthy of our respect.

I liked Pennington and felt some sympathy for him when he ended up on the Jete. Back when he became available I was pushing for him to come to the Pats as Tom's backup. Had he done that (not much chance) he would have been here instead of Cassel in 2008.

While I do believe this, as this rumor's been around before. The question I have is going to be how many teams/owners/gms are going to come out now and say they wanted him back in the day?

I saw him first, he's mine. I'm smarter than everyone else. I knew he'd be great.

Everyone passed, including Bill. No one knew chit.

**** Rehbein (RIP) knew Brady and managed to get his point across to Bill.

Let’s be real, the Patriots didn’t even want Brady enough to pick him before the second to last round when you are essentially throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks. This isn’t a guy like Rodgers who fell but still was picked high so that one pass on him cost you him. Every team had multiple less risky picks to go get him if they wanted him

**** Rehbein (RIP) knew Brady and managed to get his point across to Bill.
That's true. My only point is that these guys will want to have a little revisionist history. If they all thought he was going to be the GOAT... oh never mind, you already know. :)

I am still holding out hope for Michael Bishop. ;)

That's true. My only point is that these guys will want to have a little revisionist history. If they all thought he was going to be the GOAT... oh never mind, you already know. :)

It's pretty clear that nobody was interested in him, even though there's plenty of blowhards who now claim they were interested, even though the Pats were the only team to call the Michigan coach and ask about him.

What makes the Rehbein story so great is that he saw that Tom was special, not just that he would make it. His words were something along the line of "some day everyone will know his name."

Oh, look, another thread about their ex-starting QB. upload_2020-4-17_12-53-12.gif

Wouldn't every team have some bit of scouting and ranking for 100 or more potential players each draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back