PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 2019 will be the last season for the TB/BB combo. My guess is Tom retires at the end of the 2019 season or possibly plays 1 more year for another team. I have no idea what Bill is planning. Your guess is as good as mine.

So that means the Pats should draft the best QB they can find in this years draft and cross our collective fingers that he develops into the next guy.

Hot take- Patriots will make playoffs in 2018 and 2019 but are a wild card team in 2019 and Brady finally starts to show major decline. The Pats finally move on to the next guy in the 2020 season. Brady will be 43 years old by then. HOF GOAT finally hangs em up. Breaking just about every record imaginable.

Because Gurrero himself isn't there? I don't buy that. His business is still in Patriot place.

Last year Brady was suspended, the year before that drama about football pressure, a few years ago Gronk drama, Moss drama. Supposedly in 2006 Brady was mad about Deion Branch. Hell there was even a brief Cassel is QB of the future talk.

It's something every year, if anything this year is notable for the lack of drama.
Think about it. Brady's first "stand alone venture " is now unwelcome within the halls of the most successful sports operation in decades. The most successful coach in our generation banished Brady's company. Belichick considers their business to be unnecessary and a disruptive force. He lets Brady's BFF in only because of "special circumstances."
Look at this year from Brady "the businessman's" perspective. He launched his product nationally via his book. He's promoting his brand with total commitment. And it is my understanding that the plan is to open TB12 Sports facilities nationally (franchise?) and it would make sense to open franchises by professional teams. How's their public relations going. Word of mouth from athletes is positive...yet the media-local and national- have lampooned the non-science approach of Guru Guerrero...mocking it. Hence the Guerrero open letter. The Patriots issues are now a public discussion.
Brady the businessman can't be happy with the fallout. Positivity is not really a business model.
Yeah..no tension :)
Drama free

Think about it. Brady's first "stand alone venture " is now unwelcome within the halls of the most successful sports operation in decades. The most successful coach in our generation banished Brady's company. Belichick considers their business to be unnecessary and a disruptive force. He lets Brady's BFF in only because of "special circumstances."
Look at this year from Brady "the businessman's" perspective. He launched his product nationally via his book. He's promoting his brand with total commitment. And it is my understanding that the plan is to open TB12 Sports facilities nationally (franchise?) and it would make sense to open franchises by professional teams. How's their public relations going. Word of mouth from athletes is positive...yet the media-local and national- have lampooned the non-science approach of Guru Guerrero...mocking it. Hence the Guerrero open letter. The Patriots issues are now a public discussion.
Brady the businessman can't be happy with the fallout. Positivity is not really a business model.
Drama free
If you think Tom was gullible to the fact AG has a bad rep and his coach and the training and medical staff weren't skeptical since Day 1 I have a bridge to sell you.

It's not like they said AG is awesome then did an about face

I think 2019 will be the last season for the TB/BB combo. My guess is Tom retires at the end of the 2019 season or possibly plays 1 more year for another team. I have no idea what Bill is planning. Your guess is as good as mine.

So that means the Pats should draft the best QB they can find in this years draft and cross our collective fingers that he develops into the next guy.

Hot take- Patriots will make playoffs in 2018 and 2019 but are a wild card team in 2019 and Brady finally starts to show major decline. The Pats finally move on to the next guy in the 2020 season. Brady will be 43 years old by then. HOF GOAT finally hangs em up. Breaking just about every record imaginable.

I see BB coaching for awhile post Brady to keep/get things in order, trust me BB is not retiring with Brady, the biggest challenge is hoping the next QB can keep the ball rolling even if not as much as GOAT to where players/Vets would still want to take a hometown discount/take a pay cut to compete for a Super Bowl thats the biggest concern of all and thats been our biggest advantage besides having BB & Brady imo considering the cap and the average player wanting to hit the jackpot

Drama free
Belichick didn't banish Brady's company. TB12 sports is still in Patriot Place open to anyone including other players and Guerrero still has an office at Gilette. I doubt any other players have such support for their outside business ventures. Guerrero just doesn't travel with the team or act as Patriot medical staff. So instead of Brady getting vastly more special privileges than everyone else he just gets slightly more.

I don't think the Pats saying "we won't allow your buddy to travel with the team" is some major rift. It strikes me more as a typical business decision. Yeah Brady might have preferred his guy be there, just like he probably preferred Deion Branch and Logan Mankins stay. He probably disagrees with all sorts of internal policies at his job just as we all do in life, but respects his boss and moves on with life.

We should all do the same.

Belichick didn't banish Brady's company. TB12 sports is still in Patriot Place open to anyone including other players and Guerrero still has an office at Gilette. I doubt any other players have such support for their outside business ventures. Guerrero just doesn't travel with the team or act as Patriot medical staff. So instead of Brady getting vastly more special privileges than everyone else he just gets slightly more.

I don't think the Pats saying "we won't allow your buddy to travel with the team" is some major rift. It strikes me more as a typical business decision. Yeah Brady might have preferred his guy be there, just like he probably preferred Deion Branch and Logan Mankins stay. He probably disagrees with all sorts of internal policies at his job just as we all do in life, but respects his boss and moves on with life.

We should all do the same.
Whichever hasselbeck was in ESPN this morning said Brady/Guerrero is no different than any other QBs in the nfl. Everyone he knows has his own Guerrero.

I see BB coaching for awhile post Brady to keep/get things in order, trust me BB is not retiring with Brady, the biggest challenge is hoping the next QB can keep the ball rolling even if not as much as GOAT to where players/Vets would still want to take a hometown discount/take a pay cut to compete for a Super Bowl thats the biggest concern of all and thats been our biggest advantage besides having BB & Brady imo considering the cap and the average player wanting to hit the jackpot
I’m not sure that B.B. will feel the need to stay beyond brady as an obligation to lead the post brady era but I am pretty sure that he takes leaving things in good shape when he goes very seriously.
I think if the truth were told he would think parcells did the wrong thing by leaving every place he was a mess.

I’m not sure that B.B. will feel the need to stay beyond brady as an obligation to lead the post brady era but I am pretty sure that he takes leaving things in good shape when he goes very seriously.
I think if the truth were told he would think parcells did the wrong thing by leaving every place he was a mess.

I still think he wants a shot a winning a Super Bowl without Brady so that could be another motivator to stick around and Shula's record

I still think he wants a shot a winning a Super Bowl without Brady so that could be another motivator to stick around and Shula's record
It’s doubtful that he catches Don Shula’s record for wins. I don’t see that as being very realistic. How many does he need?

It’s doubtful that he catches Don Shula’s record for wins. I don’t see that as being very realistic. How many does he need?

Shula has 347 overall and Belichick has 276

Belichick needs 71 more wins to past Shula's overall wins

Shula has 347 overall and Belichick has 276
Hard to imagine him hitting that mark. I don’t think we can assume that there are going to continue to be 12 win seasons after maybe the next couple of years, and even if there were it would mean that he’d be coaching into his 70s. I guess anything is possible, but I’m skeptical that he’ll be around that long.

Hard to imagine him hitting that mark. I don’t think we can assume that there are going to continue to be 12 win seasons after maybe the next couple of years, and even if there were it would mean that he’d be coaching into his 70s. I guess anything is possible, but I’m skeptical that he’ll be around that long.

If he wins atleast 12 games for the next 6 years he'll past it not including potential playoffs wins from here on out (12x6=72)

If he wins atleast 12 games for the next 6 years he'll past it not including potential playoffs wins from here on out (12x6=72)
I understand. I just have a bit of a different opinion about him 1) coaching 6 more years and 2) assuming 12 win seasons, post-Tom Brady.

I understand. I just have a bit of a different opinion about him 1) coaching 6 more years and 2) assuming 12 win seasons, post-Tom Brady.

Yea could be tuff post Brady depending on who the QB is

Whichever hasselbeck was in ESPN this morning said Brady/Guerrero is no different than any other QBs in the nfl. Everyone he knows has his own Guerrero.
Yeah, but the don't all sell Concussion Water, and Super Greens that cure cancer and AIDS.

Yeah, but the don't all sell Concussion Water, and Super Greens that cure cancer and AIDS.
Which has nothing to do with any of this.

The Guerrero situation alone has upped the tension level. BB essentially tossed TB12 Sports out of the building. Guerrero's "In my own words" letter was his attempt to defend / minimize damage to their business.
That is simply NOT true. Guerrero still treats Brady inside the building as if nothing has changed. No player has been discouraged from going to TB12, but only on their own time, and if their training staff tells you to do something you do it, and THEN you can go to Alex if you want.

Tempest in a teapot. All over the league there are "body men" who come in conflict with the in house training staff. Different teams handle it differently. Bill simply put Guerrero in his place. He isn't on the staff and shouldn't be giving out advise contrary to the people who ARE on the staff. He was simply told to cease and desist, and sent to sit in the corner for a bit. IMHO, it shouldn't have been much of story at all.

BTW- No one has been a more team oriented player that Tom Brady, especially for someone who is the GOAT. He allows himself to be coached hard, he takes reasonable deals that don't strap the team, etc. No one would understand more exactly WHY Bill did what he did, and why it HAD to be done for the good of the team.

That is why I fail to see the validity of the perception that Wiskersham is putting out that Brady has suddenly become a whining diva who is made that his binky isn't getting his ass kissed, and he didn't get a non-existent t-shirt award this week. :rolleyes: The historical facts just don't fit the speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents