PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest reason to see the fraud of this article is that he uses “belichick’s friends” as a source.
Anyone who believes a friend of belichick would talk to this guy much less anyone in the media about belichick s personal thoughts and feelings is beyond naive.
When have you EVER seen this kind of reporting on the inner workings at Gillette?? The same reporter did a spot on story exposing Alex Guerrero in October. Where do you think that story came from??
I thought FOB (friends of Bill) would be talking after the season. They've been talking all along (with Bill's blessing) and this piece is primarily their story.

*opens link*
*reads first two paragraphs*
How much longer is this and what point are they trying to make?
*scrolls down to see giant wall of text*
Yeah no thanks. I'd like to retain at least a few brains cells this morning.

Okay I just watched Wickersham go on "Golic and Wingo".

He kept saying “I think this” & “I think that”. Came across as blowing smoke. I say this, don’t tell me what you think, tell me what you know. He had no facts, only speculation on what he thought. Reminds me of Deflategate hype.

I wouldn't do it. That's what the editors at ESPN want. A response drives more eyes to their website. Let them die.

It's already the topic all over the country. BB giving one of his "Yeah, it's ********" responses would at least give us a nice comedy moment.

He kept saying “I think this” & “I think that”. Came across as blowing smoke. I say this, don’t tell me what you think, tell me what you know. He had no facts, only speculation on what he thought. Reminds me of Deflategate hype.

It's obviously a fictionalized account. The question is about just how much of what it's based upon is actually true.

Seriously! I want to know what person working for the Patriots thinks they're the Browns now. Like has he seen any football, ever? At any point?

I think the concern is that if Brady retires or falls apart or gets hurt, right now they'll be stuck throwing **** against the wall like RG3 or DeShone Kizer or Kevin Hogan and hoping something sticks. Brian Hoyer ain't winning any Super Bowls. I didn't read it that literally. It's a legitimate concern with Garoppolo gone.

I believe this article, for what it's worth. If you think you know anything about the people involved in this, you're crazy, but keep speculating away about what Belichick or Brady would or wouldn't do. It doesn't shock me that the greatest football player of all time is a giant dumb baby who believes in magic concussion water. I also really don't give a ****. None of these people are my friends or family. The only annoying thing is the Garoppolo trade because it affects my enjoyment.

Alot of bs in here. Making brady look like a whiny premadonna

Since when has brady declined to help his backups? Or hate taking criticism? Revis mentioned bill ripping into brady and him taking it as a way to show the rest of the team.

And wanting to be named patriots player of the week is hilarious. Yeah brady really cares about that. I didnt even know bill had pats player of the week. Unless they mean practice player which makes it even more ludicrous

Wanting people to call him sir and not letting jimmy into tb12? All reeks of fake news.

It's obviously a fictionalized account. The question is about just how much of what it's based upon is actually true.

This. Any time you're dealing with sources, there's always a portion of any account that's exaggerated. People have their own agendas and only see part of the story. That doesn't mean the phenomenon being described isn't true.

The only annoying thing is the Garoppolo trade because it affects my enjoyment.

The cool thing is that we rarely get 49'ers games broadcast on the east coast.

Next press conference:

Media: "Coach, any comment on the quotes by unnamed sources in the ESPN article?"

BB: "The quotes from our anonymous staffers and players were accurately captured."

(audible gasps in the audience)

Media: "So they are true?"

BB: "Oh, I didn't say that. Maybe they were just messing with Seth."

Media: "Are you saying your staffers and players are instructed to give out false info if approached by reporters to be unnamed sources for a story?"

BB: "We're on to the divisional round."

Media: "Coach?"

BB: "We're on to the divisional round."

Regards,
Chris

In my circle, guys all now in early to mid 40s, we HATED kraft for not letting Tuna pick the groceries...all season ticket holders too...and to add salt to the wound, the Pats and Bobby Grier got absolutely garbage for the multitude of picks they got for tuna
I'm in my mid-40s as well and I was absolutely pissed Tuna left but I was also pissed at Tuna for the way he shot himself out of town.

I am not going to read the article because we all know ESPN is garbage. Also, I am I the only one sick of hearing about Jimmy G? I hope he has a great career but after a few wins, the media is ready to vote him into Canton.

jermaine wiggins replied
Toucher and Rich‏ @Toucherandrich 1h1 hour ago
My sources inside the Patriots deny that Robert Kraft gave Bill Belichick an ultimatum to trade Jimmy Garoppolo, and there was no "half day meeting". I was told Belichick approached RKK with 49ers offer, RRK asked BB if he liked the deal, BB said yes, deal was done.

Yeah but this can’t be true .. some dude taking a **** in the bathroom at Gillette said we are the Browns. :(

I think the concern is that if Brady retires or falls apart or gets hurt, right now they'll be stuck throwing **** against the wall like RG3 or DeShone Kizer or Kevin Hogan and hoping something sticks. Brian Hoyer ain't winning any Super Bowls. I didn't read it that literally. It's a legitimate concern with Garoppolo gone.

I believe this article, for what it's worth. If you think you know anything about the people involved in this, you're crazy, but keep speculating away about what Belichick or Brady would or wouldn't do. It doesn't shock me that the greatest football player of all time is a giant dumb baby who believes in magic concussion water. I also really don't give a ****. None of these people are my friends or family. The only annoying thing is the Garoppolo trade because it affects my enjoyment.

You clearly don’t give a sh.t about journalistic standards either.

Here is the sausage being made:

• Take pre-existing rumor
  • Align with calendar event
  • Claim unnamed staff source is stunned
  • Speculate its part of a larger issue
  • Rinse, Repeat 15 times, take sum of 15 speculations and create an uber speculation
  • Submit to editor, watch page views roll in.

It's a legit concern but it would not automatically turn the team into the Browns, like that unnamed source believes. And do you not think that the organization cannot find someone else with a damn in the draft?

Why have so many people "connected" to the organization not give their name out? That is what concerns me.

Imagine spending the vast majority of 6,000 days with two other people and NOT having disagreements with them? Like folks here and elsewhere have said, they spend as much time together as they do with their families, in many cases more.

All these guys care about is winning. There will be disagreements but this whole piece is a big waste of time. Telling us stuff we have known either a month ago or years ago.

Who the hell is this Wickersham, and when did he become espn's resident expert on The Patriots?

My dad brought this up and is "concerned". I explained to him ESPN is desperate for ratings and clicks and the whole thing is probably bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down