PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone of you click on at click-bait link you're a ****ing idiot.

**** ESPN.

If you bothered to read any player interviews, you would know that he is super nice and friendly to everybody on the team.

Spare me. I have read all the articles stating Bradys a great teammate and even though I have no first hand knowledge I believe them to be true. How do you "Know" what happens in the Patriots locker room?

We were days away from finalizing our Disney trip for April. My wife after reading the story strongly suggested we switch it to Universal this year. Said the Mouse is dead to her until ESPN is jettisoned. Damn I'm lucky!

Yeah, it's just irresponsible journalism not to deal with that report. A lot of reporters could use some self-scouting.

Yeah, that “report“ has pulitzer written all over it.. C'mon, Deus..

While second part would certainly benefit some consumers (or even society) . ignoring self-scouting is what makes being a “reporter“ sustainable these days..

(just look at this thread f.e.)

Of course not - why would he? I don't think any coach would every openly admit that...?
So you are buying ESPN garbage and think he is lying?

The article was kind of hilarious. Any Harry Potter fans will recognize a distinct Rita Skeeter quality to it.

I love how the blow up to McDaniels is presented as a telling culmination of all the behind the scenes drama as if Brady didn’t have a much worse meltdown at Bill O’Brien years ago.

Garoppolo being locked out of the building at TB12 cracks me up. It’s inserted almost as an aside that he eventually did get treatment there. It’s all presented with an air of nefariousness, as if there was no other explanation other than TB was secretly pulling the strings and not letting JG sit at the cool kids lunch table.

The most disappointing part is that B.B. has become “good friends” with Roger Goodell? Barf.

The article is quite plausible and a lot of it makes a ton of sense. Folks have their head in the sand if you think Belichick broke with everything we know about him to trade Jimmy for pennies with no backup QB on the roster with a 40 year old starter.

Belichick always gets rid of guys early and likes to have a plan for the next guy up. This only makes sense,.

That must be why he scoffed at Lynch when he asked if he was interested in trading Brady.

This is the kind of garbage article that make me loathe sports "journalism". Whenever an article doesn't name anybody but rather operates on anonymous only and doesn't report on something that can be factually verified, but rather is written in a soap opera style, I can only shake my head.

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading it but three stupid points from it.
1)
>>>>>Brady's two-year contract, with a $28 million signing bonus, was designed to set up 2018 as a key year, when the team could, in theory, look at a 41-year-old Brady and his $22 million cap hit and decide if it made sense to transition to Garoppolo.<<<<<<
The only problem is that JAG would be gone by then unless he signed an extension so 2017 would have been a key year. Sucks when facts get in the way of a preconceived premise.

2)<<<< The Patriots repeatedly offered Garoppolo four-year contract extensions, in the $17 million to $18 million range annually that would go higher if and when he succeeded Brady. Garoppolo and Yee rejected the offers out of hand, for reasons that remain unclear, and the Patriots knew they couldn't make any promises to Garoppolo about the timing of a transition at quarterback without it getting back to Brad.>>>>>>>
He wants to start, not sit on the bench. How hard is that to understand?????

3) >>>>>Kraft has privately told associates he knew that he went too far in his attacks against the league. "I had to do it for the fans," he has told confidants.<<<<<

Too convenient of a quote. Do I really think that many people inside One Patriot Place and Kraft confidants are going to be blabbing to ESPN??? Not likely
Are there likely disagreements between, Kraft, Brady and Belichick?? Of course. Ask anybody who has been married for a long time if they had spats with their significant other?? Of course but I take anything from ESPN with a huge 5 pound sack of salt...
Typical hit piece but what would you expect from a network that is circling the drain, hemorrhaging viewers.

Well at least for the 1st time in weeks WEEI, Kirk and Callahan will talk about sports(Patriots) :rolleyes: o_O this morning .

After tuning in for 5 minutes I wish they weren't talking about sports. They're un-listenable. Had to turn it off until Shefter comes on in 30 minutes. Interested to get his take.

This is not a hit piece on the Patriots - it is a hit piece on Brady. Someone has an axe to grind, and I would not be surprised if someone got paid.

This is the kind of garbage article that make me loathe sports "journalism". Whenever an article doesn't name anybody but rather operates on anonymous only and doesn't report on something that can be factually verified, but rather is written in a soap opera style, I can only shake my head.

There are times when you can only get anonymous sources, and I can accept that, as long as due diligence was done, the difficulties are acknowledged, and admissions of possible problems are made. However, using anonymous sources to do things like coming to the conclusion that a talk and hug on one day is the reason for happiness days later, when you've got nothing remotely concrete to support that claim, is journalistic malpractice. As for this:

The two quarterbacks were friendly, but Brady -- like Joe Montana to Steve Young and Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers -- didn't see it as his role to advise Garoppolo, even on matters as trivial as footwork, as nobody had helped him during his climb. Garoppolo played well in 2016, starting in place of the suspended Brady, and Belichick began to see Garoppolo as the final piece of his legacy, to walk away in a few years with the Patriots secure at quarterback. But after Garoppolo was knocked out of his second start with a shoulder injury, he set up a visit at TB12. As he later told Patriots staffers, when he arrived, the door was locked. He knocked; nobody was there. He called TB12 trainers but nobody answered. He couldn't believe it, Garopollo told the staffers, and that night ended up visiting team trainers instead. Guerrero vehemently denies ever refusing to see any player, and Garoppolo was eventually treated at TB12 -- but it was two weeks after he showed up for his original appointment, and only after a high-ranking Patriots staffer called TB12 to inquire why Garoppolo hadn't been admitted.

Building up the sinister angle of a guy who can't get into a building, without reporting on whether or not others could still get in, or getting any relevant comment (or "no comment") about that specific incident from one of the parties involved, and with only a late mention of the fact that he got in later, is lazy reporting at best.

Its funny he notes "No one knows what belichick is thinking" in many ways , many times still he reaches for all these conjectures.

The article is so garbage that the comments section is disabled. Enough said.

We are on to bye week, 1st seed baby

The comment section would have been disabled to prevent Patriot fans from weighing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots