PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
and RGIII too. But, yes, he could be Drew Brees.

Which do you think is more common, a Drew Brees career or a Foles/Kaep/RGIII career?

If I were betting my mortgage on it, I know which way I'd go. I hope I am wrong, 'cause I like Jimmy.
And betting tom Brady may be riskier than betting your mortgage.

Bill’s, but probably Tom’s too.
Thats not feather ruffling. What happened was an operational complexity that caused consternation and indecison that needed to be recalibrated and resolved.

Respect but I think you and others are being too scrutinizing over the presser.

Quite frankly, I would have loved....

"Once again, ESPN has authored a baseless, factually inaccurate article about of our franchise, our coaches and our players. Since 2000, Bill, Tom and I have won 5 Super Bowls and we look forward to winning many more together.".

<mike drop>
I completely agree. I'm comfortable with your version or either of mine.

It’s a planned strategy to throw the Patriots off heading into the run for the SB. Similar to Tomasi’s case/lie

That BB was trying to keep him suggests otherwise.

He was trying to keep both, based on the report that he was trying to sign Jimmy to a contract that had playing time escalators. Meaning, he thought Brady was still better than Jimmy.

and RGIII too. But, yes, he could be Drew Brees.

Which do you think is more common, a Drew Brees career or a Foles/Kaep/RGIII career?

If I were betting my mortgage on it, I know which way I'd go. I hope I am wrong, 'cause I like Jimmy.
What about a Matt Ryan or Tony Romo type of career? Not Hall of Fame worthy like Brees (barring a major push by Ryan), but not a complete bust either. Just a very very solid, franchise QB type of career. Would and should that still sting the Pats?

"Bob, Bill and Tom have worked together for 18 years as one of the most successful partnerships in the history of global Professional Sports. As is the case with every successful partnership, they don't always agree on everything, but, at the end of the day, they stand together and work together and will continue to stand and work together as they carry on the work of building the Greatest Dynasty in NFL history. Anyone who suggests otherwise is seriously misinformed. We will have no further comment on this article or this matter."

That's a much better statement that the weak sauce they put out there. The "opportunity to continue to work together" clause was bizarre, too.

Kraft and/or his PR staff are just weird sometimes. Like when before the 2015 opener when we were waiting to see how Berman ruled, Kraft was interviewed and said "Well, I hope that any player who deserves to play will play."

I don't understand their insistence on hedging and qualifying when there is (a) no need for it, and (b) makes them look bad. It happens over and over again.

It’s a planned strategy to throw the Patriots off heading into the run for the SB. Similar to Tomasi’s case/lie

sadly though people always believe the lie...like the 11/12 footballs. No one reads the retraction days or months later.

There is no doubt that the alex guerrero thing has ruffled his feathers a bit.

Agree. That’s the only part of this entire discussion that has any validity. Guerrero is no longer on the sidelines so it has credence. Everything that has been built up around is totally lacking in any credibility at all.

Anything that doesn’t fit our idealistic viewpoint of BB and Brady is fake news!!!

Some of you are why we are hated so bad as a fan base.

if jimmy felt slighted or disrespected by the organization, i'm sure he will let people know directly not this "sources say" crap

I dunno. Reads like something that Jonathan and Robert put together after a couple of scotches.
It was absolutely cobbled together and reviewed in all about 15 minutes over an email and a couple of phone calls. Then it went to PR & Legal for a final review.

aaaand another piece of the story is discredited...but ESPN doesnt care. they put the story out there. no one reads the retractions. Fans of other teams will just read how Brady is in the back locking the door for Jimmy g so he ant get in.

So wait, is there ANY part of the story that HASN’T been debunked yet?

Anything that doesn’t fit our idealistic viewpoint of BB and Brady is fake news!!!

What is your point with that post?

This is a Patriots Fan Board y'know. Are you trying to enlighten us? You think your objectivity is what makes you a better Pats fan?

Spare me

Stay one day away and the sky is falling

You have to be pretty naive, at best, to believe ESPN though

Whats really remarkable to me is how many “Patriot fans” want this to be true, want Brady to suck, want Belichick to quit, and want Garrapolo and the 49ers to be one great. To me that makes them 49er fans and Garrapolo sycophants and not Patriot fans.

not bad to have a higher qb rating than the presumptive MVP for 1/3 of the season

with worse talent around him.....and lesser coaching.....and a new system

but your point about foles and kaep is valid

next year will be the real comparison......looking forward to it

Hypothetically, if I told you a 6th round pick would get at least 1 Super Bowl for the team and you could choose him, or either of 2 #1 overall picks at qb,would you take the sure superbowl QB?

Only counting Patriots, you could have had that choice. Plunkett and Bledsoe were #1 overall, neither won a SB [for the Pats].

I get your point, but... almost every piece of this story has been systematically discredited by local reports who actually cover the team and even the NFL itself... so this is actually literally wading into “fake news” territory.

What about a Matt Ryan or Tony Romo type of career? Not Hall of Fame worthy like Brees (barring a major push by Ryan), but not a complete bust either. Just a very very solid, franchise QB type of career. Would and should that still sting the Pats?

i think thats a possibility. But if the pats win another superbowl or two..I dont think it stings.

one thing is for sure, pats need to hit on a young QB this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes