PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll only find out if it's really the hit piece that we all assume it is or not after the season because if it's true Belichick will be gone if his hands were forced by Kraft and Brady.

Surely itll be loaded w unnamed sources, people familiar with kraft, with Brady, or belichick...just like everything else we see in NYT, Wapo, Newsweek etc.... All fake news

I agree.

The thought of it disgusts me. Having said that : those three guys have been brilliant in their roles in terms of success. The Beatles had the same problem.

I’m on team BB.

Huh?

Ignore the man in the room!

But honestly, can anyone give me a scenario the patriots keep Jimmy without

A. paying 45-50$ to one position
B. trading Brady.

This is the media stirring the pot because Jimmy looks decent in San fran

Surely itll be loaded w unnamed sources, people familiar with kraft, with Brady, or belichick...just like everything else we see in NYT, Wapo, Newsweek etc.... All fake news

So “Patriots believe this is the last year for the trio” yet some how, Brady “forced” Bill to trade the potential heir to the QB throne?

So, what, that means Bill is leaving? LOL

Because Kraft certainly isn’t selling the team and there’s no way either Kraft nor Belichick is allowing Jimmy G to leave if Brady’s retiring after the season.

So all in all....this article is complete, fabricated ********.

D E S P E R A T I O N

I know right? All the Patriots beat writers that pry inside information out piece by piece every single day... and I’m to believe that ESPN... public enemy #1 to the most tight lipped franchise in sports history...somehow, some way has top secret credible information? Give me a damn break.

So “Patriots believe this is the last year for the trio” yet some how, Brady “forced” Bill to trade the potential heir to the QB throne?

So, what, that means Bill is leaving? LOL

Because Kraft certainly isn’t selling the team and there’s no way Kraft is allowing Jimmy G to leave if Brady’s retiring.

So all in all....this article is complete ********.

and why is Josh Mcdaniels/Patricia interviewing for coaches jobs? if Bill is leaving the team they will be next in line? But instead they are interviewing with other teams.

thats how you know this is all BS.

As opposed to the " fake news" of John Tomase and Ron Borges in the going bye bye Herald. Speaking of Wapo, I seem to remember one their columnists Sally Jenkins fiercely and relentlessly defending Brady and the Patriots in deflategate. More "fake news?"

I know everyone wants to totally dismiss this, and normally I'd be inclined to agree. But when Curran and Reiss, both of whom are among the most trustworthy and well-connected reporters to the team, haven't totally dismissed the rift around Guerrero or Kraft's influence in the Jimmy G trade, I wonder. Because it's Wickersham, I expect it to be like the article from earlier in the year--a lot of sentences written to sound more flammable than they really are, some distorted stuff and fuel for Pats haters, but perhaps some truth too (As was the case with Guerrero).

I have no problem believing that Brady and Belichick are at loggerheads over several issues behind the scenes but are also professional enough to not have it effect their performance during games. Even the best marriages have periods of time where the two can't stand each other.

"Hey team, the ratings are down, again. We need something to drive some more commercials. There's only one more college football game. What have we used in the past at this time of year?"

"I know, I know, let's publish something about the Patriots!"

"Great idea. Anybody got anything?....Anybody?....No? OK, what can we come up with?"

Has ESPN ever done hit pieces on other organizations as they have the patriots?
ITL wrote a damning article about how the Squealers pay off Pitt police and the also shredded BAL for Ray Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes