PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Has 30-for-30 Coming Out On Belichick/Parcells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yea.

A. I love 30 for 30, one of my favorite programs, regardless of the topic. Excellent content.

B. This is one of those stories that has never really been told. You only hear small stories and snip-its, not the entire big picture and its ramifications and impact on the league and league history.

C. Parcells, albeit an ahole, is one of the best football coaches/minds/characters in league history, and guess what - his main protege is the GOAT, another genius coach/football mind/character. It will be interesting to see the old footage of their interactions/meetings/sidelines etc. (I was born in 86 so I missed that era) .

Parcells "big" personality got him a lot of publicity, need to remember his shenanigans after the '96 Superbowl when he returned on a separate plane from that game and defected to the Jets..

The two Superbowls he won was with BB as the Defensive Coordinator, BB has won 5 without Parcells .. I will watch it, but never have been a huge fan of Parcells...

I like their 30 for 30 shows as well. This is one of the very few BSPN links I'll click on.

BTW, when is this particular 30 for 30 scheduled to be on? I may have missed it if they showed it. Don't want to give them 2 clicks to check again lol.

I like their 30 for 30 shows as well. This is one of the very few BSPN links I'll click on.

BTW, when is this particular 30 for 30 scheduled to be on? I may have missed it if they showed it. Don't want to give them 2 clicks to check again lol.
It just says "coming this winter," no date. The trailer looks awesome - this is one to watch, even if it's on ESPN.

Love the fact it is called the two Bills - and it
Is all about Pats and Gete (ok ok some Giants too but who cares). Poor Bufallo fans just can’t get a break...

Should definitely be worth watching, my brothers got me into watching some of them and they are usually pretty well done.

Loved Tuna immensely when he came here, especially because we watched lots of Giants in my house as my father was a Giants fan growing up.
Some of the young kids on this forum might not realize that this area was loaded with Giants fans because there were no Patriots until 1960.
I have many memories of my father and I watching those 80s Giants teams on the late CBS game with Pat Summerall and John Madden.
My father was buried with his Patriots hat, but I suspect there was a little bit of Giant blue with him as well.
Can't wait for this 30 for 30...

Parcells "big" personality got him a lot of publicity, need to remember his shenanigans after the '96 Superbowl when he returned on a separate plane from that game and defected to the Jets..

The two Superbowls he won was with BB as the Defensive Coordinator, BB has won 5 without Parcells .. I will watch it, but never have been a huge fan of Parcells...
Parcells dealings in '96 definitely makes me think less of him.

But, Parcells, along with Kraft and Beldsoe put the Patriots on the winning path and ultimately brought us the GOAT coach, who brought us the GOAT QB. So, he was definitely a pivital character in the Patriots success story.

Ultimately, Parcells was best at taking a trash heap of a team and getting them to be a contender. Not sure if he lost interest after a few years and the team was successful or if his character ultimately caused too much tension with ownership. I'd give him an A for helping to right the ship, but hard to understand what he did in the SB (perhaps my memory is wrong, but it felt like he wasn't one of us 1-2 weeks before the SB).

Can't understand why anyone would not give 100% for the SB regardless so that's why I have to think there's plenty more I don't know about the situation. Couldn't just been about the groceries and cooking the meal (ala Terry Glenn).

This looks like it should be interesting:

30 for 30: The Two Bills -Trailer - ESPN Video

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Loved Parcells a ton, but lets not forget he was a .500 coach with the Patriots and kind of screwed the team in the 96 SB

Love the fact it is called the two Bills - and it
Is all about Pats and Gete (ok ok some Giants too but who cares). Poor Bufallo fans just can’t get a break...
They had their time in the sun with "The Four Falls of Buffalo."

Ohhh right. :eek:

Last edited:
Loved Parcells a ton, but lets not forget he was a .500 coach with the Patriots and kind of screwed the team in the 96 SB

Good point.

Truly, there is no one lower on the character scale than someone who ditches their team in the middle of a Super Bowl, is there FCB02062?

At today's BB press conference, he was was asked briefly about this and also about whether he plans to retire with Brady now that JG is gone per this link:
Bill Belichick focused on Denver following questions about Tom Brady’s future, 30 for 30 film with Bill Parcells

I would love to know which reporter asks these stupid questions because they seem to happen more often than not.

Are they really expecting BB to provide a soundbite for this. Reporters look like fools when these questions are asked. It shows no preparation or thought or desire to elicit a thoughtful response from BB which as a fan and listener, that's all I really hope for from these Q&A sessions.

At today's BB press conference, he was was asked briefly about this and also about whether he plans to retire with Brady now that JG is gone per this link:
Bill Belichick focused on Denver following questions about Tom Brady’s future, 30 for 30 film with Bill Parcells

I would love to know which reporter asks these stupid questions because they seem to happen more often than not.

Are they really expecting BB to provide a soundbite for this. Reporters look like fools when these questions are asked. It shows no preparation or thought or desire to elicit a thoughtful response from BB which as a fan and listener, that's all I really hope for from these Q&A sessions.
IDK - the reporters know they're getting nothing. I think they do it sometimes for sheer amusement.

IDK - the reporters know they're getting nothing. I think they do it sometimes for sheer amusement.

That and they're fed questions by their idiot editors.

Lets also not forgot when Tuna was here Kraft had no idea WTF he was doing as an owner.

2 playoff appearances including a SB run makes him one of the most successful coaches in Patriots history.

Lets also not forgot when Tuna was here Kraft had no idea WTF he was doing as an owner.

2 playoff appearances including a SB run makes him one of the most successful coaches in Patriots history.

Parcells put the pats back on the map. Without Parcells, Belichick doesn’t come here.

This trailer gave me the feels like only A Star Wars trailer previously had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes