PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN good fair read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t read yet, but Barnwell’s good

'Shocking' isn't really the accurate word. Anyone who paid attention to the team knew they weren't playing as well as the record suggested. And especially was playing poorly the last month.

Fun article, but seems like he padded it a bit to get to “30 things”. There are like five separate Gronk injuries as different items and also a lot of speculation about Solder, both from a performance and contract standpoint.

Also I know Chandler Jones has been great since he left, but I never felt he made big plays in big moments, and a lot of people on here feel the same. Not sure he makes a difference against Tennessee. Turning him into Mitchell (without whom we probably don’t beat Atlanta) and Thuney (second team all pro guard, integral to last season’s postseason) at a fraction of Jones salary is about as much as you can hope for, regardless of how Cooper did.

Stupid article. What does Deflategate have to do with losing to Tennessee?

The first round draft pick they stole from us would be in the last year of his rookie deal. Could have made a big difference. Obviously a hypothetical but he’s just trying to tell a story.

The first round draft pick they stole from us would be in the last year of his rookie deal. Could have made a big difference. Obviously a hypothetical but he’s just trying to tell a story.

Yes, in my opinion he's reaching

I hate when authors talk about "they could have drafted" scenarios in stories like this. As if we all haven't learned by now that the draft is a crapshoot. Hey, guess what? 31 other teams could have drafted Tom Brady in 2000 too.

No wait... I have to add that a lot of this is just garbage. The Giants blowing a draft pick causing us to lose Nate Solder 3 years later caused us to lose to the Titans 2 years after he left, even though he's been garbage in those 2 years. Hey, if we had 1979 John Hannah on our Oline, we would've won too!

Last edited:
Reactions: SVN
He fails to mention those moves helped win super bowls along the way, I wouldnt give those up just to beat Tennessee this year.

Ah so you have no appreciation for history and the impact of recent situations in defining the team we have now. Your GDT posts start to make more sense now.

how about if we signed a tight end with a pulse and a wide receiver who (1) lineup correctly and (2) could create a smidgen of separation. i think we wouldve been ok.

went all the way back to Gronk in college, drafted, and subsequent health issues and he didn't mention the other TE in that draft?

how about if we signed a tight end with a pulse and a wide receiver who (1) lineup correctly and (2) could create a smidgen of separation. i think we wouldve been ok.

Interestingly both of these were addressed in the very article that this thread was created to discuss!

What does losing a first round pick have to do with how good a team is? Are you serious?

A first round pick that never really pans out for us in recent times? It's a tenuous argument he makes in this regard. We could have picked a good player or a crap player. The Deflategate penalty didn't seem to hurt us in 2018.

ESPN "good"..."fair"

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back