PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Lee JAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think him being with the Texans is 2016 and the 2017 pre-season is likely helping his transition to NE as it was RAC's defense, which I know isn't exactly the same as to what Pats are running now but i'm sure some of the verbiage is similair

I do think him being with the Texans is 2016 and the 2017 pre-season is likely helping his transition to NE as it was RAC's defense, which I know isn't exactly the same as to what Pats are running now but i'm sure some of the verbiage is similair
No only that but he was coached the technique and the position by Vrabel.

IMO this a big reason why he has been able to be plugged right in and play at the level he is.

He did few times, hopefully he can be coached to set the edge, he is very good at pass rushing, but against the run he has to learn disengage with o-lineman and get to the runner. Chandler Jones had this issue when he was new in New England, good rusher but horrible at setting the edge and causing opponents gaining huge chunk of yards.
Huh?
Chandler jones was a very good run defender.
Do you know what setting the edge means, because really isn’t abiyt disengaging from an OL. Those are 2 very different things.

Everything isn't wide open on review. Otherwise Belichick could have challenged the White interception, hoping that the booth would call defensiv holding.

Exactly. The Bills head coach doesn't seem to have a clue about what is/isn't reviewable. Intentional grounding is not reviewable regardless of whether or not the play is being reviewed. The challenge was stupid because the coach doesn't know the rules. It turns out that the challenge didn't really hurt the team, just his reputation is a coach.

It’s freaky. I guess all you have to ba able to do is run, jump and have some strength and bill makes them seem pro bowl quality. It’s madness to be able to do this with guys not even third string.. practice squad for gods sake. I know we have seen it before but it always makes me wonder why other teams can’t even coach first string guys as well as Bill can take guys not even on a 53 man roster
We'll never see this, of course, because he's going to finish his career here, but I'd love to see what Bill Belichick, with all his power and mystique he's accumulated over the years to make players listen to him, could do with an expansion team. Give him 3 years and the ability to spend to the cap and they'd be competing for the Superbowl by year 3 I bet. May not even need that long.

Lee's been fun but the vast majority of those guys don't play the same position as him.
Yes, but each guy that was listed are guys who get after the QB (a few of which were thought to have relatively high sack numbers).

Bill and the coaching staff are elite at finding what a player does well and exploit it. If they suck at something they determine if the player can improve or they don't play them in those situations.

Van Noy expounded on this.
So did Lee:

“All the coaches, coach [Brendan] Daly to Joe Judge, everyone has me in the meeting room around the right people to ask questions,” Lee said. “Just trying to facilitate my transition as much as possible. Just that extra time, embracing the role. That was something I took to heart. Just being able to contribute isn’t enough. It’s about what you do prior. Just taking advantage of the opportunity.”
Eric Lee makes most of his opportunities with the Patriots

What's his current weight right now? When he came out of college he was 254. He has the same measurements as a guy like Everson Griffen. Not comparing him but he had the same combine numbers.

What's his current weight right now? When he came out of college he was 254. He has the same measurements as a guy like Everson Griffen. Not comparing him but he had the same combine numbers.

Uhh, not really? Griffen pretty much had better numbers across the board at 20 pounds heavier. He was a big binkie of mine. Lee has looked good, but I don't think he's remotely in Griffen's league. He doesn't need to be, though. If he can be Nink 2.0, then I'm happy.

Height: 6033
Weight: 273
40 Yrd Dash: 4.60
20 Yrd Dash: 2.66
10 Yrd Dash: 1.63
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 32
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36
3-Cone Drill: 7.25

Height: 6032
Weight: 254
40 Yrd Dash: 4.72
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 26 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.82
3-Cone Drill: 7.41

Uhh, not really? Griffen pretty much had better numbers across the board at 20 pounds heavier. He was a big binkie of mine. Lee has looked good, but I don't think he's remotely in Griffen's league. He doesn't need to be, though. If he can be Nink 2.0, then I'm happy.

I think he's more athletic though than what people give him credit for. He's not as athletic as griffen but if he can give us a pass rush here or there i am fine with it. We could use some depth right now. Wise has been a little quiet.

teaching to the test......obviously one of those guys put alot more time into combine performance......a contradiction in the numbers stands out with the 10 yard dash numbers versus vertical jump.....both require burst, and they had opposite results......Griffen was at USC.....a place that likes to produce combine freaks.....doubt they put the same work in at USF FWIW

Griffen is jacked up in a Brian Cushing kind of way

Lee stands to match Griffen's 1st 2 years contribution in 6 games

Lee's been fun but the vast majority of those guys don't play the same position as him.

I heard Jay Cutler has more TD passes than Dion Lewis...

I hope his performance against the Bills wasn't somehow an artifact of the familiarity he had with them, having recently come from their PS.

I'm optimistic about him, though, given that he had time in the Texans system under Vrabel. Also, he's been making clutch plays - the big moment where you come down with the ball or get the QB to the ground isn't too big for him as it has been for countless guys who look better in the gym, on paper, or in practice than during a game.

Huh?
Chandler jones was a very good run defender.
Do you know what setting the edge means, because really isn’t abiyt disengaging from an OL. Those are 2 very different things.

Not in his rookie year, did you watch? People kept running at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore