PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Lee JAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Lee's interception he looked like he was standing still not even playing with the rest of the team on the play, not around any other players, but couldn't have been in a more perfect spot.

I'm probably overstating the emotional/attitudinal aspect of the game, but that had to demoralize the Bills to see their big successful first drive turn to crap by one of the dudes who was on their practice squad two weeks ago.

Quite an upgrade over Cassius Marsh

I will **** a bit on that parade and say that in the first half Lee was absolutely awful against the run to the point that the Bills were running at him specifically.

That being said.. given how little ago he arrived here and where he came from it was quite an impactful performance. Fingers crossed that issues against the run will not also be his undoing the same way it happened to Marsh.

Lee actually reminded me a bit of Willie Mac today
I was saying the same bodytype wise during the gm. He's just huge and has the long lean build like Willie.

I will **** a bit on that parade and say that in the first half Lee was absolutely awful against the run to the point that the Bills were running at him specifically.

That being said.. given how little ago he arrived here and where he came from it was quite an impactful performance. Fingers crossed that issues against the run will not also be his undoing the same way it happened to Marsh.
He struggled against the run for sure, but this team as a whole has for quite some time. This is i believe only his 2nd career game so I'm cutting him some slack. He's made lots of plays otherwise so far.

Happy for my USF boy! I said when he got signed he isn't an amazing athlete / talent, but he's a consistent player and solid in both edge defense and rushing the QB. He had some struggles today but in general played great. Add Flowers back into the mix and I think he can be even more effective. Hopefully his good play continues.

Next season as well with the addition of rivers too! Draft also has some interesting late flyers too!

He struggled against the run for sure, but this team as a whole has for quite some time. This is i believe only his 2nd career game so I'm cutting him some slack. He's made lots of plays otherwise so far.
Going into today since the CAR game they've allowed
3.9 yards per rush. The run D has been fine

Last edited:
At this rate, by the time the playoffs roll around, talking heads will be saying that opposing teams/coaches have to account for what Lee is doing on every play. It's a really small sample, but an awful lot of big plays (lots of them featuring him specifically) since he came onboard.

The guys who have been yapping for years about how we need more pressure etc. should be happy. "Should" being the operative word.

i wonder what's the over/under for Lee missing a BB practice..

And the coaching staff. Same coaching staff that threw a challenge flag because Brady was not called down by contact for tripping over Burkhead's foot.

They said they were trying to get an intentional grounding call.

ok, re-watch challenge it is;)

looked significantly better than Marsh against the run in his first game
reminded me of LVBell with his sneaky delayed/patient moves a few times today..

I’m just going to say we traded 2 late round picks for Lee instead of Marsh, which so far looks like a great trade

They couldn't challenge the non-call of intentional grounding, but they COULD challenge on down-by-contact (even though it was ridiculous). Once the play is under booth review, everything is wide open. So, they were hoping that the booth would call the intentional grounding.

They didn't.

Everything isn't wide open on review. Otherwise Belichick could have challenged the White interception, hoping that the booth would call defensiv holding.

Being a major liability against the run just makes the Marsh-Lee swap a wash.

He is solid, haven’t seen a patriot have such a game in a single game like he has, every week he impresses. Hopefully he keeps developing his game and stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore