PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Lee JAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
He struggled against the run for sure, but this team as a whole has for quite some time. This is i believe only his 2nd career game so I'm cutting him some slack. He's made lots of plays otherwise so far.

He did few times, hopefully he can be coached to set the edge, he is very good at pass rushing, but against the run he has to learn disengage with o-lineman and get to the runner. Chandler Jones had this issue when he was new in New England, good rusher but horrible at setting the edge and causing opponents gaining huge chunk of yards.

crazy that bill can find these guys who just plug in and perform. and alot of them always come from the bills lol

He did few times, hopefully he can be coached to set the edge, he is very good at pass rushing, but against the run he has to learn disengage with o-lineman and get to the runner. Chandler Jones had this issue when he was new in New England, good rusher but horrible at setting the edge and causing opponents gaining huge chunk of yards.
If Chandler can learn, anyone can

I saw enough to believe Lee can do it. There was a play in the 3rd in which he did a textbook stack and shake and held off on racing upfield

So impressed, a couple of weeks ago i never heard of this guy and now he's an absolute beast

from Reiss:

Eric Lee -- Signed off the Bills' practice squad on Nov. 21, the 2016 undrafted free agent from South Florida played extensively with Trey Flowers sidelined (ribs) and finished with four tackles, 1.5 sacks, three quarterback hits and two passes defended. “He’s smart. He picks things up well,” coach Bill Belichick said, noting that Lee’s time with the Houston Texans in 2016 helped him because there was some carryover to the Patriots’ system. “He’s a sharp kid, he works hard and he’s got good skills. He’s long, has good power, and he can run.”

It’s freaky. I guess all you have to ba able to do is run, jump and have some strength and bill makes them seem pro bowl quality. It’s madness to be able to do this with guys not even third string.. practice squad for gods sake. I know we have seen it before but it always makes me wonder why other teams can’t even coach first string guys as well as Bill can take guys not even on a 53 man roster

He struggled against the run for sure, but this team as a whole has for quite some time. This is i believe only his 2nd career game so I'm cutting him some slack. He's made lots of plays otherwise so far.

I said that in my post just a sentence later. I still dont get why pointing out that he was struggling a lot against the run in the first half is something that people need to get defensive about. Someone can have issues in one area but still have an overall impactful performance overall. We will see as the season moves on in which direction he will go.

It’s freaky. I guess all you have to ba able to do is run, jump and have some strength and bill makes them seem pro bowl quality. It’s madness to be able to do this with guys not even third string.. practice squad for gods sake. I know we have seen it before but it always makes me wonder why other teams can’t even coach first string guys as well as Bill can take guys not even on a 53 man roster
It's not just the physical ability. Those are prerequisites. They also need to be smart, disciplined, hard working, a team player, unselfish, good locker room guy, good communicator, competitive and plays well under pressure.

This place is a hard place to play and takes a certain kind of player to do well here.

Seems Lee checks those boxes.

It's not just the physical ability. Those are prerequisites. They also need to be smart, disciplined, hard working, a team player, unselfish, good locker room guy, good communicator, competitive and plays well under pressure.

This place is a hard place to play and takes a certain kind of player to do well here.

Seems Lee checks those boxes.

I agree, I was just shocked at how many times he was in on destructive plays. The guy was everywhere it seemed like. My dads sitting here saying who’s this guy all the sudden? Poor guy, he is still confused how lions players get over here and play great after playing like crap with detroit. I could say coaching but he won’t accept that. He thinks guys won’t play for lions but get into a pats uniform and start wanting to win. Maybe that’s ten percent of it

I agree, I was just shocked at how many times he was in on destructive plays. The guy was everywhere it seemed like. My dads sitting here saying who’s this guy all the sudden? Poor guy, he is still confused how lions players get over here and play great after playing like crap with detroit. I could say coaching but he won’t accept that. He thinks guys won’t play for lions but get into a pats uniform and start wanting to win. Maybe that’s ten percent of it
Bill and the coaching staff are elite at finding what a player does well and exploit it. If they suck at something they determine if the player can improve or they don't play them in those situations.

Van Noy expounded on this.

Yeah he did. Van not is a good example. Poor old guy is angry. Claiming Calvin Johnson would have won rings in New England. Can’t argue there, won em without Calvin, would win with him probably.

Also, since the chorus of "bust" has calmed down, Belichick keeps a book on players and cuts others as soon as he sees they won't work out. They were scouting this guy last spring and he wouldn't be here now if they hadn't cut Cassius Marsh.

Conversely, if Marsh had looked worth keeping we would have been exclaiming about what a great trade for only a low pick and a guy they were going to cut anyway.

Also, if they had kept Coleman, they would have had to cut J Jones.

See how it works? It doesn't matter worth snit how thy play on other teams. All that matteres is our personnel and coaching evaluation on our team.

Considering he was signed late-season signing off of another team’s practice squad, the early returns have been phenomenal. His presence in obvious passing situations alone has transformed the defensive front into a threat. Combine the sped up clock in the quarterback’s head with the fact that the secondary is beginning to get healthy and hit its stride, and you have a defense that’s been absolutely dominant.

Also, since the chorus of "bust" has calmed down, Belichick keeps a book on players and cuts others as soon as he sees they won't work out. They were scouting this guy last spring and he wouldn't be here now if they hadn't cut Cassius Marsh.

Conversely, if Marsh had looked worth keeping we would have been exclaiming about what a great trade for only a low pick and a guy they were going to cut anyway.

Also, if they had kept Coleman, they would have had to cut J Jones.

See how it works? It doesn't matter worth snit how thy play on other teams. All that matteres is our personnel and coaching evaluation on our team.

BB gives a guy a few weeks, but then cuts bait pretty fast if he sees a deficiency that can't be overcome.

So he takes the wrath of the fans (here, for example) for making a "terrible/awful/stupid/Bill-the-GM-killing-Bill-the-coach" commentary with a wry grin and the next guy on his list to give a tryout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore