PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman’s future with the Pats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
**** This could be for the Bucs or Chargers ***

Today is a tough day for all Patriots fans and players.

The player who is probably most upset is Edelman. He is great friends with Brady and I can’t help by wonder what is going on in his head today.

There was talk about Brady wanting a couple things other than money from the new team.

I would not be surprised in the least to see Edelman get traded at some point.

One of the things they say Brady wanted is “input on the roster”. Now what would Brady want as “input on the roster”?

Would anyone be surprised to see Brady ask the new team to trade for Edelman?

Now we know Bill is not going to release Edelman or trade him for pennies on the dollar to make Tom & Jules happy.

So what is Edelman worth?

This is a shot in the dark, but I would not be surprised to see Edelman moved in a trade.

What would Belichick want from the new team?

The New team is not going to give the Patriots a 1st round pick & I don’t think the
Patriots would trade Edelman for a 3rd round pick.

This is totally hypothetical, but I would not be surprised to see the Patriots move Edelman for a 2nd round pick in 2020 or 2021.

I am not advocating for this trading Edelman, but I feel there is a possibility he gets moved at some point to join Brady .

Edelman is one of my top 5 patriots favorite Patriots players of all time, so I have mixed emotions even writing this.

Last edited:
He's a Patriots Hall of Fame player. And his trade value is probably very low considering his age and injuries.

They should do Edelman a favor (a major role in getting the Patriots 3 Super Bowls) and let him play out his career on a contender with Brady - not wasted away on a rebuilding 7-9 team.

Today is a tough day for all Patriots fans and players.

The player who is probably most upset is Edelman. He is great friends with Brady and I can’t help by wonder what is going on in his head today.

There was talk about Brady wanting a couple things other than money from the new team.

I would not be surprised in the least to see Edelman get traded at some point.

One of the things they say Brady wanted is “input on the roster”. Now what would Brady want as “input on the roster”?

Would anyone be surprised to see Brady ask the Chargers to trade for Edelman?

Now we know Bill is not going to release Edelman or trade him for pennies on the dollar to make Tom & Jules happy.

So what is Edelman worth?

This is a shot in the dark, but I would not be surprised to see Edelman moved in a trade to the Chargers.

What would Belichick want from the chargers?

The Chargers are not going to give the Patriots a 1st round pick & I don’t think the
Patriots would trade Edelman for a 3rd round pick.

This is totally hypothetical, but I would not be surprised to see the Patriots move Edelman for a 2nd round pick in 2020 or 2021 for Edelman.

I am not advocating for this trading Edelman, but I feel there is a possibility he gets moved at some point to the Chargers.

Edelman is one of my top 5 patriots favorite Patriots players of all time, so I have mixed emotions even writing this.
You sure it’s the Chargers? Everyone is reporting it’s the Bucs.

Pls...one news at time...for today is enough...

:D

I could see this happening, but only for a 2nd
Can we stipulate though that someone, anyone, other than BB makes that 2nd round pick?

Time to not only trade Edelman, but also S Gilmore.

The people you hold onto right now are Isaiah Wynn, Joe Thuney and J Williams if he's any good.

They should do Edelman a favor (a major role in getting the Patriots 3 Super Bowls) and let him play out his career on a contender with Brady - not wasted away on a rebuilding 7-9 team.

Considering the Slater and McCourty deals, I don't think they see it that way though.

Not likely unless the Pats are stinking up the joint near the trade deadline.

You sure it’s the Chargers? Everyone is reporting it’s the Bucs.

Thank you !

Actually I should have had coffee first.
I work night just woke up & I thought he went to the chargers.

I just went back & edited my original post.

I’m about laughing that someone thinks Edelman would net a 2nd. 3-5 is more like it.

Wouldn't shock me to see Brady, Edelman, and A.B. all try to get on the same team together.

Wouldn't shock me to see Brady, Edelman, and A.B. all try to get on the same team together.
That would leave the Bucs or Chargers with the most loaded offense of all time. If it's the Bucs, maybe they'd trade one of their existing guys for a RB.

IMO Edelman will still be in NE this year unless Tom's new team offers at least a high 3rd, probably a 2nd. He's still probably their best WR overall right now. Though at the same time - he's on the last year of his deal (I think) and will just depart to play with Tom next year most likely so you can recoup some salary cap and draft capital for him in a draft that is loaded at WR.

I highly doubt Edelman would ever request a trade - he loves Brady, but I suspect he's loyal to Belichick too for drafting him and believing in him enough to keep him on the roster even when he was just a scrappy kid playing CB just to stick around.

No.

$8.3m cap hit this year and the best WR.

One more year of JE 11 in NE

He becomes Stidham's binkie

je11 is the new starting QB. He isn't going anywhere

I’m pretty sure Edelman wants out. He’s not looking forward to getting hospital balls thrown his way.

He will be relied upon way too much with this team. He needs to go to team as the 3rd option or else he’ll be out of the league fairly soon.

I’m about laughing that someone thinks Edelman would net a 2nd. 3-5 is more like it.

If Sanu is worth a 2nd round pick, Edelman on 1 leg is worth a 2nd to make Brady happy.

I could be wrong, it could be a 3rd & a 5th, but I am guessing at a 2nd, but it could be a later pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back