PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Early 2017 mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see 4 RB's being drafted in the first rd, as we speak.

Fournette the best pure RB, but McCaffrey is literally a threat to take one to the house any time he touches the ball. Whether it be a rush, reception, punt or kickoff.

With the 31st pick the NEP choose, there are a whole lot of ifs there..

IMO a foolhardy effort to continue to extend the NFL season..

31. New England Patriots
Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech: A former quarterback, Hodges has intriguing athleticism at 6-foot-7 and 245 pounds with first round potential if he takes his game to the next level for the Hokies in 2016.

Don't leave out Chubb from Georgia and Gallman from Clemson. Both are day 2 picks at least.

It's a ridiculous year for RB. Don't ignore "Rolls" Royce Freeman from Oregon, not your typical Duck at 5'11", 230.

Nice to be able to look at mocks again, I refused this year. 31 picks, f*ck that.

as long as Brady plays the way he plays, all you need is good line play on both sides of the ball and you'll be in it in the end

BB's secret plan - showcase Jimmy G in first four games, trade him for a 1st in the offseason, trade up if necessary in the first round with that extra pick to draft McCaffrey

1st is a lot imo, but maybe a 2nd or a early 3rd

All of those running backs are better than the second best back in this past draft.

McCaffrey will likely be the first one taken. I wouldn't be surprised if Fournette is a 1st rounder as well. But one or more will definitely be available when the Patriots pick.

Top needs for next year.

OT, CB (if Ryan walks), RB, TE (if Bennett walks), S (Harmon will walk and you want to get a fresh guy in the pipeline),

So Ideally I'd go

OT
CB
TE
RB

in that order unless someone really valuable falls.

Lot of really impressive running backs next year.

Myles Garrett is probably the only player I have ever watched for whom I'd be willing to mortgage the entire future on in a huge trade up. He's not only huge and athletic, but he's driven to be great. Barring injuries, I foresee a hall of fame type career for him. How's that for some hyperbole? I usually try to be pretty objective with players (and he does need to get stronger against the run; he's not perfect), but Garrett is a rare player. Perfect scenario next year: Jimmy G shows off skills this season, we trade him for picks, and then package those picks to jump up into the top 3 to take Garrett.

Ha, time for me to come back to reality . . .

Goodell hasn't taken our pick yet, way too early.

This. goodell's just waiting for another team to accuse a Patriot player of wearing the wrong color underwear during a game before he can drop the hammer and take our picks in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 in the 2017 draft

Defense set for 2019 at least

5T Brown (RE) - 3 more years
1T Valentine (NT) - 2 more years
3T Draft#3 (LE) - 4 more years
7T Ninkovich (LOLB) - 2018 they draft onefuy and replace him
9T Draft #1 (ROLB) - 5 more years
WLB Hightower - extended
MLB Collins - extended

-------------

Butler - extended
Draft#2 - 4 more years
Chung - 2 more years
McCourty - 3 more years

2-4 passing down:

4iT Brown (DT)
4iT Valentine (NT)
9T Sheard (LOLB)
9T Draft#1 (ROLB)
WLB Hightower
MLB Collins

-------------

Butler
Jones - 3 more years
Draft#2
Chung
McCourty

Of

Brady - 3 more years
RB#4 - 4 more years
Gronk - 3 more years
Edelman - extend
Mitchell - 3 more years
Solder - 1 more year
Vollmer - extend
Thuney - 3 more years
Mason - 2 more years
Stork - 1 more year
WR #3 JG trade - 4 more years

With the 31st pick the NEP choose, there are a whole lot of ifs there..

IMO a foolhardy effort to continue to extend the NFL season..
Why 31st? Do the Saints get their pick docked for Brees putting too much butter on his toast?

This. goodell's just waiting for another team to accuse a Patriot player of wearing the wrong color underwear during a game before he can drop the hammer and take our picks in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 in the 2017 draft
Unfortunately, it's going to happen...What's there to stop him? 2nd Circuit and Chin/Parker mailed it in telling Goodell Article 46 is carte blanche to do what he wants and we have an owner who takes it and asks for more.....
If you let a bully get away with it, he won't stop.. you have to fight back. You may not win but he has to know there is a price to pay....Right now, Goodell knows there is no price to pay and his minions in the league office will go after the Patriots on some trumped up charge......

Lot of really impressive running backs next year.

Myles Garrett is probably the only player I have ever watched for whom I'd be willing to mortgage the entire future on in a huge trade up. He's not only huge and athletic, but he's driven to be great. Barring injuries, I foresee a hall of fame type career for him. How's that for some hyperbole? I usually try to be pretty objective with players (and he does need to get stronger against the run; he's not perfect), but Garrett is a rare player. Perfect scenario next year: Jimmy G shows off skills this season, we trade him for picks, and then package those picks to jump up into the top 3 to take Garrett.

Ha, time for me to come back to reality . . .

I'm looking forward to watching some Malik McDowell from Michigan State. 6'6" 280lb DE getting a lot of buzz for next years draft. Supposed to be freakishly athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes