PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 14th Annual DW Toys Mock Draft Trade-A-Rama Round 1 for fun

NFW I'm talking with Detroit at #7 while there are still two QBs available...First team I'm calling is Dallas...Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Carolina & the Donkeys can all GFT...
i cant see atlanta trading with us... i think arthur is still a bit pissed about the loss and the 283 diamonds

Where’s the Georgia edge defender Azeez Ojulari, a likely first-rounder?

I think we trade back in the first and could very well take him, a Joey Porter-type player.
I had Ojulari in the upper part of the second round of the Draft Cousin. A little raw but could be a Leonard Floyd type which is not bad. My second, third and fourth Rounds had separate threads in case you missed it. It's opinion and preference I suppose. It means nothing after Thursday. Teams will always proclaim they "got the guy they really wanted".
The actual success rate of an average Draft class is 17% by so called "professionals". These experts have one problem. These are kids. Who knows how they will react with success or failure? Some may never been around big city life if going to NY, Chicago etc. Many were always the big cheese in their college, Now they are the grunts until they prove themselves. Some picked and were square pegs jamed into round holes.
So for every Draft class each Team will have two to three players left at the end of year three, a fair gestation process to determine the worth or fit of said player.The worst Team keep the most picks to force feed holes. The good Teams keep the least picks because they are mostly good to go.
I am positive many posters have the intelligence and skill to Draft better than some "I have been doing this for 20 years" Team personnel folks. Many of us could have outdone the Pats last six years for sure.
DW Toys

Last edited:
Great Job DW Toys. Some nice picks and trades ! Couple of thoughts here..
- i guess Bengals should go with Sewell. They gotta protect their biggest asset and JB looked great imo..they can give him weapons later..I admit Chase would be a great story for JB as well for sure so i think they're looking at those two players if Pitts is gone
- it would surprise me a little bit if the vikings go with rousseau
- i think 1 DT has a shot at first round but three DT's idk...
- i would go in another direction as rb if i'm the tampa GM..i would say OT/CB/Edge here or trade down

Great Job DW Toys. Some nice picks and trades ! Couple of thoughts here..
- i guess Bengals should go with Sewell. They gotta protect their biggest asset and JB looked great imo..they can give him weapons later..I admit Chase would be a great story for JB as well for sure so i think they're looking at those two players if Pitts is gone
- it would surprise me a little bit if the vikings go with rousseau
- i think 1 DT has a shot at first round but three DT's idk...
- i would go in another direction as rb if i'm the tampa GM..i would say OT/CB/Edge here or trade down
Fair retort Cousin,
The Bengals need weapons as well. But in the tird Round I gave them the under the radar OTackle Walker Little, This is a very large tackle class sampling.
"The Bengals lost three wide receivers in free agency, including A.J. Green, John Ross and Alex Erickson".

Walker Little:
"In pass protection, Little is tough to beat for edge rushers. He has good length and strength, and is able to bend at the knee. Little sets up well to take on rushers, and once he gets a hold of defenders, they are in trouble. His length and strength allow him to sustain blocks to the whistle, and he is very difficult for rushers to shed. His long arms and strong upper body also give him an edge in recoverability, so even when he is slightly out of position, he can compensate by getting enough of the rushers to give his quarterback time to throw.

Generally, Little is very dependable to not allow pressure. He has good hand placement and is intelligent to recognize how defenses are attacking the edge. Little also flashes some nastiness as a pass blocker, and it is not uncommon to see him grab a rusher in the chest and throw them to the ground with ferocity. Little sets a physical presence and is a real battler who makes it a long day for edge rushers to match up against.

Little is a plus run blocker for a left tackle. He is a fighter who has some nastiness to him. He definitely is not a finesse left tackle who shies away from getting violent with defenders. Little can get into the chest of defensive linemen and get a push on them at times. At other times, he uses his length to turn and manipulate defenders to keep them out of the play. In the ground game, Little could stand to improve his ability to stay on his feet. Too often, he stumbles and falls to a knee at the second level or trying to push a defender. "

Some have Little as a Round 2 guy.

I gave the Bengals a top edge rusher Oweh in Round 2. They lost their best Carl Lawson to the Jets.

DW Toys

Fair retort Cousin,
The Bengals need weapons as well. But in the tird Round I gave them the under the radar OTackle Walker Little, This is a very large tackle class sampling.
"The Bengals lost three wide receivers in free agency, including A.J. Green, John Ross and Alex Erickson".

Walker Little:
"In pass protection, Little is tough to beat for edge rushers. He has good length and strength, and is able to bend at the knee. Little sets up well to take on rushers, and once he gets a hold of defenders, they are in trouble. His length and strength allow him to sustain blocks to the whistle, and he is very difficult for rushers to shed. His long arms and strong upper body also give him an edge in recoverability, so even when he is slightly out of position, he can compensate by getting enough of the rushers to give his quarterback time to throw.

Generally, Little is very dependable to not allow pressure. He has good hand placement and is intelligent to recognize how defenses are attacking the edge. Little also flashes some nastiness as a pass blocker, and it is not uncommon to see him grab a rusher in the chest and throw them to the ground with ferocity. Little sets a physical presence and is a real battler who makes it a long day for edge rushers to match up against.

Little is a plus run blocker for a left tackle. He is a fighter who has some nastiness to him. He definitely is not a finesse left tackle who shies away from getting violent with defenders. Little can get into the chest of defensive linemen and get a push on them at times. At other times, he uses his length to turn and manipulate defenders to keep them out of the play. In the ground game, Little could stand to improve his ability to stay on his feet. Too often, he stumbles and falls to a knee at the second level or trying to push a defender. "

Some have Little as a Round 2 guy.

I gave the Bengals a top edge rusher Oweh in Round 2. They lost their best Carl Lawson to the Jets.

DW Toys
I agree they couöd grab a solid O-Linemen on day 2 of the draft but when you can get a potential difference maker maybe future Pro Bowl OT it's really good value..regarding Little i like him but they need a consistent OT. Little hasn't played in 2 years and a season ending knee injury..that's a nice addition but not risky and they gotta protect him Day 1. Jonah Williams isn't exactly the most dependable/consistent linemen so far either.
Oweh is a solid pick for them..I believe they signed Hendrickson as a Lawson replacement but they need help for their defense anywhere I agree

I agree they couöd grab a solid O-Linemen on day 2 of the draft but when you can get a potential difference maker maybe future Pro Bowl OT it's really good value..regarding Little i like him but they need a consistent OT. Little hasn't played in 2 years and a season ending knee injury..that's a nice addition but not risky and they gotta protect him Day 1. Jonah Williams isn't exactly the most dependable/consistent linemen so far either.
Oweh is a solid pick for them..I believe they signed Hendrickson as a Lawson replacement but they need help for their defense anywhere I agree
True stuff Cousin.
Sewell and a bunch opted out in 2020. It will be interesting to see who was affected or not.
I like Hendrickson but he had one year of good tape. At this point Hendrickson is a "definite maybe".

They have so many needs. They lost three receivers, they need pass rush. The could use an O Line upgrade. Where do you start? They also let their best D Lineman go.

They should turn pick #5 into multiple top 50 picks.

They are also looking at Ryan Kerrigan.This is a Seau move for the Pats to grab him. He would be an upgrade over Wise. But that would be a great rotation.
DW Toys

True stuff Cousin.
Sewell and a bunch opted out in 2020. It will be interesting to see who was affected or not.
I like Hendrickson but he had one year of good tape. At this point Hendrickson is a "definite maybe".

They have so many needs. They lost three receivers, they need pass rush. The could use an O Line upgrade. Where do you start? They also let their best D Lineman go.

They should turn pick #5 into multiple top 50 picks.

They are also looking at Ryan Kerrigan.This is a Seau move for the Pats to grab him. He would be an upgrade over Wise. But that would be a great rotation.
DW Toys

Bungles are paying Hendrickson to become more than just a definite maybe...But Oweh is still a good pick; he might just have the highest ceiling of any DE in the draft, ahead of Joe Tryon...

And I agree that Ryan Kerrigan >>> Dee Notso Wise.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back