PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Bledsoe: "Give Cam Newton a Full Year"

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
"Drew Bledsoe... said that he'd like to see Newton play a full year in New England's offense after a challenging 2020 campaign for both the player and the team.

"I think they've got to let Cam go a little bit. And I would really like to see Cam get a full year," Bledsoe said. "Last year, the cupboard was kind of empty up there, and I think everybody recognizes that now. There wasn't a lot in terms of weapons for him. They went out and got some weapons, and I think it'd be great to see Cam get back out there and show why he was an NFL MVP."

"Bledsoe makes some interesting and fair points. The Patriots definitely have much better weapons on offense this year compared to last season. The offseason free agent spending spree to acquire wide receivers Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor, as well as tight ends Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith has significantly bolstered the talent level and depth of the team's offense. Newton has a lot more to work with in 2021, that's for sure."

I don't really understand that argument. "They need to start Cam, because the players around Cam are better now." Won't that also be true for Mac, if he seems to be the better overall player at the position?

Drew:

"I think they've got to let Cam go a little bit. And I would really like to see Cam get a full year," Bledsoe said. "Last year, the cupboard was kind of empty up there, and I think everybody recognizes that now. There wasn't a lot in terms of weapons for him. They went out and got some weapons, and I think it'd be great to see Cam get back out there and show why he was an NFL MVP."

Being the biggest topic does not mean we need a new thread on the same subject every time the sun rises.

Ok well I see you made sure there's only 1 QB chat thread active so it should be settled then. Awesome to see random rumor threads go on for weeks dissing Cam but quotes directly from Cam Newton are cut off because some don't want to talk about it. Great. Shows where you're at.

Ok well I see you made sure there's only 1 QB chat thread active so it should be settled then. Awesome, let random rumor threads go on for weeks but quotes directly from Cam Newton are cut off because some don't want to talk about it. Great.
I was actually doing you a favor by letting the discussion start fresh.

In the doldrums of summer, before training camps open and the preseason commences, yes - old threads do tend to have a longer life, with little else to discuss.

But if you prefer, then going forward I can just go back to the standard action of merging threads on the same subject matter.

I was actually doing you a favor by letting the discussion start fresh.

But if you prefer, then going forward I can just go back to the standard action of merging threads on the same subject matter.

I'm fine with a merge. Point is why censor and jump on discussions that are the most pertinent this month. It seems more like censorship to support one specific viewpoint in the QBs. Let random bash-Cam rumor threads ride and anything that defends Cam gets cut off. Seems pretty overt.

I'm fine with a merge. Point is why censor and jump on discussions that are the most pertinent this month. It seems more like censorship to support one specific viewpoint in the QBs. Let random bash-Cam rumor threads ride and anything that defends Cam gets cut off. Seems pretty overt.

We're not going to have twenty threads discussing the same subject.

Period.

I haven't even read through those other threads either, so you are WAY off base implying censorship on my part, or to accuse me of 'supporting one specific viewpoint'.

If the GOAT has ONE section here dedicated to everything about him is it too much to ask if CAM can have one aggregate thread replete with topics and quotes du jour?
Easier to put on IGNORE

A Tom section was set aside, when, like in Oct a half year after he signed with Tampa and with a half dozen active threads yes? Yea totally analagous to 2 threads with different viewpoints one from the player and one from a longtime Patriot. The tolerance level is absolutely different for Cam. Whatever, this team and media is in a frenzy on one specific viewpoint and I see organizational implosion soon. Will be fun to watch.

We're not going to have twenty threads discussing the same subject.

Period.

I haven't even read through those other threads either, so you are WAY off base implying censorship on my part, or to accuse me of 'supporting one specific viewpoint'.
You seem to be suggesting that he's having his period as if that's an explanation for his passive aggressive responses. Just stay silent if you agree or if you disagree.

I think he has a pathological hatred for "McCorckle"...CAM is easier to remember maybe...who knows....

Mac is the future. For better or worse. That's what you draft 1st round QBs for. Keeping Cam AT ALL past the postseason is just setting him up to fail and be embarrassed and hurt the team in the process. John Zannis made this point (which I agree with) in this video w/ Evan Lazar.

Even if Mac gets hurt or totally implodes we should go with Hoyer as the backup. As horrible as that sounds. Rip off the bandaid and let Cam find a better situation or retire in peace. #Cruel to be kind

on edit: I mean past the PREseason. Oops.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back