PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins to hire OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo

But you are making those things up as possibilities when the truth is they just didn't vary the snap count effectively. .

I'm pretty sure that was what was happening. Tom had to a log of nurse maiding for Stork.

I dont recall saying "head bobbing" as THE reason but saying the zero count as the reason and not changing that up.

(If you watch the entire game it wasn't ALWAYS 1 it just was an awful lot which dismisses the idea they had no choice.)

Seemed like it was 95% of the time to me.

You have gone from the head bob tipped off the defense to it didn't but something else the ol did that you Don't know must have.

You are misrepresenting my
argument

You are starting from the answer (OL coach to blame) and backfilling assumptions with no evidence to get there
I'll take Lights word for it which is basically what I have been saying,

Former New England Patriots tackle Matt Light: AFC championship game was lost because of snap count

I'm pretty sure that was what was happening. Tom had to a log of nurse maiding for Stork.

I dont recall saying "head bobbing" as THE reason but saying the zero count as the reason and not changing that up.
That's been the basis of the discussion. People have consistently blamed STORK and googlymoogly for tipping the snap by lifting his head before snapping as if it were a tell. My point in this thread was to debunk that by showing raising the head was a necessary trigger and regardless of what the trigger is there is a snap count independently called and not changing the snap count enough is where the issue was.

Seemed like it was 95% of the time to me.
I'm sue if you watched the entire game it would be less than that but frequently enough that it was a viable guess.

You are misrepresenting my
argument
I'm not going to go back and read through it all but you have given the impression from the start that the head raise was a tell.
If you are saying something different ok then.
I agree they screwed up the silent snap piece of the game plan but it wasn't because STORK raised his head right before snapping and that's an awful tell and the OL coach is a moron for not catching it.
That's been the mantra for 2 years and it's wrong.

And light may be correct but it is the OC job to game pkan the silent snap count.
His argument is they should have practiced different versions. That is not on the OL coach. Never.

andy,
Not trying to insult your intelligence here by any means but you keep going back to a claim to the effect of : its not the OCs job to do X. What are you basing this claim on? I ask because truthfully, the job duties break-down is not very standard in New England. Based on what they’ve publicly disclosed its a whole lot different than your standard HS or NCAA setup. The guy lost his job for a pretty valid reason.

andy,
Not trying to insult your intelligence here by any means but you keep going back to a claim to the effect of : its not the OCs job to do X. What are you basing this claim on? I ask because truthfully, the job duties break-down is not very standard in New England. Based on what they’ve publicly disclosed its a whole lot different than your standard HS or NCAA setup. The guy lost his job for a pretty valid reason.
The fact that the guy list his job does not mean he is responsible for snap counts.

If you have ever played football at any level it would be pretty clear to you that the OC is responsible for the game plan and play calling. Our OC is also the QB coach. The QB calls the snap count when he calls the play.

Other than "I want to blame the guy I don't like" please give me any fact whatsoever that would give a reasonable person any possible way to conclude the OL coach would call the snap count.

The fact that the guy list his job does not mean he is responsible for snap counts.

If you have ever played football at any level it would be pretty clear to you that the OC is responsible for the game plan and play calling. Our OC is also the QB coach. The QB calls the snap count when he calls the play.

Other than "I want to blame the guy I don't like" please give me any fact whatsoever that would give a reasonable person any possible way to conclude the OL coach would call the snap count.

Andy I’ve played a great deal of football at every level except getting paid on Sundays buddy, read my post again regarding coaching duties in NE. Your assessment of what I’m saying is flawed, as Bill fired him for his inability to perform his job well enough to stay. You’re saying...that I’m saying...he was fired over snap counts, and what I’m actually saying is he was fired for his entire offensive line performing poorly, being under coached, not capitalizing on the talents of the players he was provided, and alas being unable to disguise positional assignments. Since you brought up coaching responsibilities re: game plan, JM has a portion of the game plan as does Ivan as does Chad and certainly Bill, they’ve publicly said Chad designs the red-zone plan.

Andy I’ve played a great deal of football at every level except getting paid on Sundays buddy, read my post again regarding coaching duties in NE. Your assessment of what I’m saying is flawed, as Bill fired him for his inability to perform his job well enough to stay. You’re saying...that I’m saying...he was fired over snap counts, and what I’m actually saying is he was fired for his entire offensive line performing poorly, being under coached, not capitalizing on the talents of the players he was provided, and alas being unable to disguise positional assignments. Since you brought up coaching responsibilities re: game plan, JM has a portion of the game plan as does Ivan as does Chad and certainly Bill, they’ve publicly said Chad designs the red-zone plan.
The discussion isn't about whether he was a good or bad OL coach.
The discussion is about the myth that STORK raising his head before the snap was tipping the snap and that is stork and the OL coaches fault.
Perhaps you came in late and saw other people talking about other things but my participation in this thread was solely about that incorrect myth.

While some elements are certainly delegated the OC is ultimately responsible for the offensive game plan and play call and it is ludicrous to think he would delegate what snap count to call plays on the thr OL coach.

To review if Denver was getting a jump on the snap it wasn't, as many suggested because Stork had a tell of lifting his head, as that is a trigger. The issue would be wurhvthr silent snap count after the trigger.
To continue the silliness of blaming the OL coach because of misunderstanding how a silent snap count works and what a trigger is by moving the goalposts to "maybe they delegated the snap count call to the OL coach" is just ridiculous.
If that's the route you wish to take I'm not playing that game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back