PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins to hire OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo

Glad to see him employed...by the Dolphins makes it even better.

He'd better change the keys to his office. Some hookers, er, um.....strippers, er, um.... dancers, er, um..... MODELS might have access.

This is terrible news. He's going to give them inside info on our linemen! Gems like:

"Every day I would tell these guys, seriously guys, block really hard today. And sometimes they would! But usually they wouldn't. Take advantage of that!"

good for him. dude got a raw deal here.

getting the line to play as well as it did in 2014 with a rookie center and trading away Mankins on the eve of the season was no small feat.

not mad about Scar being back, but DeGuglielmo was a hell of a lot better than some want to remember.

getting the line to play as well as it did in 2014 with a rookie center and trading away Mankins on the eve of the season was no small feat.

not mad about Scar being back, but DeGuglielmo was a hell of a lot better than some want to remember.

No he wasn't.

In 2014 he benefited from a veteran line and Brady jelling at the right time.

In 2015 no question they had a ton of injuries but he clearly did not have Stork or the kids ready for that DEN game.

His Line won't get a sniff of Flowers bearing down on the QB.

As much as I want to laugh at this and **** on Googs, there's not a ton of evidence that he was the reason we won in 2014 or didn't win in 2015.

The problem in 2015 was the injuries, and the training staff was in fact overhauled after that season. Obviously, there was some issue with this guy because he only lasted 2 years, but I can't genuinely knock him for 2015 when it didn't even go that badly on his end.

Only concern I have is his knowledge of the offensive philosophy that the Patriots employ..

His skills as an Oline coach make me smile tho

image.jpg

He took Scars group of players and systematically let their technique slip to the point where some of the players were just turnstiles.When it became time to develop new players or get struggling players back on track he failed. He might be a good coach but simply was a bad fit in NE in terms of the players we had (and kept drafting).

Only concern I have is his knowledge of the offensive philosophy that the Patriots employ..

His skills as an Oline coach make me smile tho

Ironically since he showed no clue what makes our players work I think he would be of no use when it comes to inside info.

In 2015 no question they had a ton of injuries but he clearly did not have Stork or the kids ready for that DEN game.

Not only that but look how he was not able to reach Cannon and let him regress into a human turnstile with very bad technique. This was not a Denver issue but once our quick passing game went the way of the Dodo it really exposed the OL of being unable to keep Brady upright at the end of the regular season.

Not only that but look how he was not able to reach Cannon and let him regress into a human turnstile with very bad technique. This was not a Denver issue but once our quick passing game went the way of the Dodo it really exposed the OL of being unable to keep Brady upright at the end of the regular season.
Or cannon having a leg injury that severely hampered him.

No he wasn't.

In 2014 he benefited from a veteran line and Brady jelling at the right time.

If what Matt Light said was true and that the Denver's Defense keyed off of Storks head bobbing how in the hell did that continue all game? That's my only knock on Googs.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back