PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins officially tied for worst record in football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Glaring weaknesses? Questions, certainly, but I don't know about glaring weaknesses. For what it's worth, they're in every game and just don't know how to win games. By no means am I saying that they are any good but to call people predicting good things this year stupid, is stupid in it's own sense.

There'll be a few here who don't agree, but I'm going to cut you you some slack. I'm impressed you're still here, and I'm impressed you're still backing your team in what must be a crushingly dissapointing time.

Misguided maybe. But loyal? Beyond doubt. Good for you.

shmessy said:
Dude.

The Dolphins lost AT HOME to the Green Bay Packers!

They lost to the Houstan Texans!

Their one win this year was a nailbiting come-from-behind win AT HOME against the Tennessee Titans!

Pleeeeeeeeeezzzzze........................

Okay and what's your point? I know the Dolphins are playing terrible. Although they are in games, it's absolutely unexcusable to lose the games they are losing. I'm not saying they are playing good football by any means. (Except the defense, who until yesterday, were lights out.)

ironwasp said:
There'll be a few here who don't agree, but I'm going to cut you you some slack. I'm impressed you're still here, and I'm impressed you're still backing your team in what must be a crushingly dissapointing time.

Misguided maybe. But loyal? Beyond doubt. Good for you.

Thank you sir. That means a lot coming from a Pats fan. I will always back my team and from reading your sig, I can see you will too. Being a fan isn't about rooting for the good team, it's about being loyal to your team and praying they win each and every week, no matter how bad they are. And, true to my word, I returned just like I said I would this summer. Division champs or cellar dwellers, I will still talk about Dolphins football.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Okay and what's your point? I know the Dolphins are playing terrible. Although they are in games, it's absolutely unexcusable to lose the games they are losing. I'm not saying they are playing good football by any means. (Except the defense, who until yesterday, were lights out.)

Aqua, I commend your loyalty, and the fact that you are here now - my post was not meant to "woof" at you. Believe me, we all appreciate that you are a different class than, say, Feelthepain. My point, however, was regarding your contention that they are losing close games and "You have to finish in this league and if you don't, you simply aren't any good."

That isn't the problem. They are losing and getting beaten up by BAD teams. It's not a question of "finishing games", it's a question of being competitive. Take away the fan bias from me and you here - the point remains that they are 1-6 after the cookie schedule portion of their season.

This is a bad team. Do they have a chance to improve? You bet. Saban seems to be a very competent and smart guy who will definitely get them moving. It could take a few years.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Thank you sir. That means a lot coming from a Pats fan. I will always back my team and from reading your sig, I can see you will too. Being a fan isn't about rooting for the good team, it's about being loyal to your team and praying they win each and every week, no matter how bad they are. And, true to my word, I returned just like I said I would this summer. Division champs or cellar dwellers, I will still talk about Dolphins football.

I got a QB question for you. Being a pats fan and all i remember the whole Brady vs Bledsoe event that took place here. What exactly is going on in Miami, are there 2 camps over there fighting it out or do most people want Cpep back as soon as he healthly regardless of how Harrington is doing.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Glaring weaknesses? Questions, certainly, but I don't know about glaring weaknesses. For what it's worth, they're in every game and just don't know how to win games. By no means am I saying that they are any good but to call people predicting good things this year stupid, is stupid in it's own sense.
"Moolarkey" throwing the ball 60 times. That is a glaring, glaring, glaring weakness. HORRIBLE coaching, terrible.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
That's exactlly right. Back in the Wannstache era, that was the philosiphy. Keep the game close, and try to win it late. It worked about 9 or 10 times a season but the problem was our defense would get worn down. Now this team is doing the same thing except they just flat out aren't stepping up in clutch situations.

That's because you have two franchise QB's who are actually worse (because of their denial mindset and unflagging ego) than any of the JAG QB's Nicks predecessor had. At least most of them could manage a game to some extent, and weren't nearly as prone to throwing it away. Neither of these two has ever been capable of stepping up in the clutch. In fact they have a history of making the wrong decision at the worst possible time. Bledsoe-itis, which is why it is so apparent to us here - we've lived it. Daunte won't be any better than Joey if his knees ever do heal. His problem emanates from an body part well north of those knees. And I wouldn't be surprised, looking at his body language, to see him incite a full blown public QB controversy before the season is over, or demand a contract restructure or trade out of Miami before next season commences.

I just found out that the Dolphins win (or lose, depending on how you look at it) the tiebreaker for the worst record in football, based on strength of schedule. So if the draft was held today they would get the number one pick.

zippo59 said:
I just found out that the Dolphins win (or lose, depending on how you look at it) the tiebreaker for the worst record in football, based on strength of schedule. So if the draft was held today they would get the number one pick.

i wonder if they would take Brady quinn or Johnson with that first. I think we can safely say if the Raiders have the number one pick they will definatly take Quinn.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Serious question:

If Miami continues their slide, which i do not believe, who would be their biggest target going into the draft? Would it definitely be QB or would you go defensive line/defensive back? Maybe oline player (even though the theory of taking OL high i think is stupid). I'm actually cluelass as to who Miami would take. Position wise not player wise. Although if QB is not an option i would strongly urge Calvin Johnson.

You can't win with out a blindside tackle which mostly means a LOT. The Phish don't have even a reasonable facsimile. Oher than that position, you can get good OL men later in the draft. Take a page from BB 's and Dante's agenda. Adrien Klemm and Matt Light. Klemm was a walking injury ward so they tried again with Light. Satisfied, they turned over development to Scar and his Academy and a bunch of later picks.

desi-patsfan said:
I got a QB question for you. Being a pats fan and all i remember the whole Brady vs Bledsoe event that took place here. What exactly is going on in Miami, are there 2 camps over there fighting it out or do most people want Cpep back as soon as he healthly regardless of how Harrington is doing.

Yeah it's basically 2 differnt groups jawing back and forth. Luckily, all the Joey guys have shut up after they realize he really had no chance to be better. I am a big Culpepper supporter and can't wait to see what he can do when he gets healthy. All Dolphin fans were blind to the fact that he was no where near ready. Saban rushed him back because of the possibilities this team had. Unfortunetly, it all blew up in our face. At least we can get back to re-evaluating and hopefully improve our football team and coaching staff the rest of this season and the off-season.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yeah it's basically 2 differnt groups jawing back and forth. Luckily, all the Joey guys have shut up after they realize he really had no chance to be better. I am a big Culpepper supporter and can't wait to see what he can do when he gets healthy. All Dolphin fans were blind to the fact that he was no where near ready. Saban rushed him back because of the possibilities this team had. Unfortunetly, it all blew up in our face. At least we can get back to re-evaluating and hopefully improve our football team and coaching staff the rest of this season and the off-season.

Saban's mistake wasn't rushing him back, it was bringing him in in the first place.

He should have gone after Brees. And you can bet, if he had a chance to do it all over again he'd take Brees in a nano-second. Yes, he was concerned about Brees' shoulder. But the writing was on the wall with Duante last year and the MISERABLE year he was having before the injury.

So they take Brees and he's not healthy? They're still no worse off than they are now with Culpepper on the bench and Joe Joe Harrington behind center.

Huge strategic mistake by Saban.

Last edited:
Miami's QB controversy is the equivalent of watching a couple of bald men fighting over a comb. Neither of these guys is the future of the franchise. The Fins best hope is that they keep losing and find themselves in a position to pick up Brady Quinn.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Hey Aqua-I just got back from a week in South Beach and was amazed at the amount of Saban-bashing I saw/read/heard and that was before Sunday's game. Granted, it was over a relatively short period of time so maybe it was just a bad week. What is the feeling about Saban in Dolphin land? Is the blame getting laid at his feet as it seemed or with the team in general, Culpepper's health, etc.

Saban has been exposed as mediocre at best. Bad decision taking Culpepper when he coulda had winner Brees. Can't handle the NFL pressure. whines about blatant PI calls. Has made a Wannstadt team play WORSE, not easy to do. I look for extended mediocrity from Miami and continued improvement from NY with The Penguin (Mangini).

Taylor and the D continue to age. The Miami window is CLOSED. Gotta luv it.

CTPatsFan said:
Hey Aqua-I just got back from a week in South Beach and was amazed at the amount of Saban-bashing I saw/read/heard and that was before Sunday's game. Granted, it was over a relatively short period of time so maybe it was just a bad week. What is the feeling about Saban in Dolphin land? Is the blame getting laid at his feet as it seemed or with the team in general, Culpepper's health, etc.

I hate to say it, but the truth is that a ton of Dolphins' fans are fair weather. Last year, Saban was god, now he is the new Wannsted. It's ridiculous how quick a lot of our fan base jumps off. I still support Nick and the job he's doing and I will support Daunte until he's no longer in a Dolphin uniform. Yeah, Brees probably would've been the better choice, but we can still get it figured out.

Water Boy was warned repeatedly pre-season, yet he still sticks to the abject fantasy of Culpepper as a good QB. Saban has lost the confidence of the fans and soon the players will tune him out. A shame to see Jason Taylor's last years wasted.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Water Boy was warned repeatedly pre-season, yet he still sticks to the abject fantasy of Culpepper as a good QB. Saban has lost the confidence of the fans and soon the players will tune him out. A shame to see Jason Taylor's last years wasted.

This is all opinionated. I don't see how you could possibly know these as facts. Are you a Dolphins' official insider?

We are horrible. The thoughts of maybe landing a guy like Calvin Johnson are the only things that cheer me up.

Our offensive line is horrible... And our offensive cordinator is even worse. Mularkey needs to have the playcalling duties stripped from him immediately. The guy's play calling is sickening. Sure... run with Ronnie only 15 times and pass with Joey freakin Harrington 62 times. F'ing brilliant...

However, for the people here clamoring that Culpepper isnt our future QB, they are very wrong...

On the bright side Aqua04, I think you will be drafting Joe Thomas (who I think is going to be an absolute beast in the NFL), or Calvin Johnson, or Gaines Adams, or Leon Hall (who's stock has shot up into the top 15).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes