PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does God get a fail in the love category?

God has given me the greatest gift of all: Existence and Consciousness.

If you believe that then you must also believe that he gave the same to the 10 million children under 10 years of age who starve and die of other preventable causes yearly.

(7) If There is a Painting... - YouTube

You love him for what he gives you but somehow do not hate him for what he does to others. That is completely self-catered and Satanic.

Pray for forgiveness.

Regards
DL

If you believe that then you must also believe that he gave the same to the 10 million children under 10 years of age who starve and die of other preventable causes yearly.

(7) If There is a Painting... - YouTube

You love him for what he gives you but somehow do not hate him for what he does to others. That is completely self-catered and Satanic.

Pray for forgiveness.

Regards
DL

Existence and Consciousness goes beyond this world. This world is temporary. Therefore, whether it is 100 years or 1 second, that existence and consciousness will carry on in the afterlife which is eternal (I hope). If you don't die, then you can't go to the afterlife. This is logical. And this is what a believer is taught to understand. Therefore a (true) believer is not afraid of death because it doesn't mean non-existence. It just means existence in another realm. That doesn't mean he doesn't value THIS life. He values every second of his existence, even if it is 1 second.

This is just one aspect of how my own Existence and Consciousness relates to myself. How I relate to others is another matter. Yes I can see that there are children dying everyday, every minute. However, their destination is the same as every single one of us.

You may ask, well, they have not developed their consciousness so how can they believe in God? That is for God's judgement. In scripture, he has revealed that he is ALL-WISE and I have confirmed that from what I see of the universe (another long discussion). Therefore, each individual will be judged based on what they have been through and how strong their belief is.

So even if a child is born with defect, it doesn't change how that child should react to Existence because the child is moving on anyway. Is it sad for me? Yes. But this is the opportunity for me to manifest compassion. If everyone was perfect, there would not be any need for compassion. This is the reality of the world. This world is relative. There are no absolutes. But it is created by absolute qualities. My life is about choosing the next step, love or hate, belief or unbelief, truth or false, knowledge or ignorance, humble or ego.

In life, the stronger the obstacle, the better the reward (case in point the pats season and the win vs Saints). In belief, it is the same thing. The universe is consistent.

That is for God's judgement. In scripture, he has revealed that he is ALL-WISE and I have confirmed that from what I see of the universe (another long discussion)..

Hiding in a fantasy to justify your genocidal son murdering prick.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

Hiding in a fantasy to justify your genocidal son murdering prick.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

When did I ever talk about human sacrifice? What is this sacrifice you're talking about? :confused:

When did I ever talk about human sacrifice? What is this sacrifice you're talking about? :confused:

You said your God was all wise and I provided some of that wisdom to show how the belief in the sacrifice of Jesus would be a completely immoral thing for a wise God to do and he therefore would not do it. It is the lie that Christianity is based on. Profiting from human sacrifice is immoral.

Between the various places we speak, it is my way of showing how literal reading of scriptures compromise the morals of the believer.

Substitutionary atonement is immoral and the base of Christianity.

Regards
DL

You said your God was all wise and I provided some of that wisdom to show how the belief in the sacrifice of Jesus would be a completely immoral thing for a wise God to do and he therefore would not do it. It is the lie that Christianity is based on. Profiting from human sacrifice is immoral.

Between the various places we speak, it is my way of showing how literal reading of scriptures compromise the morals of the believer.

Substitutionary atonement is immoral and the base of Christianity.

Regards
DL

Then I guess it is all well that I don't believe Jesus was sacrificed and I am not christian. Also, I do not condone reading scriptures literally in any way.

Well, he's given you existence :)

(Sorry I just had to do it. I actually like these posts. It was just so there.)

God cannot be everything if you are you when you get there.

You are about 1/2 you (in terms of potential,) the rest to be shaped by your environment. So you have your genes, and you have your environment, that is, your experiences.

You take your individual (part genetic, part determined by previous interactions with your environment,) and move on to the next interaction with your environment.

Then you call that your self, your uniqueness, etc.

"Ah," you say, "But I think therefore I am; I exist; I must be unique."

So far we have established that an organism was born, so you are live. In that you are like an ant, a dog, a paramecium, take your pick.

The distinction is that your brain is a bit bigger than most animals', and is bigger in relation to your body than most animals. Interestingly, small birds and small ants seem to have a higher brain-body ratio. In any event, in our brains something happens that we (predictably) highly value, which we call consciousness. (As to animal-kingdom versions of consciousness, that's another discussion.)

I don't think we mean the consciousness of a newborn baby. It may have the equipment for consciousness, but it is full of nothing yet but hardwired instinct. It has to take a leak or poop. It sometimes has to vomit or burp, because it's still figuring out the basics, like eating (or drinking, to be more precise.) It's not going to be writing Madame Bovary or the general theory of relativity anytime soon.

The baby grows and learns - first almost exclusively from its mother and the inanimate things around it, then more and more from other things in its environment. It takes in sense impressions. Things that cause pain (and anything associated) should be avoided, things that bring pleasure (and anything associated) should be sought out. It constantly seeks out information through sense impressions, and organizes them with a very complex processor capable of memory, processing new information, and importantly for our purposes "higher functions" like language, math, and other forms of abstract thought. The person no long needs to take you to a hill and point at it. He can say "hill." He can draw a picture of a hill. He can mathematically describe the hill.

Since he can use symbols he can combine them to discuss things in the world.

And then there's the part we really think is special: He can tell himself a story about things he's converted to symbols, then manipulated in hierarchies, sometimes invoking laws; two plus two always equal four, for example. But the important part is that in telling himself this story, he includes himself in the story. He says "I saw," "I think," "I etc." He is not merely comparable, say, to a mobile computer with its own freedom of movement. He is self-aware (something we don't think any computer has become to date.)

But save for the emergence of ego, what does it mean to be self-aware? What are we thinking of?

We manipulate symbols, a very high-functioning outcome of the earlier faculties we are born with (ordering sense impressions in a very economical way, then combining those derivative symbols into system of symbols.) Most of what we call "thinking" is outside the realm of true thought; other aspects happen without much consciousness at all. For example, if we "know the way," we drive easily from point A to point B "automatically." If you play a musical instrument, you know that you have to think while learning a song, then you practice it until you are on full auto. When I edit, I know almost by "muscle memory" one set of rules (such as grammar and spelling in most cases, even the cases most smart people haven't committed to memory, or for which they use different conventions). I use a more practiced set of rules to do more "subjective" things. Finally, I use the rule of "what sounds better" for other aspects. Similarly for almost all work functions.

Now: When I write, which someone or another (in another age) once defined as "thinking on paper," I am synthesizing what we generously call "ideas." We do this out of combinations and interactions between systems of symbols we've heard of before or constructed out of our symbolic vocabulary, again processing and referring to the world around us (including other symbols and symbolic systems.)

The same is the case in the sciences and in mathematics. That is not to say that our combinations of symbols are not unique, or that they are random. In each system of symbols, the "system" part comes from the rules the individual imposes on the symbols representing representing the physical things which first entered our minds through sense impressions. A good example is Einstein's thought experiments having to do w/relativity -- he'd highly symbolized (as do all physicists,) yet he was constantly thinking in terms of clock towers, falling elevators, streetcars, etc. -- reincorporating symbolized sense data from closer to the "real world" into the land of symbols. In fact, we know the products of Einstein's mind. His physical brain had asymetrical parietal lobes, with the right larger than the left. The parietal lobes are responsible for visual-spatial relations.

It is only the pure existence of ego - "I am that I am," if you like - that separates any of these activities from something that could conceivably be generated artificially.

Now, what is the content of ego? It's a very, very useful way for us to organize these many symbols into a frame that's useful to the individual organism. We may say "I think X," but be no more likely to act in a way consistent with "X" than someone who says "I think not-X." Do I like being me? Of course. Do I conflate it for being the entirety of existence? Of course not.

If you are not you then you are just a redundant toy for God and you will eventually just disappear. Your consciousness will be wasted.

Regards
DL

I'm certainly "me," and my consciousness is certainly my consciousness, as is true of you. You read my words, and conclude that I have written them, and generate an idea of "who" I am. Of course, the physical aspect is unimportant. I've had people on here say they think I'm a skinny bespectacled type.... I do wear glasses for distances, but it turns out I'm more overweight than underweight. But physical impressions are unimportant; you get an idea of the thoughts I put out there, and vice versa. You take these things as a unit and decide I am another individual. I decide I am another individual. We all agree I am another individual.

And since certainly all this gathering of impressions, abstraction to symbol, and symbol manipulation happens in a one-consciousness-per-organism way, it makes sense for us to discuss "me," "you," etc.

But all of these subdivisions into selves can easily be part of the One great evolving thought that is God. Since what we do in our "selves" is so intensely symbolic (in our way of considering it, of a "high" level of consciousness,) I suspect we humans play a big part, at least for our local level, in that One. Of course, we do inhabit one planet orbiting one middling-size star about two-thirds of the way out from the middle of an unremarkable spiral galaxy. There's a lot of stuff out there... even if there weren't seven billion of us, certainly those "bright spots" of consciousness are far from the only ones. And that's to say nothing of the part being played in the One by those small ants (taken together -- which is how they "think.")

By saying one or another person is a "toy" of God, you still insist on separating creator from creation, which is a fundamental difference between us -- or more to the point, between the symbolic systems local to our respective organisms.

PFnV

Then I guess it is all well that I don't believe Jesus was sacrificed and I am not christian. Also, I do not condone reading scriptures literally in any way.

Sweet. Respect grows.

Regards
DL

P A

Your forgot to say anything about this.

``God cannot be everything if you are you when you get there.``

Regards
DL

who's P A?

And you are part of God when you "get here." Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

PFnV

And you are part of God when you "get here." Energy is neither created nor destroyed.

PFnV

I agree. Our only argument is that I am now and forever with my own consciousness within the Godhead while you or your consciousness seem to dissolve within it and lose your own consciousness. If I read you right.

Regards
DL

I think the value of your consciousness -- and mine -- as manifestations/patterns within God, is ultimately not known. I highly suspect, however, that they're irrelevant.

I think the value of your consciousness -- and mine -- as manifestations/patterns within God, is ultimately not known. I highly suspect, however, that they're irrelevant.

Enjoy that thought.

Regards
DL

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back